List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cody Weightman Would wanna be the new Milney to be taken that high for a predominantly small forward. How the hell does that sort of information become available if true, now Weightman is well and truly on the radar, plus Tom Browne said Melbourne were keen also on him as high as 4 when they actually have pick 2 as it stands, Tom Browne is hopeless on a side note. Carlton wanted Stocker pretty badly in last years draft but they didnt let the whole world know until the opportunity came up on draft night. Surely you can strike something with another club with live trading of picks if hes still available after 15. But then the club will need to be careful in their moves so we are still well placed to land Bing next year.

Im gonna start having Liam Sumner nightmares if we take Weightman at 5. Cody has sky rocketed into top 5 calculations thanks to Tom Browne lol

Cody Weightman Would wanna be the new Milney to be taken that high for a predominantly small forward. How the hell does that sort of information become available if true, now Weightman is well and truly on the radar, plus Tom Browne said Melbourne were keen also on him as high as 4 when they actually have pick 2 as it stands, Tom Browne is hopeless on a side note. Carlton wanted Stocker pretty badly in last years draft but they didnt let the whole world know until the opportunity came up on draft night. Surely you can strike something with another club with live trading of picks if hes still available after 15. But then the club will need to be careful in their moves so we are still well placed to land Bing next year.

Im gonna start having Liam Sumner nightmares if we take Weightman at 5. Cody has sky rocketed into top 5 calculations thanks to Tom Browne lol

he actually looks alright but a top 10 pick for a small forward is crazy. His training standards are obviously pushing him up.

My son plays soccer between Caulfield and the peninsula, Bayside often have teams where there is nothing but white kids. Narree Warren plays and they are like the United Nations.
Just because they’re white doesn’t mean they’re dinky di Aussies and not eligible to be NGAs 😉

With all due respect Gringo, i dont think most people would think of Dandy as a true blue ozzie area. I would say they are probably in the minority around the greater dandenong area

The City of Greater Dandenong has the most ethnic diversity of any council area in the country, with over 140 ethnicities and countries represented amongst its ratepayers and citizens. Somalis, Sudanese and those from the Horn of Africa, already being overtaken by refugees from the Middle East and the Central Asian "Stans".

Come over to the Dandenong Market or take a stroll down the main drag. It would have to be the least "white" place in the country. Imagine if we could indoctrinate the newcomers in the ways of the saints! The Africans in particular look athletic and well suited to our game. Basketball is the main threat where they are converned, while the western Asians and Middle Eastern types are into their soccer. Come on saints, hop to it!

If we end up hanging onto pick # 5 and go to the draft, I will take a fair guess that Dylan Stephens Norwood SA will be our target.

Lightly built but has been playing SANFL for 1/2 the season on a wing, averaging 18 possessions. Played well through the midfield in the champs picking up big numbers, is a smooth mover and has great evasive and kicking skills.

I was stationed at Dandenong three times at three different ranks. The first time. early-mid 60s, the migrant population were Dutch and White Russians. Much the same the second time there. The last time in the early 80s, all of Europe was represented plus some Asians. But I was going there from Springvale, so Dandy seemed quite Aussie by comparison. I havent been to Dandenong for 30 years, have no reason to go there anymore.

If we end up hanging onto pick # 5 and go to the draft, I will take a fair guess that Dylan Stephens Norwood SA will be our target.

Lightly built but has been playing SANFL for 1/2 the season on a wing, averaging 18 possessions. Played well through the midfield in the champs picking up big numbers, is a smooth mover and has great evasive and kicking skills.
Reckon ash/serong have him well covered. Ash as documented is as sure thing for an absolute jet as anyone this year. Serong just continues to post numbers and is explosive (rated highly by recruiters some have him top3) Stephens will go around 10-15

Maybe it's a double bluff?

The club leak that info in the hope that another team (Melbourne) blink and take him higher up.

This lets a guy like Flanders then fall an extra spot.

2nd theory - Recruitment team gave a different name for our pick to each of half a dozen different people inside the club. Now that the name Weightman has hit the media our recruitment team know where the leak is and who to keep the plans away from.

He or Flanders are the ones I like for that pick.

I don't think we will have it though. Will be used for Hill or Bing.

I don't think we actually got Dandenong though. I think we have Frankston local government area and inner south. I think our border is greater Dandenong. My son plays soccer between Caulfield and the peninsula, Bayside often have teams where there is nothing but white kids. Narree Warren plays and they are like the United Nations.
That’s exactly how it is in the football as well and the schools at least the ones my kids went to.

St Kilda city has quite a few kids in the under 19s who would qualify but when I look at the transfers their all from out Dandenong way.

Kemp, is he more likely to be Bont, Patraca or other?
He'll be cheap regardless. Well worth a go given our time line.

Peeps here be hesitant to take another injury case, but he seems a good fit for our needs and we have to take some calculated risks, so I'm thinking if we have a pick in the teens and he's still there, then go for it.

He'll be cheap regardless. Well worth a go given our time line.

Peeps here be hesitant to take another injury case, but he seems a good fit for our needs and we have to take some calculated risks, so I'm thinking if we have a pick in the teens and he's still there, then go for it.

There's talk he still goes top 7. If we have a teens pick and he is still there, you just take him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ll have more players in the rehab group than on the field. He’s never really shown the ability to be the ball winning mid we desperately need so it’s not even really worth the risk.

We’ll have more players in the rehab group than on the field. He’s never really shown the ability to be the ball winning mid we desperately need so it’s not even really worth the risk.

He looks good but considering we seem to have had our last 3 injured players make a total of 5 AFL games so far and one a few VFL games, while the fans are desperate for some signs of progression, it would be insane misreading of the public sentiment.

He looks good but considering we seem to have had our last 3 injured players make a total of 5 AFL games so far and one a few VFL games, while the fans are desperate for some signs of progression, it would be insane misreading of the public sentiment.
Gringo, taking Kemp’s injury out of it, who are you taking at 5?
Ash?
Kemp?
Other?

Gringo, taking Kemp’s injury out of it, who are you taking at 5?
Ash?
Kemp?
Other?

Ash. His pace and line breaking are a weapon. I like Robertson but he's probably a bit high at 5. I think Anderson and Rowell are the obvious one and two, then Greene might get bid on at 3 then a bit of a pick for needs, Young could be good for the Dees as an architect to clean up their ball use, Strong I went off a bit but he's still good for a top 10 spot. Kemp really could be anything but too risky for us.

Ash. His pace and line breaking are a weapon. I like Robertson but he's probably a bit high at 5. I think Anderson and Rowell are the obvious one and two, then Greene might get bid on at 3 then a bit of a pick for needs, Young could be good for the Dees as an architect to clean up their ball use, Strong I went off a bit but he's still good for a top 10 spot. Kemp really could be anything but too risky for us.
Yeah, I’m worried Kemp ends up more Patraca then Bont. I don’t like that he plays on all three lines, but doesn’t seem to have a taken a place I. The midfield. (This is from what I’ve read, so I might be out of line). Maybe he would have if he didn’t get injured...?

Ash and Coff off half back could be an impressive combo.

I’m really attached to Dylan Williams. Some had him in the top 5 before before he stunk it up this year. Sounds like he has been playing sore and will go late first round.

Yeah, I’m worried Kemp ends up more Patraca then Bont. I don’t like that he plays on all three lines, but doesn’t seem to have a taken a place I. The midfield. (This is from what I’ve read, so I might be out of line). Maybe he would have if he didn’t get injured...?

I’m really attached to Dylan Williams. Some had him in the top 5 before before he stunk it up this year. Sounds like he has been playing sore and will go late first round.

Ash moved to mids and done well. I think he could be a speedy mid/wing as much as a running back. If he did play back he'd be a Shaw or JJ type.

Ash moved to mids and done well. I think he could be a speedy mid/wing as much as a running back. If he did play back he'd be a Shaw or JJ type.
Yeah, I see him as a HB who rotates onto the wing similar to Coff.
Best case IMO would be he ends up like Whitfield now that he plays off HB.

Do you think Ash will have the contested game to play on ball?

Yeah, I see him as a HB who rotates onto the wing similar to Coff.
Best case IMO would be he ends up like Whitfield now that he plays off HB.

Do you think Ash will have the contested game to play on ball?

He gets more than a third of his disposals contested, they have it wrong in this article.

Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country | General Defender
21/06/2001 | 186cm | 80kg

Along with Young, Ash is the other standout Country prospect in defence. The Murray Bushrangers runner has few flaws to his game, owning the defensive 50 with a massive amount of intercept marks and rebounds, while slicing up opposition zones with his elite kicking ability. He is a player that just catches the eye, gets himself into the right positions, and can set up teammates around the ground or in attack. He has hardly put a foot wrong this season, and while his performance on the MCG had its ups and downs, his NAB League form is not to be questioned. The noticeable advantage with Ash compared to a lot of half-backs is he can win his own ball, and while he might only win a third of his possessions in a contest, he is comparably low with handball receives, almost winning more touches from marking than from handballs. If he and Young both play off half-back at the National Under 18 Championships, expect Country to have plenty of run and penetration.
August Ranking: #4
Last month: Finished his competitive season with a best-on performance for Murray in the Bushrangers’ loss to Dandenong in Wildcard Round. The co-captain was massive around the ground with his drive and elite skills and decision making. He took four marks, laid six tackles and got it down at both ends with six rebounds and five inside 50s. He now returns to play with Shepparton in his home club’s finals series.

If we want a contested ball winner with big accumulation we should get Robertson, he does it all. Rory Sloan type.

He was played as a full time mid in his tac cup games and dominated as a contested ball winning bull with explosive pace. Played as a midfielder in one of the country games and picked up 26 and a goal, he’s more than shown he will end up being a midfielder. Unlike coff he loves a hard/contested ball and getting his arms free and dishing off. Try watch some of his highlights. I really wanted him pre injury but not sure we can take the risk now because of our history and the other good picks around our Mark. I’m more than stoked if we pick him too. Huge upside

Remove this Banner Ad

Back