2019/20 Melbourne Victory Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't at all excited when we signed Kurz. But he's not even the problem. Our recruiting has just been s**t. I've tried to be patient and give them some time to gel, but we're a month in now and aside from a couple of signs from Dobras in the first 10 minutes we're still not clicking.

Our recruitment has been s**t. I like Basha, but Poulsen has given us nothing, and Dobras has given us 10 minutes in 4 games now. And you can't blame bad luck with injuries when you're signing old and/or injury prone players.

He tried hard when he came on, but we had to know that even as a budget back-up striker in a salary cap league Kenny wasn't the answer. And I'm sure Brown only comes on late in the 2nd in the absence of another attacking player worth bringing on.

I feel like over the recent years I've been among the more patient people in this thread, but there are just no signs at the moment. Even if we have Nabbout and Kruse either side of Ola we have fu** all behind them to set up the play.

We miss Antonis... current evidence also suggests we should've stumped up for Troisi.

Absolutely spot on mate! we have nothing creative in midfield thats why our defence have no option but to play the predictable wide out to Kamsoba.
Ola is being wasted in this setup too.
Basha has shown a little but nothing creative enough like a Nikonvic or Diamanti or dare I say it Troisi.

we are a long long way from anything top four, we are an average side at best
5-8!

When I heard Honda leave, then Barbarouses, then Troisi, then Valeri, then Muscat walk out, alarm bells started ringing.
For Muscat to walk after losing so many quality players tells me there was friction and now we're seeing the consequences.
An injury prone Kruse and an ok Nabbout ain't gonna cut it.
Long season ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't at all excited when we signed Kurz. But he's not even the problem. Our recruiting has just been s**t. I've tried to be patient and give them some time to gel, but we're a month in now and aside from a couple of signs from Dobras in the first 10 minutes we're still not clicking.
That is all we play. 10 minutes and thats it.

Our new internationals are fugging underwhelming

Dobras was decent last night after giving us nothing first 3 games. Poulsen is a spud. Need Hoogland, Nabbout and Kruse back. Basha looks good. Elvis is good for a cameo of the bench and occasional start, nothing more. Kenny is useless. Brown is s**t. Poor Ola getting 0 service.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back