2019-20 Big Bash League

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely everyone can agree that they've overcooked this now?

I can't believe the tournament is still going - everyone could see this happening, CA prioritised money at the expense of the competition, and it is now way too long.

They shortened it by a week from last year. Also, the regular season went down to the last over, I don’t know how you can say that it’s ‘overcooked’

Because 14 games per team is too much, people have lost interest

Crowds are way down. Haven't seen TV ratings but I'd guess they're down too

I don't know how you cope with an AFL season if 14 games is too many for you.

It's also still the most watched domestic sporting code in the country. I think they're doing something right.

""

I don't know how you cope with an AFL season if 14 games is too many for you.

It's also still the most watched domestic sporting code in the country. I think they're doing something right.

""

The novelty well and truly wears off. You might be the only person in the country that says 14 games each isn't too many.

Crowds are down like 30% too.

As far as your graph goes, fewer games than AFL will likely help BBL numbers & it doesn't include streaming (Kayo etc) so not exactly accurate

The novelty well and truly wears off. You might be the only person in the country that says 14 games each isn't too many.

Crowds are down like 30% too.

As far as your graph goes, fewer games than AFL will likely help BBL numbers & it doesn't include streaming (Kayo etc) so not exactly accurate
I’d agree and say that 14 games is fine! I look at it of the way that is the most equal scenario with every team playing each other home and away. This way teams won’t get drawn the unlucky card by playing all teams away that have a home fortress

I don't think Stanlake has been quite as bad as the figures suggest, but when he does get it wrong he gets it wrong bigtime.

I probably would go Conway, O'Connor has been alright this year but considering he barely turns it anyway I would probably only opt for him if the pitch is a slow one, unlikely on recent history

Rauf returns but Dilbar stays as Lamichhane disappears for international duties

I've lost interest in the last week or two. Probably partly because Stars have been rubbish.

Why the * Gotch would open against the Heat I'll never understand. Just read Rauf is back tomorrow night. You beauty. No Cartwright or Sandeep stings alot. Probably means ******* nic maddinson keeps getting a game :rolleyes:

Stoinis
Dunk
Larkin
Maxwell
Handscomb
Gotch
Hinchliffe
Coulter-Nile
Zampa
Coleman/Worrall
Rauf

That's what I'd be going with but Maddo will likely play before Dunk. With Dunk and Maddo playing horrendously we're seriously lacking firepower if Maxwell and Stoin don't go big.

Coleman deserves another crack. Not sure why he hasn't been getting games before some of the poor fast bowlers we've brought in.

I've lost interest in the last week or two. Probably partly because Stars have been rubbish.

Why the fu** Gotch would open against the Heat I'll never understand. Just read Rauf is back tomorrow night. You beauty. No Cartwright or Sandeep stings alot. Probably means ******* nic maddinson keeps getting a game :rolleyes:

Stoinis
Dunk
Larkin
Maxwell
Handscomb
Gotch
Hinchliffe
Coulter-Nile
Zampa
Coleman/Worrall
Rauf

That's what I'd be going with but Maddo will likely play before Dunk. With Dunk and Maddo playing horrendously we're seriously lacking firepower if Maxwell and Stoin don't go big.

Coleman deserves another crack. Not sure why he hasn't been getting games before some of the poor fast bowlers we've brought in.

Because he’s been injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like how the Hurricanes were the last team not to have a distinct advantage (compared to the seasons coming after) for finishing first, and the first team to be disadvantaged (compared to previous seasons) for finishing fourth. Just one of those quirks I guess.

I don't think Stanlake has been quite as bad as the figures suggest, but when he does get it wrong he gets it wrong bigtime.
He’s just had no potency. If you’re going to get pumped like he has, you sure as hell have to take some wickets. 4 wickets in the tournament so far for him. Must develop a better approach than bowing straight quick ones or he’ll continue to have no luck.

I like how the Hurricanes were the last team not to have a distinct advantage (compared to the seasons coming after) for finishing first, and the first team to be disadvantaged (compared to previous seasons) for finishing fourth. Just one of those quirks I guess.

Thanks to the Heat choking. They should have finished 5th and been advantaged by the increase in finals slots.

Thanks to the Heat choking. They should have finished 5th and been advantaged by the increase in finals slots.
To be fair they shouldn't be there at all, they've been pretty ordinary for most of the season, but it's nice having both Wade and Short back in the team. Short's little Indian holiday might have been just the thing

Why should they not be there? When you have a 5/8 system making it, they have earned a spot.
I just mean that they've been pretty poor for most of the tournament but managed to come good just enough to make it. When I say 'shouldn't be there' I mean that more in the 'vibe of it' rather than on strict mathematical probabilities. If you know what I mean.

All teams reviewed in the HS.

Here's the Scorchers.
Maybe Voges will come under some pressure.

Perth Scorchers

GRADE: C+

The Justin Langer hangover rolled on with the three-time champions missing finals for the second time under Adam Voges, something that had never previously happened. The West Australians were once impenetrable although a worrying trend of players leaving the Scorchers’ nest has broken out.

The Stars helped themselves to Nathan Coulter-Nile, Hilton Cartwright and Clint Hinchcliffe this season, the Renegades pinched Shaun Marsh while Josh Phillippe was lured to Sydney Sixers by Steve Smith last year and is now blossoming into a younger version of the glorious batsman.

THE GOOD

It was obvious when the shrewd Andrew McDonald drafted Liam Livingstone to Birmingham Phoenix with his first pick in The Hundred draft that the young Englishman was one to watch. Well, the unknown talent blasted the most BBL sixes in his maiden campaign (27) and put on three century-stands with fellow opener Josh Inglis, when no other pair managed more than one.

Inglis, too, was a shining light with four half-centuries. Fawad Ahmed turned games and Perth Stadium suited his tweakers just fine, with his economy rate of 6.9 ranking in the league’s top 10. Oh, and captain Mitchell Marsh and strike weapon Jhye Richardson showed they are going to play a lot of cricket for Australia, probably across every format.

Richardson still can’t throw properly after that dislocated shoulder injury, but has lost none of his pace and has a knack of taking big, big wickets.

THE BAD

Cricket Australia dudded the Scorchers with a bogus itinerary that saw them jet back and forth across the country after every game.

While other franchises were able to peel off consecutive away games on the one journey, the Scorchers had to return to Perth after every away game. It meant they spent 60 hours in the air, some 40 more than most other franchises.

Voges was rightfully furious and surely that will be amended next season, or else it’ll hinder Perth’s chances of luring star talent. Injuries to AJ Tye (elbow) and Jason Behrendorff (back) limited the wicket-taking options both at the start and at the end of innings. The 6-9 record at Perth Stadium has been costly since moving away from the WACA Ground fortress.

That fixturing is ridiculous for Perth to fly so much more than anyone else. Hadn't noticed that

Sure proposed fixtures go out to clubs for consult before being final? How'd this even get approved? Doesn't bother me really just seems very obviously inequitable

That fixturing is ridiculous for Perth to fly so much more than anyone else. Hadn't noticed that

Sure proposed fixtures go out to clubs for consult before being final? How'd this even get approved? Doesn't bother me really just seems very obviously inequitable
I believe Foxtel wanted the Perth home games spread out. It’s ridiculous but it is what it is. Definitely feel sorry for the players though.

Something else to consider, the amount of BBL clubs a player is allowed to have played with. Cap it at 3 maybe? Would mean clubs are more loyal to players or we see more young players coming through the (BBL) system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many jobs have you had?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back