BBL Match 42 The Knockout Adelaide Strikers v Perth Scorchers 1910hrs @ Perth Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Strikers from, Wes Agar, James Bazley, Cameron Boyce, Alex Carey, Brendan Doggett, Travis Head, Henry Hunt, Thomas Kelly, Chris Lynn, Ben Manenti, D'Arcy Short, Matt Short, Henry Thornton, Rashid Khan (withdrawn), Jamie Overton, Adam Hose, Jake Weatherald, Harry Nielsen, David Payne (overseas replacement for Rashid Khan), Josh Kann
Scorchers from, Ashton Agar, Jason Behrendorff, Cooper Connolly, Aaron Hardie, Nick Hobson, Josh Inglis, Matthew Kelly, Mitch Marsh, Hamish McKenzie, Lance Morris, Jhye Richardson, Ashton Turner, Andrew Tye, Sam Whiteman, Zak Crawley, Laurie Evans, Marcus Harris

Feels like Strikers have the momentum and with Evans gone it's going to take a vintage backs-to-the-wall Scorchers effort to get up here. Big and raucous home crowd could be a factor as well. Carn boys.

Really surprised Harris didn't play the other night as I think he's a better opening option than the two we have playing and if he does come in he'll be pretty cold to the format.

Adelaides outs affect them more than Perths out. Overton, Hose and Lynn played the last time at Perth Stadium. Not sold on that Adelaide middle order, despite Perth losing Evans.
It could be as simple as get M Short early Perth win, fail to do so Strikers win.

The Scorchers seem to be like the WCE when it comes to getting information about player injuries, availability.

Apart from hearing that Kelly had a calf niggle 3 or 4 weeks ago, have heard nothing.

Kelly, Nielson, Manenti batting at 4-6 doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Game 42:

Teams:

Perth Scorchers
(Playing XI): Marcus Harris, Sam Fanning, Sam Whiteman, Aaron Hardie(c), Josh Inglis(w), Cooper Connolly, Nick Hobson, Ashton Agar, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Lance Morris

Adelaide Strikers (Playing XI): Matthew Short(c), D Arcy Short, Jake Weatherald, Thomas Kelly, Harry Nielsen(w), Ben Manenti, James Bazley, Henry Thornton, David Payne, Cameron Boyce, Lloyd Pope

Perth Scorchers have won the toss and have opted to field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me as well.

We're a weak batting side and its a final.
Get them on the board.

The Scorchers modus operandi (Hi Jobe) seems to be bat first, have a steady, solid first 10 then accelerate for the last 10 which gives them momentum for their bowling innings. Then when they bowl 2nd they just suffocate their opponent out of the game. I wouldn't have gone away from that if I was them.

Back