BBL Match 27 Adelaide Strikers v Perth Scorchers 1845hrs @ the Adelaide Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You would think he was the next Dennis Lillee the way people are talking him up.

He is sharp but not express like Tait or Lee and as I said before he doesn't have many other tricks in terms of swing, seam, slower balls etc.
I'm not sure where it has come from, his pace is nothing amazing. It's good but nothing to get excited about.

I'm probably biased because I go for the Scorchers...but part of why we're so successful is we 'generally' don't need the same people to perform each time, someone else tends to step up. Time will tell of couse!
So apparently tonight we didn't have 'that' person didn't stand up!

Very well done Strikers.

Too good. I'll wait till Monday to see if it's a worrying trend.

I will say the dropped catches seem to be stacking up this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perth have a fairly tough run home and they are no certs to finish top 2 right now.

Home Run: Thunder (Showgrounds), Brisbane (GABBA), Brisbane (Perth Stadium), Sixers (Perth Stadium)

Zak Crawley wont be there for the last 2 games. And you sense with Perth if you get into number 6 onwards , you can really expose them. eg Cooper Connolly, Ashton Agar at 6 and 7. Turner obviously a big loss, do the Scorchers get back Mitch Marsh or/and Cam Green like Steve Smith for the Sixers? (Looking at @HoneyballBBL there is no mention of Marsh or Green so i assume they wont take part in Scorchers final few fixtures)

With the weather not looking great for Sydney on next Monday, a 1 point result there , could open up that 2nd spot to Sixers.

Perth have a fairly tough run home and they are no certs to finish top 2 right now.

Home Run: Thunder (Showgrounds), Brisbane (GABBA), Brisbane (Perth Stadium), Sixers (Perth Stadium)

Zak Crawley wont be there for the last 2 games. And you sense with Perth if you get into number 6 onwards , you can really expose them. eg Cooper Connolly, Ashton Agar at 6 and 7. Turner obviously a big loss, do the Scorchers get back Mitch Marsh or/and Cam Green like Steve Smith for the Sixers? (Looking at @HoneyballBBL there is no mention of Marsh or Green so i assume they wont take part in Scorchers final few fixtures)

With the weather not looking great for Sydney on next Monday, a 1 point result there , could open up that 2nd spot to Sixers.
I don’t think Cam Green is in the Scorchers squad

So when do we get Travis & Alex back???

Old Trav celebrates hard so maybe he misses on Tuesday.
I did hear Trav in an interview recently say that Jan 9 would be the game he might potentially play. With the Test likely ending today, I reckon it increases the chances him and Carey play on Tuesday. Move Darcy Short down the order and Head opens; Carey replaces Nielsen.

Ryan Harris mentioned that we conceded 106 off the final 6 overs last game haha
Take even just 20 off that and I think we likely chase that down fairly comfortably, Short and Kelly were cruising but had to take more risks because of how many the Scorchers got in the last few overs. Sixers loss hurts the most though, should have chased that down.

I did hear Trav in an interview recently say that Jan 9 would be the game he might potentially play. With the Test likely ending today, I reckon it increases the chances him and Carey play on Tuesday. Move Darcy Short down the order and Head opens; Carey replaces Nielsen.

Hopefully Head puts a bit of effort in this season. Carey for Nielsen improves the team by that much it isn't funny.

Back