BBL Game 7 Melbourne Stars v Perth Scorchers 1845hrs @ the MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s like an old man yelling at clouds
Im not even a Stars supporter and I vented my anger on the social media feeds.

I reckon the fans should have some say in the operations of this club. If voices arent heard, changes wont be made. But make no mistake the voices are now loud and clear.

With the Melbourne Stars having the biggest stadium capacity , you need to actually win games to attract crowds too.

You would think Cricket Australia have to have serious discussions about propping up them come end of the season. If you keep losing and losing in that fashion your going to deter fans from coming. Only 13,522 rocked up last night-thats a huge concern in itself, and look Melburnians aren't stupid......if you even put in a half competitive effort, your going to get people to the gates. You kind of need a good Melbourne team, to prop up attendances as a whole.

Stars have 3 more fixtures at the MCG: Jan 2 (Derby), Jan 6 Sixers, Jan 15 Hobart. Right now you would even be a brave man to suggest they could get more than that for the last 2 fixtures.

Im not even a Stars supporter and I vented my anger on the social media feeds.

I reckon the fans should have some say in the operations of this club. If voices arent heard, changes wont be made. But make no mistake the voices are now loud and clear.
Do fans have enough emotional attachment to BBL teams to kick up in the same way they would if their footy team or the Test team were playing like this? I'm not sure they do.

Do fans have enough emotional attachment to BBL teams to kick up in the same way they would if their footy team or the Test team were playing like this? I'm not sure they do.
Read the Melbourne Stars Facebook social media feeds. I sense there is a lot of anger, I sense management read it. Twitter also.

I say its a concern, based on last season averages, even if you add the Renegades and Stars crowd averages together, its still below the Perth Scorchers. It feels like the gap between Perth and the Melbourne teams' is getting bigger and bigger every year.

1702505134947.png

Stars are a joke lol
Who of the ⭐️ do you genuinely want to see play live? Maxwell - who is currently injured / commentating

Who are the up and coming Vic players that you want to see that are playing for the ⭐️? 🦗

What overseas ⭐️ do we have playing for us that you’d like to watch live? 🦗

How many “journeyman” washed up cricketers are in the ⭐️ squad?
Too many to list

I don’t reckon it’s real hard

for the first half doz seasons i had a vested interest in the stars, due to the plethora of Vic players in the team along with a few internationals i liked ie Wright, and KP.
But then it became a bunch on T20 Merc who played a few games and didnt finish the season out, and other assorted hacks and no bodys.

The BBL was going gang busters for a few years but they failed to capitalise, its just another made for TV comp where wins and losess dont really matter.

for the first half doz seasons i had a vested interest in the stars, due to the plethora of Vic players in the team along with a few internationals i liked ie Wright, and KP.
But then it became a bunch on T20 Merc who played a few games and didnt finish the season out, and other assorted hacks and no bodys.

The BBL was going gang busters for a few years but they failed to capitalise, its just another made for TV comp where wins and losess dont really matter.
It's entertainment, not sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back