Opinion 2019 Draft Time Capsule (Open)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
TerryWallet HARKER (Same as last year)

With all the mock drafts doing the rounds, how about we try something different. Pick 5 players that you believe will be considered top 10 in years to come. With your 5th pick, try and select a smokey as such, someone that is not considered a 1st rounder at this stage.

I will kick it off with the following

Lukosius
Smith
B. King
Blakey

Smokey (Sparrow)

Thanks Arr0w

Top 5? O.K.
Confident with;

1. Walsh
2. Lukosius
3. Max King

4. Blakey

5. McLennan. My smokey and the reason why is that I saw a combination of Laird and Docherty in him. Not flashy and not a mid, but just made things happen.

Would love to have Rozee, Rankine and one or two others involved, but these are the guys I feel have the best chance in making the biggest strides

Lukosius
M.King
Smith
Stocker

Hamill

Last year:
  • LDU
  • Cerra
  • Bonar
  • D.Fogarty
  • Patmore
LDU had back issues, Cerra and Fogarty jumped straight in, though the latter still needs to work on his tank.

Bonar worked his way into the GWS 22 nicely, and Patmore is set to get a proper senior shot this year after playing some weird roles in the SANFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's every bit as big a smokey as McHenry, Mclennan, Sparrow, Taylor, Briggs and Stack who have all been mentioned.

Buggered if i know why but he seems in the 20's to 40 bracket with the above lot and behind most.

Shrugs

You know what it is like Terry, unless they see a kid dominating/contributing straight away, they don't rate them

I easily see him as a 1st round prospect

Walsh
Clark
Smith
Rankine

Smokey Tyron Smallwood (or if I can use him as he is not 18 Sam Fisher) Although they both probably won’t get drafted, hence Smokey’s

Last edited:
This is the most "bustproof" draft I can remember. So many quality players through the first couple of rounds, and there are only
a couple I see the slightest risk with, so listing would be rather pointless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back