2019-20 Big Bash League

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the Strikers going to go for another big name recruit like Cam White for next season?

Change of coach is probably the only way we'll get a decent turnover of players

For a Friday night and the top 2 teams in a final this is embarrassing

It was 40 plus degrees with warnings of severe storms and traffic and public transport issues. Many kids first day back at school over here so I’m sure thousands of people decided stuff it..I’ll stay home and watch on TV.

The fascination with crowd numbers has gone over board

This tournament should have been wrapped up by this weekend. The attention span for BBL is fickle even for its fans, and spreading finals over two weekend is too much to ask.

What's the joy in CA spreading out the BBL as much as possible? The energy is over now and I'll be surprised if the finals secure enormous interest. Moreover the energy and momentum of the players in the franchise will be ebbing and flowing by this stage.

Hopefully by next year some common sense takes place and the tournament can be wrapped up by the Aus Open, and one day I hope to God International One Day cricket makes its way back on to free-to-air screens.

Are the Strikers going to go for another big name recruit like Cam White for next season?

Change of coach is probably the only way we'll get a decent turnover of players

Max Bryant should be targeted by every club, he's someone I'd be happy to pay overs for on a 3 year deal. 102 off 60 balls today.

This tournament should have been wrapped up by this weekend. The attention span for BBL is fickle even for its fans, and spreading finals over two weekend is too much to ask.

What's the joy in CA spreading out the BBL as much as possible? The energy is over now and I'll be surprised if the finals secure enormous interest. Moreover the energy and momentum of the players in the franchise will be ebbing and flowing by this stage.

Hopefully by next year some common sense takes place and the tournament can be wrapped up by the Aus Open, and one day I hope to God International One Day cricket makes its way back on to free-to-air screens.

The international cricket is a big one. How the f*** we haven't had our top tier talent here in the country post the sydney test is a moronic decision.

It was 40 plus degrees with warnings of severe storms and traffic and public transport issues. Many kids first day back at school over here so I’m sure thousands of people decided stuff it..I’ll stay home and watch on TV.

The fascination with crowd numbers has gone over board
Tim Gossage was taking the piss out of Victoria’s for using the heat excuse because everyone had a go at the West Australia’s during the Perth test for poor crowd numbers. I think if you read his comments/replies he mentions it.

Tim Gossage was taking the piss out of Victoria’s for using the heat excuse because everyone had a go at the West Australia’s during the Perth test for poor crowd numbers. I think if you read his comments/replies he mentions it.
Well he's a nuffy, but did that really happen (the test stuff)?

Agreed, supply and demand, the tournament works better in a shorter season to keep crowds up and interest. When 5/8 sides make the finals, a longer season becomes less and less relevant. The momentum is lost a bit now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's delayed for the week after AO to maximise ratings.

Aye, lots and lots of empty seats, basically no atmosphere at all in these "finals". Like the last season of Lost they really want you to feel it's important but people stopped giving a rass.

If I owned the BBL, I would have the comp start on December 24th and end before Boxing Day, 8 matches for each team and they get 4 home/away games.

double up should be derby
stars vs renegades
thunder vs sixers
strikers vs perth
hobart vs heat
less travel for each team expect for Hobart vs Heat

do a top 4 finals system as
3rd vs 4th
1st vs 2nd
loser vs winner
winner vs winner

boom, I’ve just fixed the bbl and every team that plays away, must play them at home the rolling year with the expect of derbies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back