Player Watch Ronin O'Connor - Delisted

What’s your opinion?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

“Pressure him to retire”?

you can’t be serious. That’s a sure fire way to fracture an already fractured playing group

He played 85% of his career elsewhere and is being considerably overpaid.

It's hardly going to 'fracture the playing group' lmao.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thommo also had pretty good tackle numbers too. It's the run down tackles/pressure acts thats missing from Brads game ATM another full pre season should help him though.
He's one of our best mids at running defensively. Go to the gane and folllow him closely.

B. Crouch not having a defensive bone in his body is what makes the difference. Ditto his brother.

Hopefully this will change now that Campo is no longer in charge of our mids.

B Crouch is an awesome tackler and gets to opponents quickly as well. He may not spread hard defensively, but he’s awesome in the stoppage.

B Crouch is an awesome tackler and gets to opponents quickly as well. He may not spread hard defensively, but he’s awesome in the stoppage.
Not too bad at the fend off either as Dustin Martin found out last season when Brad gave him a dose of his own medicine.

Mate, he pulled 62 Brownlow votes in his career. He wasn't a s**t player, just a s**t bloke.
Had a very good midfield group around him, and was a limited player. But what he could do, he did pretty damn well for a long time.

That lack of defensive spread is why we cough up so many, unpressured forward 50 entries though. The opposition sprints forward with our blokes jogging behind.

That lack of defensive spread is why we cough up so many, unpressured forward 50 entries though. The opposition sprints forward with our blokes jogging behind.
Every midfield has a free runner who effectively cheats ahead of the contest, Brad is ours and quite often it works.

Our issue is the statue like nature of our other mids and that includes Sloane. Great player is Rory, but he's not quick. It's why we so desperately need Jones and Co to come on.

Every midfield has a free runner who effectively cheats ahead of the contest, Brad is ours and quite often it works.

Our issue is the statue like nature of our other mids and that includes Sloane. Great player is Rory, but he's not quick. It's why we so desperately need Jones and Co to come on.

Yep, we can't just go with the Sloane and Crouch x2 set up all year.

I assume we'll keep rolling with Smith either in the middle or on the wing.

Jones looks a real natural in close.

Hoping Neddy and Fog get to rotate through there on occasions.

Keays looks a chance to add to the rotations replacing Greenwood/CEY.

I like Milera more in a time and space role but he'll probably roll through there too.

It’s not just the midfield, when opposition have no pressure coming out of our forward 50 and can run and handball with superior numbers, our mids have no hope and look awfully out of position.

It’s not just the midfield, when opposition have no pressure coming out of our forward 50 and can run and handball with superior numbers, our mids have no hope and look awfully out of position.
Apparently we're third worst in the comp for goals resulting from turnovers in the forward 50 as well. Forward pressure is a big issue for us.

I have high hopes for Ronin. Stood out in the u23 match against the Power earlier in the year with his tackling. He'd be someone I wish we'd try fast track. If he's stronger than Knight already then he should be more than fine enough to have a cameo appearance in the middle at some stage this year.

I have high hopes for Ronin. Stood out in the u23 match against the Power earlier in the year with his tackling. He'd be someone I wish we'd try fast track. If he's stronger than Knight already then he should be more than fine enough to have a cameo appearance in the middle at some stage this year.

I'm really interested in seeing how this kid progresses over the next 2 years. Seems to have the kind of frame that could hold 90kg+ of muscle on it no problem.

From those clips he seems to be a smooth mover athletically as well. Could be one of those sneaky back of the draft picks that comes good!

Back