BBL Game 6 Sydney Thunder v Brisbane Heat 1845hrs @ Manuka Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s nothing inadequate about the pitch. It’s just an incredibly boring pitch.

It’s so slow that the batters can’t ever lift the scoring rate without risking falling in a heap. There’s also nothing in the wicket for the bowlers and they only look threatening when the batters are trying to score.

This has been the most interesting game of the tournament. Both bowlers and batters are in the game. The other two completed games have been thrashings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been the most interesting game of the tournament. Both bowlers and batters are in the game. The other two completed games have been thrashings
The first game was a thrashing, didn’t really matter what the wicket was that game.

The other two completed games have gone down to the last over. Outside the first game this has been the least closest game.

Low scoring games by their nature will more likely be closer. I just don’t find a pitch like this fun to watch. I care more about seeing good cricket even if it’s more one sided.

The first game was a thrashing, didn’t really matter what the wicket was that game.

The other two completed games have gone down to the last over. Outside the first game this has been the least closest game.

Low scoring games by their nature will more likely be closer. I just don’t find a pitch like this fun to watch. I care more about seeing good cricket even if it’s more one sided.

This has been a great game and give us a 10-20 run margin. 200 run games are as boring as bat droppings. This game basically went down to the last over too. 160 being a great score are the best games you are always in the game even if you lose a few early.

This has been a great game and give us a 10-20 run margin. 200 run games are as boring as bat droppings. This game basically went down to the last over too. 160 being a great score are the best games you are always in the game even if you lose a few early.
This game was over halfway through the Thunders innings, they were too far behind to catch up on this wicket.

It was only due to some poor bowling that Thunder got as close as they did. It’s a bit like when a team is chasing a lower total and get slightly in front then just bat slowly to keep just ahead of the run rate.

Makes for a boring game but goes into the last over or two.

At least with a high score on a good wicket the chasing team has to keep scoring quickly to win as well plus they can still hit a big few overs to catch up if they get to far behind.

If it’s one sided on a good wicket it would be one sided on any wicket. It’s just the better wicket shows it up more.

As a keeper that’s your main job - he’s a great signing but a waste having Pierson in the group as well

Billings isn’t there the whole tournament that’s the reason.

This game was over halfway through the Thunders innings, they were too far behind to catch up on this wicket.

It was only due to some poor bowling that Thunder got as close as they did. It’s a bit like when a team is chasing a lower total and get slightly in front then just bat slowly to keep just ahead of the run rate.

Makes for a boring game but goes into the last over or two.

At least with a high score on a good wicket the chasing team has to keep scoring quickly to win as well plus they can still hit a big few overs to catch up if they get to far behind.

If it’s one sided on a good wicket it would be one sided on any wicket. It’s just the better wicket shows it up more.

Each to their own nothing bores me more than watching 200 run games. There has to be something in it for bowlers, that’s what cricket is a contest between bat and ball regardless of format. We may have lost last night but I loved the game as a spectacle and that’s all you ask. 160 being a good score is a perfect wicket.

Surely 25% of the ball is enough for Umpire's call. Even allowing for the vagrancies of DRS that is hitting.

As for pitching outside leg stump law, it should be like tennis. Even if a very small part of the ball is pitching in line, then it is "in line". That part, like tennis, is accurate. The issue is the tracking after it has bounced.
So what was the deal here?

Initially those two runs counted. Then they were removed. Then they were added back to the Heat's total.

1702423833178.png

1702423850876.png

This had huge consequences for those trading on Betfair's 4 Overs Runs Line.

Who is the blame for the * up? Sadly this will be swept under the carpet.

So what was the deal here?

Initially those two runs counted. Then they were removed. Then they were added back to the Heat's total.

View attachment 1870842

View attachment 1870843

This had huge consequences for those trading on Betfair's 4 Overs Runs Line.

Who is the blame for the * up? Sadly this will be swept under the carpet.
I had 25/1. I was watching Channel 7 not Kayo feed.

I also have Cricbuzz and Cricinfo as backups.

I had 25/1. I was watching Channel 7 not Kayo feed.

I also have Cricbuzz and Cricinfo as backups.
Both channel seven and Kayo had 1/24 when I wicket was taken with the 23rd legal ball of the match.

Channel seven went to an ad break, and on return from the ad break with a new batter at the crease, the score updated to 1/22. There was a single scored off the final ball of the fourth over, taking the total to 1/23.

Channel seven then went to an ad break. The score was still showing 1/23 before the fifth over commenced. The score then updated to 1/25 a few seconds later prior to the fifth over commencing.

Check it out... The impact isn't enough for a royal commission, not even close, nor am I suggesting that... It just has consequences on betting markets. Which to 99% of people is no big deal and that's why nothing will be made of it and no questions will be asked.

Both channel seven and Kayo had 1/24 when I wicket was taken with the 23rd legal ball of the match.

Channel seven went to an ad break, and on return from the ad break with a new batter at the crease, the score updated to 1/22. There was a single scored off the final ball of the fourth over, taking the total to 1/23.

Channel seven then went to an ad break. The score was still showing 1/23 before the fifth over commenced. The score then updated to 1/25 a few seconds later prior to the fifth over commencing.

Check it out... The impact isn't enough for a royal commission, not even close, nor am I suggesting that... It just has consequences on betting markets. Which to 99% of people is no big deal and that's why nothing will be made of it and no questions will be asked.
Im gathering Channel 7 and/or Kayo must have missed the wide ball earlier in the over. (first ball of that over)

Scoreboard on Kayo went like this:

24/0 off 3.4

after Josh Brown got out it went to

22/1 off 3.5 overs
then
23/1 off 4.0 overs

Definite Kayo Scoreboard mistake.

I like to have: Cricinfo, Cricbuzz and online scoreboard open. And you just never fully trust any scoreboard as it can be open to human error at times.

Back