2019/20 Melbourne Victory Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, I thought they OG'd then lol.

Their passing is a clear step up from ours. It's not just them either, it's any Korean or Japanese team we play. Pretty clear the gaps between our leagues.

It's such a bummer when you consider that they're in pre-season.

I want to believe in our league and think that, for all of the faults with the FFA, with the promotion, and with our media, it's actually a pretty good standard league.

But then the Victory go into this competition most seasons and jut get outclassed by teams out of season... You're left weighing up our perennial failure in the ACL vs the very brief success of WSW and AU and wondering how beneficial the ACL is to Australian clubs.

I can get behind this 343/541 formation in the ACL given our standing in this competition, but it's immensely frustrating watching our lack of creativity. Losing Kruse hurt us badly.

When we're 1-0 down we need to be able to adjust this formation with either Rojas or Hope playing as a genuine number 10 to give us something going forward.

That said, I really like Lesiotis, and I feel like we should be giving him more opportunities to start at 6. Despite him being really early in his development, I feel quite assured having him in that position.

It's such a bummer when you consider that they're in pre-season.

I want to believe in our league and think that, for all of the faults with the FFA, with the promotion, and with our media, it's actually a pretty good standard league.

But then the Victory go into this competition most seasons and jut get outclassed by teams out of season... You're left weighing up our perennial failure in the ACL vs the very brief success of WSW and AU and wondering how beneficial the ACL is to Australian clubs.

I think I really got into the A League about 2010 or 2011. As in really got into it rather than just checking scores after the weekend and going "yay Victory". There was a time for a few years around that time where I still think the top 3-4 teams were of decent quality. In the past few seasons though it has actually gone backwards. Constant recycling of players and no one really decent and refreshing coming in from outside. I completely understand why we have a salary cap, but in turn it has also hamstrung the big clubs in their ability to being able to compete in Asia. Have a look at this poxie side we're fielding tonight because the A League simply doesn't allow the depth required.

Most other football fans I know are typical Eurosnobs and won't give the A League a chance. I do because it's our league, but I'm having a real hard time trying to defend it and justify it to anybody at the moment when we serve up these sorts of s**t shows.

I think I really got into the A League about 2010 or 2011. As in really got into it rather than just checking scores after the weekend and going "yay Victory". There was a time for a few years around that time where I still think the top 3-4 teams were of decent quality. In the past few seasons though it has actually gone backwards. Constant recycling of players and no one really decent and refreshing coming in from outside. I completely understand why we have a salary cap, but in turn it has also hamstrung the big clubs in their ability to being able to compete in Asia. Have a look at this poxie side we're fielding tonight because the A League simply doesn't allow the depth required.

Most other football fans I know are typical Eurosnobs and won't give the A League a chance. I do because it's our league, but I'm having a real hard time trying to defend it and justify it to anybody at the moment when we serve up these sorts of s**t shows.
We're having a proper bad season, some times you have to take a step back though and remember that it doesn't happen all that often. Injuries have killed us, our bench are in our starting XI at present. The lack of someone calm and with a decent passing range in the middle of the park is our biggest issue. Basha does ok in holding up the ball but probably makes 50% of forwards passes he attempts.

In regards to our quality in Asia, the test will be tonight when the smurfs play. As Bozza said last night it's our best team vs their best team and will be a great indicator of where the league is.

Victory can't beat Central Coast Marriners at the moment, we shouldn't be getting anywhere near a decent Asian team.

We're having a proper bad season, some times you have to take a step back though and remember that it doesn't happen all that often. Injuries have killed us, our bench are in our starting XI at present. The lack of someone calm and with a decent passing range in the middle of the park is our biggest issue. Basha does ok in holding up the ball but probably makes 50% of forwards passes he attempts.

In regards to our quality in Asia, the test will be tonight when the smurfs play. As Bozza said last night it's our best team vs their best team and will be a great indicator of where the league is.

Victory can't beat Central Coast Marriners at the moment, we shouldn't be getting anywhere near a decent Asian team.

Entire league has gone backwards though. There are some pretty bog average games on every week. Even 7 or 8 years ago the good teams were largely self built, own development and imports. The current Sydney team is nothing more than the cream scraped off everyone else and I don't think it actually will be an indicator of where the league is at.

What frustrates me is the lack of runs being made, which I think comes from the lack of class available to hit those runs.

Think a few have decided to not bother busting a gut to make the run because they continually don't get rewarded for it.

Well after tonight’s result there is plenty of hope for you guys next week, given our terrible record at marvel I give the Reds NO chance of beating you guys despite your teams’ own poor form.

Well after tonight’s result there is plenty of hope for you guys next week, given our terrible record at marvel I give the Reds NO chance of beating you guys despite your teams’ own poor form.

jeez.. you giving up so quickly? least you guys still have something to play for, we on the other hand our season is over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

m74ju8mvfek11.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back