BBL Game 13 Hobart Hurricanes v Melbourne Renegades 1845hrs @ Bellerive Oval

Who will win?

• Hurricanes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

David’s party pie bowling that’s peak BBL

It really is... for all the developments in the game, we continue to see absolute pie bakers get away with 1, or even 2 cheap powerplay overs in the BBL. Matt Short made an art of it last season as well.

The more I see that footage of Curran the more I think the umpire is as much of a flog as Curran in that situation. Standing there with his arms folded as Curran runs in is absolute toolish behaviour.

I feel a bit for Curran that the vision was released before the appeal, that's a real clear attempt at a hatchet job.

The more I see that footage of Curran the more I think the umpire is as much of a flog as Curran in that situation. Standing there with his arms folded as Curran runs in is absolute toolish behaviour.

I feel a bit for Curran that the vision was released before the appeal, that's a real clear attempt at a hatchet job.

He’s lucky it’s only 4 games. Every bowler in the world knows you can’t run on the wicket prior to the game.

If Peter V'landys was running CA, he'd have trialled a BBL match on Christmas night by now.

They should do it. Would rate its chops off everyone is done Xmas by let’s say 2pm. I’d make it a derby so players can still spend it with their families then play at night

I would have liked a closer look at that. Don't think he hit it but there was a spike as the ball passed the bottom of the bat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just fold the renegades already Jesus Christ

Melbourne Renegades/Stars - 7 games, 6 losses and a No Result.

Merge these shithouse franchises.
Just disband both and let Geelong have a team if they can put up a pitch

Just disband both and let Geelong have a team if they can put up a pitch
Unfortunately, you can't leave Melbourne out of any sporting league, and Geelong is still apart of Victoria so you aren't really reducing the number of Franchises in a "non-cricketing" state. :D

About 20 short. What a surprise.

Glad we had the experience of Maddison and Finch batting at a collective 49 from 46 balls when 10 runs an over was the likely requirement.

If either of these guys are in the lineup next year the franchise should just fold.

About 20 short. What a surprise.

Glad we had the experience of Maddison and Finch batting at a collective 49 from 46 balls when 10 runs an over was the likely requirement.

If either of these guys are in the lineup next year the franchise should just fold.

At least 30 short for mine, look at how QDK was batting, it looked a flat road with short boundaries very little spin

Finch has been batting like this for 3 years or so now but its become evident more this year than ever his fitness is gone.Not only that, think his eye coordination and power has faded. If you were the Hobart Hurricanes tonight, it would have been a smart idea to keep him at the crease as long as possible. I am wondering if other teams will follow suit. Jono Wells, Sutherland and even Tom Rogers batting below Finch are better bats than him. Way too overweight, way past his use by date, and remember his one boundary was only when the field is up. Throughout this whole tournament Finch has been struggling to clear the 30 yard circle. A Prime Finch, he would have plonked those to boundaries.

Renegades ended up being short a good 15-20 runs short tonight and part of that blame has to be given to Maddinson and Finches milking of the singles when they were at strike.

The T20 game has been revolutionised from the past.

Last edited:
Finch and Maddinson combined tonight for 49 runs off 46 balls. The Renegades would have loved to take those runs and balls back as it was a throttle during their innings. Unfortunately, that kind of strike rate on a flat Hobart wicket aint going to win you many games , despite the fall of quick wickets.

Criminal to be letting a guy like Will Sutherland in the sheds only to face 3 balls.

Back