Preview 2019 Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee the standard of footy is terrible at under 18 level sometimes.my eyes burn watching the Sandy game.. tell the kids to stop switching play.

Still rate yorke at Sandy..
Rangers have 3 great under agers.. who I rate highly.. and still feel next year's draft looks strongerthen this

Gee the standard of footy is terrible at under 18 level sometimes.my eyes burn watching the Sandy game.. tell the kids to stop switching play.

Still rate yorke at Sandy..
Rangers have 3 great under agers.. who I rate highly.. and still feel next year's draft looks strongerthen this

a lot of the better players are playing school footy atm, so the quality of nableague has dropped a bit, but it will strengthen as the finals come around and school footy ends.

a lot of the better players are playing school footy atm, so the quality of nableague has dropped a bit, but it will strengthen as the finals come around and school footy ends.

It's a joke and in a way cruel none of those guys today would get drafted ..

Salele
Clarke
Downie are the 3 kids I liked all next years draft .. Clarke will go top 20 imo

It's a joke and in a way cruel none of those guys today would get drafted ..

Salele
Clarke
Downie are the 3 kids I liked all next years draft .. Clarke will go top 20 imo

i agree Joshua Clarke is a special talent, i love watching him play

Downie and Salele are Hawthorn NGA's and are both solid players although i have Downie a bit ahead of Salele in terms of talent and consistency, but they are both exciting to watch in different ways

i agree Joshua Clarke is a special talent, i love watching him play

Downie and Salele are Hawthorn NGA's and are both solid players although i have Downie a bit ahead of Salele in terms of talent and consistency, but they are both exciting to watch in different ways

Really! was unaware they were part of the hawks zone.super interesting and annoying as they could be good players haha

What's the story with Cameron Wild? Was in Carlton's Next Gen program for a while, but is now playing for Murray this year.

Has he permanently relocated there, and does that mean he is now eligible for Richmond's academy instead?

Its based on residential address, not team, so would depend if he has moved house

Its based on residential address, not team, so would depend if he has moved house
Is there any precedent of a player having been in an academy for several years, and having then been removed in their penultimate year because of this (excluding when GWS was re-zoned)?

Is there any precedent of a player having been in an academy for several years, and having then been removed in their penultimate year because of this (excluding when GWS was re-zoned)?

I'm not sure to be honest.

Yes. Elliot Himmelberg.

Was in the GWS academy. His family moved to Queensland in his last year, and he joined the Lions academy, but was ineligible to join the Lions as he had not been in our academy long enough. So went in the open draft.

Yes. Elliot Himmelberg.

Was in the GWS academy. His family moved to Queensland in his last year, and he joined the Lions academy, but was ineligible to join the Lions as he had not been in our academy long enough. So went in the open draft.
Thanks! So it'll come down to where his primary residence is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will this be the nucleus of the allies team , thoughts

Attachments

• 650E4A95-678C-43E7-AC63-9F815E4FA7DB.jpeg
    650E4A95-678C-43E7-AC63-9F815E4FA7DB.jpeg
    353 KB · Views: 164
Will this be the nucleus of the allies team , thoughts
I think it will to a degree.
However, some players missed several games, and as this team is based on who was nominated the most over the 5 games, may be skewed.
There are 3 players on the list who aren't even playing for the Allies.
AND I don't think this team takes into consideration player sizes and who they will be playing nor which combinations work best.
ie. Left/right footers, heights, bulls in the middle rather than simple stat gatherers, speed, tanks, weights etc.
I guess the old adage "a champion team will beat a team of champions".
So I'm expecting players to have specific roles, and as such, the team will probably involve several players who are currently flying under the radar.

I think it will to a degree.
However, some players missed several games, and as this team is based on who was nominated the most over the 5 games, may be skewed.
There are 3 players on the list who aren't even playing for the Allies.
AND I don't think this team takes into consideration player sizes and who they will be playing nor which combinations work best.
ie. Left/right footers, heights, bulls in the middle rather than simple stat gatherers, speed, tanks, weights etc.
I guess the old adage "a champion team will beat a team of champions".
So I'm expecting players to have specific roles, and as such, the team will probably involve several players who are currently flying under the radar.
Corey Joyce was very unlucky to miss out on Allies

Corey Joyce was very unlucky to miss out on Allies
I bet, as were Watling and Dol.
I just think that there must have been similar type players who ticked all the boxes as well, and there must have been a need for some specific role/type players.
Im not sure of Joyce, but Dol and Watling are light framed.
Pretty sure a few bigger bodies were required.
Joyce a big guy?

I bet, as were Watling and Dol.
I just think that there must have been similar type players who ticked all the boxes as well, and there must have been a need for some specific role/type players.
Im not sure of Joyce, but Dol and Watling are light framed.
Pretty sure a few bigger bodies were required.
Joyce a big guy?
No , you probably make a good point re size. Saw Qld play SA a couple of years ago in under 16s and the SA kids were huge then. One of them would easily passed for an 18 yr old

That’s amazing considering the pull of rugby league in that state and other factors that could have pulled them away from the game
OR it's a good indication that the academies are run professionally and are doing their jobs well.... giving talented Northern kids a pathway they would never have taken without them.
Eddie... that's the entire point!

My two draft bolters before rep footy well real rep ha
De koning must be going up in the scounts board each week.. reckon the hawks would be all over him if a weak tall draft..

Louis butler smooth off hb and racks up stats. Reckon these two will bolt up mock drafts

OR it's a good indication that the academies are run professionally and are doing their jobs well.... giving talented Northern kids a pathway they would never have taken without them.
Eddie... that's the entire point!
I hope Ellem can kick a few as the Allies look a little short on firepower with Tozer and Dakin injured. Delahunty and Gore are the only proven goal kickers and they have probably never played in Tassie (1st match) before. Ryan or Conroy May have to play forward or they could choose that underage kid from Tassie

Last edited:
I hope E

I hope Ellem can kick a few as the Allies look a little short on firepower with Tozer and Dakin injured. Delahunty and Gore are the only proven goal kickers and they have probably never played in Tassie (1st match) before. Ryan or Conroy May have to play forward or they could choose that underage kid from Tassie
Probably push Green forward too.
Good kick, and tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back