BBL Game 4 Melbourne Renegades v Perth Scorchers 1845hrs @ Kardinia Park

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How would todays cricketers play on a cracking WACA wicket in a test match like the one below?

It was the norm to play on those snake like cracks back in the day.

Sadly, with Phil Hughes death- I reckon they would abandon a game like that pre-game if they saw that.

Yea since Hughes death they aren't game to produce pitches like that now.

But it wasn’t, the worst spot on the pitch was just about outside the wide line. It’s not like there were damp patches on a good length that were dangerous.
I think you’re wrong there - there was a section of about 1.5 metres in length across the pitch which was significantly wetter than any where else - balls regularly popped out of there - Brayshaw (a respectable first class player himself) was very cautious before they started, then adamant once they stopped

It's been announced general public ticket holders get a refund.

I believe there's a standard clause in the T&Cs if there is no result. Regular tickets will get refunded, Members get a discount on next year's membership.
Someone is going to lose a lot of money whether the Renegades or the stadium. They may or may not be covered by insurance.

I believe there's a standard clause in the T&Cs if there is no result. Regular tickets will get refunded, Members get a discount on next year's membership.
Someone is going to lose a lot of money whether the Renegades or the stadium. They may or may not be covered by insurance.
I have attended a cricket match (international) at Kardinia Park a few years back. I thought the ground conditions were pristine.

They are going to have lift their game, last years matches on the ground the surface was pretty poor-in reference to the T20 World Cup in 2022. Alot of balls in the T20 World Cup qualifiers , pitch was hard to score off and balls tended to plug. Tonight doesnt help Geelongs interest in keeping their fixture or get more games.

Feel a bit for the Geelong people but money talks and Id imagine Kardinia Park/Geelong community will be the big loser from this tonight.

I know tonight was not a completed match.

But Perth Scrochers and Sydney Sixers wouldnt select a De Kock in their side. Not necessarily because he isnt a bad player. They arent after the limelights. Their recruiting is spot on usually as they select players that are generally on the fringe of international selections.

Maybe the Gades need to lower their expectation with their imports because if he isnt going to be there for the Playoffs, it kind of defeats the purpose of having him there.

Perth Scorchers im pretty sure wouldnt pick a player like that if he doesnt really want to be there mainly due to : squad depth, having the longest travel compared to other BBL teams and to not disrupt team chemistry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly this is a symbol of the travesty of woke Australia.
Pitch was a “little bit unusual”
Not Danegous
Not jumping up at the “head is sacred” area.
Just different and trampolining slow….

So perhaps you just suck it and see…
Like the old timers used to do… on a “sticky wicket”
If I was Crixket Australia I’d be livid and both teams and their soft attitude and comments

Seems to me that 80% of current BBL participants would retire hurt lest face Malcolm Marshall, Big Bird or anyone of that ilk…

I know tonight was not a completed match.

But Perth Scrochers and Sydney Sixers wouldnt select a De Kock in their side. Not necessarily because he isnt a bad player. They arent after the limelights. Their recruiting is spot on usually as they select players that are generally on the fringe of international selections.

Maybe the Gades need to lower their expectation with their imports because if he isnt going to be there for the Playoffs, it kind of defeats the purpose of having him there.

Perth Scorchers im pretty sure wouldnt pick a player like that if he doesnt really want to be there mainly due to : squad depth, having the longest travel compared to other BBL teams and to not disrupt team chemistry.
Perth essentially stick to their WA squad - they don’t need to import, Victoria splits into 2 teams and take out the few international players we have and you’ve got…nothing

Not Danegous

If I was Crixket Australia I’d be livid and both teams and their soft attitude and comments

Seems to me that 80% of current BBL participants would retire hurt lest face Malcolm Marshall, Big Bird or anyone of that ilk…
Oldmancloud.jpg

If the Supercoach salaries are any indication , de Kock is getting paid $180,000 salary for a potential 5-6 game stint. That equates to $30k-$36k per game.

He must be laughing off his socks and this is little wonder he didnt look to bothered coming off early tonight.

Last edited:
If the Supercoach salaries are any indication , de Kock is getting paid $180,000 salary for a potential 5-6 game stint. That equates to $30k-$35k per game.

He must be laughing off his socks and this is little wonder he didnt look to bothered coming off early tonight.
Getting a massive earn for dropping catches… seems like a good wicket for me…

Not Danegous

If this is a parody, it's funny.

If it's serious, it's hilarious.

KBLT:
Please show me a single delivery from the 35 deliveries bowled today that wouldn’t be considered “fair play” from a tricky Perth Wicket back 20 years ago…

Yes I’m 41… I remember genuine dangerous wickets… When the WACA had a piece of turf that actually trampolined when hit because of cracks etc…

KBLT:
Please show me a single delivery from the 35 deliveries bowled today that wouldn’t be considered “fair play” from a tricky Perth Wicket back 20 years ago…

Yes I’m 41… I remember genuine dangerous wickets… When the WACA had a piece of turf that actually trampolined when hit because of cracks etc…
I kind of agree with you.

I actually thought the pre-game pitch report may have influenced the game getting called off. It must have got through the coaches and players' heads. I mean Channel 7 were in the Perth Scorchers changerooms so you would imagine that they would have had the telecast on whilst watching from the sidelines. (Tye was also doing his death starring thing with Channel 7) Ponting , Maxwell and Finch were hesitant if the game would go ahead or be stopped.

Like the last ball of the match from Sutherland, I dont think that was dangerous. And even if a couple of those were aligned to Inglis' head, should it be about batting technique to avoid a bouncer? Isnt that what cricket is all about to judge a wicket and play accordingly? And we have to remember Inglis last couple of months he has been playing on roads in India. Wickets that were streamlined for the batters to accumulate runs.

I believe cricket and even in T20 , should be a test for both batters and bowlers. If you get a wicket like that in Geelong, it should be a test of your survival technique as well. A test whether you can reassess a score based on that wicket as a batter. I reckon even a target of say 90-100 runs would have been an enthralling encounter of the batsmans temperament. Too often now with T20s is the mindset is you come out there and you think 'we need 160 to defend'. And if it isnt a 160+ wicket , the blame will go on the ground curators or whether or what not.

I can understand the frustration as to why the game was called off.

Not Danegous

What do you think woke means?

I would doubt that they will take bbl games away; The new stand that’s almost finished has cricket facilities including media centre.

The area that houses the drop in pitch and cricket nets has also been upgraded as part of the works, so I’m not sure whether that had an effect on preparation given the construction has been going for well over 12 months.

Back