BBL Match 41 The Qualifier Brisbane Heat v Sydney Sixers 1910hrs @ Carrara

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Heat from, Usman Khawaja, Xavier Bartlett, Josh Brown, Max Bryant, Spencer Johnson, Matthew Kuhnemann, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, Jimmy Peirson, Will Prestwidge, Matthew Renshaw, Mitchell Swepson, Colin Munro, Sam Billings, Paul Walter, Jack Wildermuth
Sixers from, Sean Abbott, Jackson Bird, Joel Davies, Ben Dwarshuis, Jack Edwards, Moises Henriques, Daniel Hughes, Hayden Kerr, Todd Murphy, Steve O'Keefe, Kurtis Patterson, Josh Philippe, Jordan Silk, Tom Curran, James Vince, Rehan Ahmed (withdrawn), Steve Smith, Izharulhaq Naveed

Might be time for the BBL to start considering expansion again. Except this time do it properly instead of just adding more games.

img_0633-jpeg.1888553

2nd team in Perth? :think: and 1 in Canberra?
The Channel 7 pre-game coverage just stated this game sold out in just 4 hours. They asked the BBL GM about the possibility of introducing a Gold Coast team into the league on the local news tonight and he said the Gold Coast was certainly one of the frontrunner options that they would consider for expansion, particularly if people show up in droves tonight.

I'd go with Gold Coast and Canberra if I was the one making the decision. Scorchers have a good thing going so I'd let that keep building. Plus, adding significantly more travel to the league by introducing a second WA team probably isn't the best idea anyway.

The Channel 7 pre-game coverage just stated this game sold out in just 4 hours. They asked the BBL GM about the possibility of introducing a Gold Coast team into the league on the local news tonight and he said the Gold Coast was certainly one of the frontrunner options that they would consider for expansion, particularly if people show up in droves tonight.

I'd go with Gold Coast and Canberra if I was the one making the decision. Scorchers have a good thing going so I'd let that keep building. Plus, adding significantly more travel to the league by introducing a second WA team probably isn't the best idea anyway.
The Gold Coast is where sport goes to die.

Teams:

Brisbane Heat
(Playing XI): Jimmy Peirson(w), Josh Brown, Nathan McSweeney(c), Matt Renshaw, Max Bryant, Paul Walter, Michael Neser, Xavier Bartlett, Spencer Johnson, Mitchell Swepson, Matthew Kuhnemann

Sydney Sixers (Playing XI): Daniel Hughes, Jack Edwards, Josh Philippe(w), Moises Henriques(c), Jordan Silk, Joel Davies, Hayden Kerr, Sean Abbott, Ben Dwarshuis, Todd Murphy, Steve OKeefe

Brisbane Heat have won the toss and have opted to field

The Gold Coast is where sport goes to die.
That's the perception. Truth is the Titans have been around for 18 years and the Suns are entering their 14th year of existence. There's a difference between dying and not having a lot of success. Although cricket would probably different considering the strength of the local competition here has produced some of the Heat's best players like Xavier Barlett, Matt Kuhnemann, Michael Neser and Max Bryant as well as other high level players throughout the league like Billy Stanlake, Ben McDermott and Sam Hain. Even the late great Andrew Symonds is a product of the Gold Coast. Having a strong local base makes a big difference IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the perception. Truth is the Titans have been around for 18 years and the Suns are entering their 14th year of existence. There's a difference between dying and not having a lot of success. Although cricket would probably different considering the strength of the local competition here has produced some of the Heat's best players like Xavier Barlett, Matt Kuhnemann, Michael Neser and Max Bryant as well as other high level players throughout the league like Billy Stanlake, Ben McDermott and Sam Hain. Even the late great Andrew Symonds is a product of the Gold Coast. Having a strong local base makes a big difference IMO.
Hope you're right.

Back