BBL Match 37 Sydney Thunder v Adelaide Strikers 1845hrs @ Manuka Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As a renegades follower I didn’t think there would be a team as poorly coached, and with no real pride in their performance, that would keep us from the bottom spot.

But fair play to the Thunder. They are ******* pathetic.
At least the renegades have some blokes who try and aren’t just about their image

As a renegades follower I didn’t think there would be a team as poorly coached, and with no real pride in their performance, that would keep us from the bottom spot.

But fair play to the Thunder. They are ******* pathetic.
A bit part of their failure for me is having to play games at the Sydney Showgrounds. It doesnt suit their game style playing on a spinner friendly, tacky wicket.

Dare I say it, move their games to the stadium next door at Accor Stadium formerly the Olympic stadium.

Strikers can sign replacement players for Hose and Overton I believe. Guessing Dizzy gonna be working the phones hard later tonight.

What would our finals.side be?

M Short
D Short
Weatherald
Kelly
Kann?
Neilsen
Bazely
Thornton
Payne
Boyce
Pope

Not picked Agar, Doggert, Menenti, Hunt
Unavailable Overton, Lynn, Hose, Head, Carey

The Pope Mobile gets MOTM
He's been pretty good since coming back. Like Thornton, he can be expensive, but he'll still take a couple of wickets along the way. Has been taking wickets for fun for Kensington too so hopefully he can make his way back into the Shield side. He's still only 24 which is still very young for a spinner.

Most consistent from a batsmen in the history of the BBL I would suspect by Matt Short.

500+ runs in a 10 game season is just ridiculous (only 9 innings too), with only one score below 39 and 6 above 50. His economical bowling and occasional wicket have been very important as well and he's a good fielder.

Should be in the T20 squad for the WC later this year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is embarrassing. Have some professional pride ffs.

Going through the motions, the whole team except maybe Green and Sangha. Sams is meant to be a decent 20/20 player but he’s looked hopeless all year.
I think Hales was trying, Warner is a bit of a circus at this level.
Ollie Davies shot was embarrassing.
Sams was actually batting well for once.
I think Big Bash should consider switching to 7 teams. I guess not feasible to do so.
Also less talking to players in the field.
At times it is like watching big brother, it is cringeworthy.
Also we can't have players leaving early to go to the ILT20 in UAE. Not a real tournament, none of the UAE local players involved.

Most consistent from a batsmen in the history of the BBL I would suspect by Matt Short.

500+ runs in a 10 game season is just ridiculous (only 9 innings too), with only one score below 39 and 6 above 50. His economical bowling and occasional wicket have been very important as well and he's a good fielder.

Should be in the T20 squad for the WC later this year.
He has to be a lock

A bit part of their failure for me is having to play games at the Sydney Showgrounds. It doesnt suit their game style playing on a spinner friendly, tacky wicket.

Dare I say it, move their games to the stadium next door at Accor Stadium formerly the Olympic stadium.
Aren't they both drop in wickets? If so there's a good chance they come from the same place...

Can’t find anything suggesting that Overton and Hose are leaving before the end or anything regarding replacements. Has it been confirmed anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t find anything suggesting that Overton and Hose are leaving before the end or anything regarding replacements. Has it been confirmed anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're both contracted for the ILT20 which starts later this week. Same with Lynn. Don't think they'll be allowed to be replaced by an international and the cupboard would be pretty bare by this stage anyway.

Back