List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

What are people’s thoughts on Josh Smith? Could be a decent late pick or rookie, would need a bit of time to develop into a decent key forward but seems like a good size already. Kicked 4 goals in the opening game for Vic Country from memory.

Hope nobody bids on Pickett before our picks....
Yea I like to pick up Pickett . I think I’ve heard his dad is Kevin Kropinyeri the comedian . I know his mother is Byron’s sister.
He’s got the X factor and I’d like to think he’d at least be a better Jake Neade , he’s got a real leap on him for a little guy .

Taheny has played some good senior footy.

Theres something holding me back about him. Half of me thinks hes the 2nd coming of Troy Menzel, the other half really rates him.

I’d be keen on Williams with 18. I rate Taheny higher, but Williams has a much higher ceiling imo. Hes become the forgotten player this year, after starting the year right in the #1 mix.
To be honest, I'd be fine drafting both. But I also like daydreaming about potential, so I always have a soft spot for the poor senior year sliders.

That's why I like Parker as a recruiter, he definitely doesn't forget about under 16s form and onwards.

What are people’s thoughts on Josh Smith? Could be a decent late pick or rookie, would need a bit of time to develop into a decent key forward but seems like a good size already. Kicked 4 goals in the opening game for Vic Country from memory.

Can't see him getting drafted personally

So during trade week Cripps said there's a top 7 or 8 then pretty even to 20. He must have thought the top 7 or 8 were universally accepted because we then downgraded 10 to 12 just to help St Kilda nab Hill. This indicates we thought there was little chance in one of the top 7 or 8 sliding. So who are the top 7 or 8?

1. Rowell
2. Anderson
3. Ash
4. Young
5. Green
6. Kemp
7. Serong
8. Flanders?

Who are the next 12?

D.Stephens- Gould- Worrell- McAsey- Henry- Weightman- Maginness- Bianco- Jackson- Sharp- Robertson- Bergman?

Is the next rung....

Day- Jones- De Koning- Mead- Rivers- Then- Williams- Schoenberg- C.Stephens- Taylor- Pickett

So during trade week Cripps said there's a top 7 or 8 then pretty even to 20. He must have thought the top 7 or 8 were universally accepted because we then downgraded 10 to 12 just to help St Kilda nab Hill. This indicates we thought there was little chance in one of the top 7 or 8 sliding. So who are the top 7 or 8?

1. Rowell
2. Anderson
3. Ash
4. Young
5. Green
6. Kemp
7. Serong
8. Flanders?

Who are the next 12?

D.Stephens- Gould- Worrell- McAsey- Henry- Weightman- Maginness- Bianco- Jackson- Sharp- Robertson- Bergman?

Is the next rung....

Day- Jones- De Koning- Mead- Rivers- Then- Williams- Schoenberg- C.Stephens- Taylor- Pickett
Or he was exaggerating as St Kilda were happy to give up 6 as they didn't think Hill was that good and neither was pick 6 in the draft.

1. Rowell
2. Anderson
3. Ash
4. Young
5. Green
6. Kemp
7. Serong
8. Flanders?

Who are the next 12?

Is the next rung....

Cal Twomey's first crack at who we will target with pick 12

The Power could have access to the best key position player with their opening selection. Fischer McAsey shapes as the leading swingman in this pool, and clubs see him differently where he does things best – he can intercept in the back half and crunch packs in the front. Port Adelaide lost Dougal Howard during the Trade Period and long-term McAsey would be a big addition.
Around the mark: Dylan Stephens, Brodie Kemp, Josh Worrell

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-19/your-clubs-first-pick-which-young-guns-will-be-in-the-mix

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At 12 we'll take best available. Whether that's Flanders or Ash or Kemp or Stephens or McAsey, we'll wait and see. I reckon it could be McAsey. I'm not 100% sure it will be Stephens. I reckon with Duursma, Amon & Butters the club might think it has enough of his type, knowing Schofield comes in next year as well. I reckon if Ash is there we'll take him.

Gould potentially going later would be nice. I'm not against a McAsey/Gould duo with 12/18. If we go McAsey at 12 then i'd love to see one of Taylor, Williams or Taheny at 18. Then hope that Mead slips beyond 29 as well.

At 12 we'll take best available. Whether that's Flanders or Ash or Kemp or Stephens or McAsey, we'll wait and see. I reckon it could be McAsey. I'm not 100% sure it will be Stephens. I reckon with Duursma, Amon & Butters the club might think it has enough of his type, knowing Schofield comes in next year as well. I reckon if Ash is there we'll take him.

Gould potentially going later would be nice. I'm not against a McAsey/Gould duo with 12/18. If we go McAsey at 12 then i'd love to see one of Taylor, Williams or Taheny at 18. Then hope that Mead slips beyond 29 as well.
I agree, feels like 12 is earmarked for McAsey. After the talk that last year we thought long and hard about Ben King at 5 because we wanted a tall (before deciding that Rozee was too good to be true) and then turfing Dougs while downgrading pick 10. I like McAsey’s marking a lot. Hoping and praying he has an Aaron Naughton like impact.

Gould at 18 would be fantastic and even makes trading Howard slightly more palatable. Smart for the rebuild as it would pave the way to shopping around Hartlett and/or Jonas in 12 months time.

Probably a decent chance one of Taylor/Tahney/Williams lasts to 29. I could get behind Pickett at this pick too. Forwards with pace and good over head.

Pick 12: The Power could have access to the best key position player with their opening selection. Fischer McAsey shapes as the leading swingman in this pool, and clubs see him differently where he does things best – he can intercept in the back half and crunch packs in the front. Port Adelaide lost Dougal Howard during the Trade Period and long-term McAsey would be a big addition.

Around the mark: Dylan Stephens, Brodie Kemp, Josh Worrell

Pegging Stephens as an outside only player when he racks up an insane amount of clearances when he plays against his own age group when weighing as much as wet paper is shortsighted though

Give him a few years and he’s going to be everything. Running numbers are freakish. He’s a machine. Great inside. Good skills.

I’m very comfortable that Rozee drew Stephens duursma butters has enough ball winners in that group. Can also add another inside guy to that but Stephens should be our priority.

I agree, feels like 12 is earmarked for McAsey. After the talk that last year we thought long and hard about Ben King at 5 because we wanted a tall (before deciding that Rozee was too good to be true) and then turfing Dougs while downgrading pick 10. I like McAsey’s marking a lot. Hoping and praying he has an Aaron Naughton like impact.

Gould at 18 would be fantastic and even makes trading Howard slightly more palatable. Smart for the rebuild as it would pave the way to shopping around Hartlett and/or Jonas in 12 months time.

Probably a decent chance one of Taylor/Tahney/Williams lasts to 29. I could get behind Pickett at this pick too. Forwards with pace and good over head.

This sounds pretty good to me. I'd like to give partington a go with a later pick

Taheny has played some good senior footy.

Theres something holding me back about him. Half of me thinks hes the 2nd coming of Troy Menzel, the other half really rates him.

I’d be keen on Williams with 18. I rate Taheny higher, but Williams has a much higher ceiling imo. Hes become the forgotten player this year, after starting the year right in the #1 mix.
so you hate both halves then?

Pegging Stephens as an outside only player when he racks up an insane amount of clearances when he plays against his own age group when weighing as much as wet paper is shortsighted though

Give him a few years and he’s going to be everything. Running numbers are freakish. He’s a machine. Great inside. Good skills.

I’m very comfortable that Rozee drew Stephens duursma butters has enough ball winners in that group. Can also add another inside guy to that but Stephens should be our priority.

agree. I think stephens would be complimentary to what Port have already drafted. As you said, he gets his own ball and is not just a pure outside runner. He could be that true inside/outside type that we have been crying out for. i just want more players that can kick a drop punt without there being a 50% chance of it becoming a helicopter...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back