Preview 2019 Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knightmare has Tom Green (GWS Academy) going in the top 3, possible No 1.
Started in the middle for Allies, when he played GWS reserves (NEAFL) was a key midfielder and dominated last month u/17 Rams v Vic Metro at Ikon

Thoughts...?
Kid has 12 more months of football ahead to confirm/justify that assessment.

Friday, 14 September 2018
Hayden Young, a potential top pick in the 2019 AFL Draft, has been awarded the 2018 Jack Collins-Alan Schwab AFL Life Members scholarship.
The scholarship assists in the development and education of young players and has been awarded in the past to an impressive list of current AFL players.

"Hayden knows how to read the ball when it comes into the backline and has the ability to intercept the ball," NAB AFL Academy head coach Luke Power said.

"Other features of his game are his recovery in contests, left-footed kicking and decision making off the half-back line."

Knightmare has Tom Green (GWS Academy) going in the top 3, possible No 1.
Started in the middle for Allies, when he played GWS reserves (NEAFL) was a key midfielder and dominated last month u/17 Rams v Vic Metro at Ikon

Thoughts...?

Have seen most of the state games for this age group Green and O'Neill are probably the best. However if the Afl clubs wanted a free hit their is a kid called Noah Cumberland who has quit the Academy system so won't play in the national comps. He is playing for Maroochydore seniors and is the best clearance player I have seen for his age

Have seen most of the state games for this age group Green and O'Neill are probably the best. However if the Afl clubs wanted a free hit their is a kid called Noah Cumberland who has quit the Academy system so won't play in the national comps. He is playing for Maroochydore seniors and is the best clearance player I have seen for his age
Why did he quite the a academy?

That’s really interesting about Cumberland will have to look him up.

hmm, what happened to jamieson rossiter? on future stars not long ago he was ranked 8-10, now he's fallen off peoples top 30?

Jamieson has a nest of Ganglion Cysts in his foot. At first was advised to rest and then almost had surgery to remove. At this stage they have decided not to operate. Will be back fit and firing in 2019. Probably could have played toward end of this season, but went conservative.

Do you think these 2 are the best across the entire draft or best from the Allies states?

Do you think these 2 are the best across the entire draft or best from the Allies states?

From what I have seen those two , a midfielder from WA, a small forward from Gold Coast and a kid playing in the Swans Neafl today seem to have the X factor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sharp isn't a #1 draft pick. Kid will just not win his own ball, an elite outside runner in the Gaff (2012-2016) mould with more line breaking pace, needs a little work on composure before his kicking.

Anyone heading to the futures game in SA pre GF on Sunday? The best won't be there but there will certainly be a few worth watching.

Green is the grandson of Richmond premiership player, Michael Green. 1960s-'70s.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back