BBL Game 4 Melbourne Renegades v Perth Scorchers 1845hrs @ Kardinia Park

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I played in Sydney Grade - albeit a few years ago - wouldn’t have played on that - have played on worse but not wet patches in one spot - player safety is a big thing now - sign off on that CA Safety declaration and it’s on your head

I doubt you did...

The WBBL has more games in their season and I'm pretty sure it's over in a shorter period than the BBL - they need to start with a better schedule for the BBL, things like the Gades now having a 10 day break is a joke

Saturday and Sundays should have double and triple headers ideally.

Look at some of the Australian Test batsmen averages in Grade cricket, most have a worse average then there Test average lol

Even ultra soft tennis players carry on in the drizzle

There’s a difference between drizzle and a guy belting a ball into a pitch north of 140kmph at your head one ball and rolling the next ball.

Surely time to dust up Alf Stewart and Home and Away
Speaking of. What the hell is with those Home and Away ads? Who the f is Eden and why are we supposed to care enough to sms 7 to bring her home? While we're at it are we also voting her off Big Brother and to be winner of Australian Idol?

Speaking of. What the hell is with those Home and Away ads? Who the f is Eden and why are we supposed to care enough to sms 7 to bring her home? While we're at it are we also voting her off Big Brother and to be winner of Australian Idol?

Even I wouldn’t have a clue who Eden is lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well then you’d be wrong…again

You've had multiple posters saying they've played on these types of wickets or worse in grade cricket. You've claimed to say you've played on worse yet also claimed no one has played on these types of wicket in grade cricket...

Figure out which bullshit story you want to come up with first and then stick with it...

I don't want to have to expose you again...

Eden went missing last episode of Home and Away and it's just a advertising campaign to keep people interested leading into next year's return lol

Because you can’t eradicate risk. Yes, you can minimise it. I can’t say this with any mathematical certainty but there is probably every chance that a player dies standing at the non strikers end copping a smashed drive from their teammate as they do from a delivery that lands, pops, jags, and bounces right into someone’s neck at the striker’s end

Yeh but it’s about calculated risks. Pitches in India are very difficult to bat on but they’re almost never dangerous because the variable bounce is often going low. If there’s a 50/50 chance a good length ball takes off and smashes into your helmet, then that calculation becomes unfavourable.

It’s the same with footy. You can’t take out the chance to get concussed, but you can limit it by punishing acts that make concussions more likely. There’s always a chance someone dies in a game of cricket. But tonight that chance was higher than normal and in the opinion of both teams, the chance became too high to continue. I get that people want to watch the game, so did I and anyone fans who went should get full compensation. But it’s very easy to say from the comfort of home that they should be playing right now and I would give the benefit of the doubt to the professionals. They’ve played on bad pitches before, but clearly this was different.

You've had multiple posters saying they've played on these types of wickets or worse in grade cricket. You've claimed to say you've played on worse yet also claimed no one has played on these types of wicket in grade cricket...

Figure out which bullshit story you want to come up with first and then stick with it...

I don't want to have to expose you again...
I’ve played on worse - not in Grade Cricket - is it so hard?

I have been watching cricket for 30 years or so, I honestly didnt know with a wicket that has rained on it- the ball could zip around and bounce all over the place. There was a patch on the wicket tonight that was completely soggy- you could see it from the dark patch.

Never curated a wicket, never played cricket at grade level and I dont really understand how a damp wicket can play. Never really understood the implications of why covers have been brought on to cover wickets but tonight sort of answers a few questions

Eden went missing last episode of Home and Away and it's just a advertising campaign to keep people interested leading into next year's return lol

I’m more worried that you know what happened on home and away lol

I remember Australia playing a shortened ODI against the Windies at the SCG on a damp wicket in the 90s where it was seaming around.

They still managed to complete a game along with the 5th test of the 1992/93 test series at the WACA where there was variable bounce.

Ambrose was virtually unplayable taking 7 for 1 but they didn't call the test off, the players weren't quite so precious back then though,

I have been watching cricket for 30 years or so, I honestly didnt know with a wicket that has rained on it- the ball could zip around and bounce all over the place. There was a patch on the wicket tonight that was completely soggy- you could see it from the dark patch.

Never curated a wicket, never played cricket at grade level and I dont really understand how a damp wicket can play.
Cricket is a game that you never stop learning - damp pitches with bowlers of any pace are dangerous

I remember Australia playing a shortened ODI against the Windies at the SCG on a damp wicket in the 90s where it was seaming around.

They still managed to complete a game along with the 5th test of the 1992/93 test series at the WACA where there was variable bounce.

Ambrose was virtually unplayable taking 7 for 1 but they didn't call the test off, the players weren't quite so precious back then though,

MG Bevan’s greatest knock, I made it back to the SCG just in time to watch it

Back