AFLW 2019 AFLW Grand Final: Adelaide vs Carlton, Sun Mar 31, 12.30pm ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
For those that follow the game week in and week out, is Erin a chance for the league B&F? I think she is one of the favourites.
Big chance but with umpires giving the votes, who knows, plus there'll be plenty of other Crows to compete with. I will be shocked if she doesn't get the AA captaincy though, just the VC in year 1 and Randall got it last year.

Phillips you legend. I'm devastated for her though :( and Chloe as well, jesus :( not to mention Tom Doedee!

I only caught the last half because I was out, but was so good to see them play and the amazing crowd. So proud of them all.

Quality was excellent in the 1st half and a bit. They all looked very tired in Q4. Play was very scrappy at the end.

The injuries will sap the focus from the result though.

Quality was excellent in the 1st half and a bit. They all looked very tired in Q4. Play was very scrappy at the end.

Wish I could have seen the first half!!

Two likely ACLs plus injury scares to Thompson and Harris would do that, especially if we had built such a lead we probably didn't feel much point to push as hard.

I think the Crows playing with just 1 on the bench for a while (when stevie lee was off too) probably took a bit of a toll as only 1 real rotation for quite a while. That 2nd quarter in particular was seriously good stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it'll go down as quite the memorable grand final for a whole lot of reasons, plenty good and some bad. I've barely even moved on from Scheer's mark over Harrington, think that passage was basically the Brad Ottens rundown moment in essence.

I don't see Adelaide's draft zone set-up as a particularly enviable situation, if anything their two flags have been won in spite of it. They're a team cobbled together with spare parts much like the Giants, another club with a relatively shallow talent pool to draw from regardless of having a state and territory to themselves.

If their success this year is more about stars than system, they'll plummet in 2020 after losing four of their top 10 players to expansion clubs in the blink of an eye. But I'm confident nobody 12 months ago was thinking "if only we could get Anne Hatchard to play for us...". In terms of their list, the Crows aren't a whole lot different to 2018 when they were a sluggish undisciplined rabble, I give them all the credit in the world for turning it around.

That crowd is bonkers.

I'd love to know how they counted though - with free entry, people presumably aren't scanning a ticket in. So did they just have someone at every gate counting people?

I was there. They still counted people with the times the turnstiles clicked over. It looked like in the mid 40's to the naked eye, but there were thousands standing at the back and kids running around everywhere too. Still, bloody big crowd regardless.

It's actually just taking the piss now, it's not that a fair few aren't there (Adelaide been a bit careless at times) but the same things not being paid the other way.

I could not believe my eyes at the game, how much cheating was going on. The umpires should have had 'VFL' tattooed to their foreheads. It was so blatant they were doing everything in their power to try to give Carlton an advantage. Both of their goals were dubious.

That crowd is bonkers.

I'd love to know how they counted though - with free entry, people presumably aren't scanning a ticket in. So did they just have someone at every gate counting people?
Adelaide oval officials had a ticket at the turnstiles and they were scanning that to unlock the turnstiles for Each individual entry.
Last week though. Manual hand counters (I did only arrive at 1/4 time last week though)

Carlton FC are losers .both the mens and womens teams looked after by AFL
why did the women NOT play in Freo last week instead of there home ground
the first two yr they and Collingwood kick off AFLW seasons, finished last again
Melb and Doggies were the front runners,in AFLW taking all the risks. but snub as usual
the men have been last for a few yrs but still gets Priority games

That crowd is bonkers.

They made everyone go through the turnstiles on the way in so they could get an accurate count. There was a lot of people standing and so many kids running around. Leaving the ground well after the game had ended and there was so many people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back