BBL Game 9 Perth Scorchers v Hobart Hurricanes 1845hrs @ Perth Stadium

Who will win?

• Hurricanes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He did last year, BBL is the worst timing for it, they completely forgot how dominant he was this year

Didn't even get a nom from any clubs

Problem is like Short he hasn’t proven himself against spin yet not saying he won’t but this is what franchises require.

Corey Anderson was quiet a reasonable player in his prime.Was wondering the other day if he was still playing anywhere.

Key word there “in his prime” he’s as cooked as my beef kebabs tonight

It's taken like 10 years but finally seen something from Chris Jordan that justifies being called an 'all-rounder'.

Perth are far too good. Behrendorff and Richardson are probably the best 2 bowlers in the comp and if one doesn't get you the other probably will.

He would be struggling to get a gig in the Super Smash these days which is the NZ version of the Big Bash.

The Hurricanes are probably one of the few T20 franchises left that are desperate enough to still recruit him.
Remember the ODI WC when Au V NZ final at the Mcg.2015 or 16.Corey was pretty handy back then.Had a great Odi Wc.

TIL Corey Anderson is only 33 friggin years old. Imagine doing what he did at 25 and then becoming this. I considered him far superior to Neesham back in the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably needs to bowl more too, obviously scorchers usually don't require him to bowl but IPL would need his all round ability

Yep Green got a packet as he bowls at the death in the IPL too

Dooley may be a case of 2nd year blues, good teams will figure him out. Really impressed with him last year.

McKenzie for Perth might be a case of good enough to get a game for most other franchises in BBL but not for Perth Scorchers.

You sense teams will look to target Perths 4th and 5th best bowler in this lineup now, Andrew Tye may be the one that teams look to attack. He looked easily the least threatening of the main bowlers yesterday.

Dooley may be a case of 2nd year blues, good teams will figure him out. Really impressed with him last year.

McKenzie for Perth might be a case of good enough to get a game for most other franchises in BBL but not for Perth Scorchers.

You sense teams will look to target Perths 4th and 5th best bowler in this lineup now, Andrew Tye may be the one that teams look to attack. He looked easily the least threatening of the main bowlers yesterday.
He's 37 turning 38 next year. If he has a down year he needs to call it imo.

He's 37 turning 38 next year. If he has a down year he needs to call it imo.
The thing is if the Perth Scorchers keep winning tournament by tournament year in year out, you sense the Scorchers wont call it, it will be up to him. And he will want to be around as long as possible.

I do seriously think cricketers in general like to play as long as possible. Look at your Aaron Finches, Brad Hoggs, Shaun Marsh.........Having said that I think Tye would still be good enough to get gigs around the world in lesser leagues.

Back