BBL Match 40 Sydney Thunder v Melbourne Renegades 1845hrs @ Sydney Showgrounds Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thunder from, Cameron Bancroft, Ollie Davies, Matt Gilkes, Chris Green, Liam Hatcher, Nathan McAndrew, Blake Nikitaras, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Gurinder Sandhu, Jason Sangha, Tanveer Sangha, David Warner, Alex Hales, Zaman Khan
Renegades from, Nic Maddinson, Aaron Finch, Jake Fraser-McGurk, MacKenzie Harvey, Nathan Lyon, Shaun Marsh, Kane Richardson, Tom Rogers, Peter Siddle, Jon Wells, Will Sutherland, Adam Zampa, Quinton de Kock, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Joe Clarke, Harry Dixon, Scott Edwards (local replacement player)

Would've liked to have seen Marsh bat one last time. POTM in your last actual game isn't a bad way to go out.

Never even considered a washout.

What an absolute joke of a season for the Renegades.

2 wins
6 losses
2 no results.

I genuinely preferred the 14 game model.

Even the new jersey signs turned me off this year. Please bring back the block colours for every team.

A 10 game season is all well and good but there have been a total of 8 games that have been no results due to bad weather and a bad pitch.

This looks like it will be a 9th game that will be a no result without a ball bowled, I wouldn't be too happy if I was Ch7 or Fox with that return

A 10 game season is all well and good but there have been a total of 8 games that have been no results due to bad weather and a bad pitch.

This looks like it will be a 9th game that will be a no result without a ball bowled, I wouldn't be too happy if I was Ch7 or Fox with that return
It's been very unlucky in that sense.
Not great for the fans either.

Would be interesting to see an analysis of if it has effected finals, have some teams benefited more or less than others from the no results?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7 have gone to normal programming which is ominous in its own right. Off to Fox to listen to the fluffer, Vanilla and Huss.

Ch7 knew there wouldn't be any play tonight but they still had to do their half hour intro saying they were still hopeful there would be play.

They did the usual interviews with the players and the umpires carrying umbrellas still pretending they might still get a game on tonight.

Once they go to their normal programming you know there won't be any play tonight, they aren't coming back from normal programming.

Not sure where you're pulling an extra 4 NRs from.

There were 2 in Sydney, 1 in Adelaide, 1 in Brisbane, and 1 in Geelong.

Not sure where you're pulling an extra 4 NRs from.

There were 2 in Sydney, 1 in Adelaide, 1 in Brisbane, and 1 in Geelong.
Renegades v Scorchers in Geelong was called off due to bad pitch
Adelaide v Brisbane rained off
Stars v Thunder - DLS reduced game
Hobart v Stars- DLS reduced game
Thunder v Sixers at Showgrounds - No result
Brisbane v Sixers- no result
Stars v Renegades- rain reduced game
Sixers v Heat in Coffs Harbour rain reduced game
Brisbane v Hobart- rain reduced game
Thunder v Renegades- Abandoned game

9 games in a 40 game season where weather/external factors influenced the game with 8 of those in the states and territories of : ACT/NSW/QLD and VIC.

Compare that to the Scorchers last 35 games at the Perth Stadium- where rain has never affected a game.

People around Australia underestimate the weather in Perth in summers . It never or barely ever rains there.

Last edited:
Renegades v Scorchers in Geelong was called off due to bad pitch
Adelaide v Brisbane rained off
Stars v Thunder - DLS reduced game
Hobart v Stars- DLS reduced game
Thunder v Sixers at Showgrounds - No result
Brisbane v Sixers- no result
Stars v Renegades- rain reduced game
Sixers v Heat in Coffs Harbour rain reduced game
Brisbane v Hobart- rain reduced game
Thunder v Renegades- Abandoned game
Yeah so five NRs, like I said.