BBL Match 44 The Final Sydney Sixers v Brisbane Heat 1845hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't ID one of the Brisbane coaching staff. Was up back-right from camera for group celebration. Looks like Stuart Law to me but Google tells me he hasn't been involved there for nearly a decade. Anyone know?

Bichel, Seccombe, Lehmann are their main coaches if that helps.

Wonder if the game being run by a proper national organisation plays a part in it?

In football the national body is pretty much a glorified Victorian state body .

Certainly does their clubs no harm in regards to success in their winter sport
Question will be when the Melbourne Stars and Hobart Hurricanes break their ducks?

Didn't have a deal. His fiancé is also an Aussie girl so was probably nice to spend some time down here with her family.
Thanks Tomi for the heads up
Really surprised he didn't land one of thoes contracts, good cricketer.

It seems like the Brisbane Heat men's side are starting to fulfil their potential. The batting still feels a tad iffy despite their success. It sounds simplistic but maybe Chris Lynn leaving has played a part in the Heat becoming a strong side. It's no longer the Chris Lynn show, it's the Brisbane Heat show when they play. It could have been a golden summer for the Brisbane Heat but their women's side butchered this summer's WBBL final it has to be said.

It seems like the Brisbane Heat men's side are starting to fulfil their potential. The batting still feels a tad iffy despite their success. It sounds simplistic but maybe Chris Lynn leaving has played a part in the Heat becoming a strong side. It's no longer the Chris Lynn show, it's the Brisbane Heat show when they play. It could have been a golden summer for the Brisbane Heat but their women's side butchered this summer's WBBL final it has to be said.
Lynn and Bmac going along with the Boof been demoted to assistant coach is the best thing that could have happened. Plenty of stories about the 3 of skipping training sessions to get on the beers, go to the races etc. It was a laugh for them.

Brisbane if they can keep that bowling core in tack: Neser, Swepson, Spencer Johnson, Bartlett and Kuhnemann will be competing for titles and making Finals at least for the next 3-4 years.

You do sense Barlett, Spencer and Neser will get called up from time to time for national duties.

You could make a case that of all the imports that stayed here the longest, Walter was the best of them this season. So thats a smart recruit in that sense. Tonights game only had 1 import in total.

Juss do you recon he decided to stay to the end
Or he didn't have a T20 contract in the Rsa or Uae.
No idea tbh.

Before this season I had never heard of him, outside of the BBL he's basically only played in England, possibly the UAE once or twice, but he's hardly a name in demand across the entire T20 circuit domestic leagues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea tbh.

Before this season I had never heard of him, outside of the BBL he's basically only played in England, possibly the UAE once or twice, but he's hardly a name in demand across the entire T20 circuit domestic leagues.

This was his first ever overseas league. 92 T20's for Essex and 20 for Manchester in the hundred.

Whilst the BBL draft is a bit of a joke you have to give the Heat credit because I remember at the time seeing an interview where they said they'd spent hours sifting through players and decided they were keen on Walter. Another reason why the draft is a joke, they'll have to give up Munro and Billings to retain him.

You'd think between them two sides would be able to retain the best Vic players, but Murphy played tonight and got an extension, Matt short plays for the Strikers, Fraser McGurk plays for the Gades in BBL but the Vics let him go to the Redbacks in state cricket.

Meanwhile the Stars have more WA rejects than locals in the team. Horrific list management all around.

short didn't look like a player till last season, bloke hasn't lit up state cricket at 27 was never a must sign for the vics. they put a lot of eggs into the maxy,finch basket which hasn't paid off. but let's be real heat won off the back of a guy who has played what one state game at 30?

fraser took a money and left nothing vic cricket could do, i'll back kellway to be a better player long term

Back