BBL Game 2 Sydney Sixers v Melbourne Renegades 1845hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe not 4, but we should be open to shifting Sutherland to 5 depending on the match situation - like tonight with JFM being the one to get out, I'm not sure Wells coming in to join Finch was the right move & that Sutherland would have been a better option

Alternatively, bring in Harvey to replace Wells and inject some youth into the team instead of being a retirement home

Finch in form can take over from JFM problem is it’s been years since he’s been in form and 30 off 30 odd is about all you get. Harvey was woeful last time has he improved at all? Wells was a weird signing still is.

Finch in form can take over from JFM problem is it’s been years since he’s been in form and 30 off 30 odd is about all you get. Harvey was woeful last time has he improved at all? Wells was a weird signing still is.

Harvey is still only 21, but he'd be our best fielder - I know he didn't have the best time of things last season with the bat, but if we're only going to get 6 off 8 from a batsman, I'd rather it be a 21yr old than a 35yr old

Over the past season or two Finch has become the player to hold down one end while his teammate/s take over at the other - it worked tonight with JFM in, and why Sutherland should have been next in when that partnership was broken. Finch has shown he can accelerate later in his innings, which is another reason I think we need to better balance others batting around him and not play too many that go to a run a ball in the middle order

Harvey is still only 21, but he'd be our best fielder - I know he didn't have the best time of things last season with the bat, but if we're only going to get 6 off 8 from a batsman, I'd rather it be a 21yr old than a 35yr old

Over the past season or two Finch has become the player to hold down one end while his teammate/s take over at the other - it worked tonight with JFM in, and why Sutherland should have been next in when that partnership was broken. Finch has shown he can accelerate later in his innings, which is another reason I think we need to better balance others batting around him and not play too many that go to a run a ball in the middle order

I think the problem with Finch is that he chews up way too many balls now. It’s ok to get yourself in - score 10 from 11 or something - but you can’t be a run a ball when you’re 30-odd. That’s horrific for this form of the game unless you’re only chasing a low total. Every now and again he’ll kick on and get 65 from 40-odd, but when he gets out in the 30s it’s a death knell for the team.

Were it not for the Stars delivering one of the most enormous chokes possible several years ago, the Renegades would be the worst franchise in the comp. They are consistently terrible, and there is rarely any change.

I think the problem with Finch is that he chews up way too many balls now. It’s ok to get yourself in - score 10 from 11 or something - but you can’t be a run a ball when you’re 30-odd. That’s horrific for this form of the game unless you’re only chasing a low total. Every now and again he’ll kick on and get 65 from 40-odd, but when he gets out in the 30s it’s a death knell for the team.

Were it not for the Stars delivering one of the most enormous chokes possible several years ago, the Renegades would be the worst franchise in the comp. They are consistently terrible, and there is rarely any change.
Finch has been in decline in T20 for a fair while. Having a strong Australian team around him was a contributing factor to them winning the T20 World Cup in 2021. But the decline in Finch was on full display in the home World Cup in 2022.

A younger Finch 5 years ago, would have been able to clear the fences.

Gone are the days now where you can have a top order batsman clogging up one end whilst the other batsman goes hammer and tong. Finch did look like the pedestrian in comparison to : JFK and Sutherland tonight.

No one will bite the bullet because he has been a national icon but the sooner the Gades do it, you sense it will be better for the team to progress.

Maddinson really needs to go. In his last 15 BBL innings he has only made 3 double digit scores, that's as abysmal as it gets for a batsman. In his last 6 BBL innings he has made 9 runs in TOTAL...

If they move him on and Smarsh can come back their batting lineup actually looks quite decent. Clarke, QDK, SMarsh, JFM, Finch, Sutherland, Wells would be quite a solid top 7.

Last edited:

Finch should open and anchor the innings. Bat around him. You have hitters to do this.

Maddinson really needs to go. In his last 15 BBL innings he has only made 3 double digit scores, that's as abysmal as it gets for a batsman. In his last 6 BBL innings he has made 9 runs in TOTAL...

If they move him on and Smarsh can come back their batting lineup actually looks quite decent. Clarke, QDK, SMarsh, JFM, Finch, Sutherland, Wells would be quite a solid top 7.

Agree but can you drop the skipper... thought he captained quite well but his BBL batting has been awful for some time now.

Back