Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year there seems to be a draft Slider who falls down the list for whatever reason that turns out to be a bargain pick up with a later pick.

Who could this years slider be?

I'm still not sure I believe the MFC/GWS Jackson hype.

Remember how close Twomey got it in 2017:

If Jackson and McAsey are both available. Who are you taking?

I'd probably go McAsey and do everything to get Thilthorpe next year.

1 GC Rowell
2 GC Anderson
3 MFC Young
4 GWS Ash
5 GWS Green [matching]
6 SYD Flanders
7 ADL _______

Every year there seems to be a draft Slider who falls down the list for whatever reason that turns out to be a bargain pick up with a later pick.

Definitely Gould.
We could use 22@23 for DeKoning and Gould
Our defence would be sorted.

Stephens and Shoenberg gives us speed and class

Are these the weakest KPP set ups in modern time to play in a GF

Collingwood 2018 Langdon, Goldsack, Mihocek, Cox
WB 2016 Hamling, Morris, Cordy, Boyd

Adelaide Future De Koning , Himmelberg, Fogarty, Tilthorpe could compare very favourably

And still have potential in Butts, Frampton, Borlase,

Good game plan and gun midfielders make it to a GF
This draft and our picks gives us the opportunity to build a deep midfield for a decade

How far do you deem a slider? I'd argue Serong has already slide from #3 for most of the year out to 8-10 now.
Gould too.

If you're talking a slider on draft night, I think maybe Worrell.

How far do you deem a slider? I'd argue Serong has already slide from #3 for most of the year out to 8-10 now.
Gould too.

If you're talking a slider on draft night, I think maybe Worrell.

Would say at least 10 spots from where they were expected to go.

Yeah Reckon Gould slides, would also say Elijah Taylor could slide and I reckon Cameron Taheny could be a slider as well.

Might be able to pick up a few bargains at 37 and 45.

I've got two lines of thought with who I want on draft night depending on who we take at 6, I'll throw them both out there.

Option A:
6: McAsey
22: C. Stephens
23: Day
37: Dow/M. ONeill
45: Georgiades/Comben

Option B:
6: Flanders
22: Day
23: DeKonning
37: M. O'Neill/Dow
45: Comben/Georgiades

I had a look at Knighmare's top 20 from April a lot happens in a season

5. Williams (injury)
6. Kemp (injury)
8. Taheny (injury)
10. O'Neil (injury)
11. Sharp
12. Gould
14. Byrnes
15. Dow
20. Dean

The main risers

19. Jackson
16. Young
15. Robertson
13. Ash
NR. McAsey
NR. Weightman

Actually it could work because of the traits he does have. He is quick and a good mark. Kicking, like all of our forwards is so-so. Could work. The only problem, it leaves us relying on the Berg to make the transition to CHB. That's not a given.
Actually , there is no need for it as we have plenty of tall forwards and it is just a silly thought as are your comments .

Not sure of your motive to play devils advocate but if that is your response you need to put your cue in the rack as well .

"Kicking, like all of our forwards is so-so "

Fogarty is one of the best set shots i have seen for a while ... Tex and Lynch are generally above average although the Texan has shanked a few over the last 2 seasons before rediscovering his radar in the second half of 19 . Then we have Frampton yeah or would you rather Hartigan forward than Frampton ??
That makes sense .

Hartigan is quick over 20 metres in a straight line , but his agility is well below average and that says nothing about his ability to accelerate from a defender or create space within the forward setup with leading patterns etc . His marking is decent when he is playing behind the ball using his body and judgement at a decent level it is a completely different ball game hitting it at full pace with better defenders than him denying it .
In fact , the one role he could possibly play forward is the same one that Fogarty has locked up ... hmmm , no thanks !!

The only problem, it leaves us relying on the Berg to make the transition to CHB. That's not a given.

It is not a problem because it is not true ... we could try EH down back and we still have no need for Hartigan to play forward unless we have dual injuries to key forwards and even then you would most likely just move Himmelberg forward and Hartigan back again if he was need for the matchup .
We could still play Talia , Doedee and give Butts a few games and have no need for Hartigan forward or back .
Hartigan is match up specific defender and very good FB depth .

If Nicks put Hartigan forward this board would melt so let's not be stupid .
[/QUOTE]

Wow this board amazes me in how people place players in a certain position and that's it. All the original poster did was make a suggestion. I thought about it and decided it may work if it was needed. Hartigan as far as I know has always played back.
To just dismiss it the way you did is wrong. Old coach of mine was always trying us in different positions, trying to see if we improved anywhere. A couple of blokes really lifted their games because of that. (Not me , I was still useless).
I want us to be a flexible side again, we have become stagnant over the last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got two lines of thought with who I want on draft night depending on who we take at 6, I'll throw them both out there.

Option A:
6: McAsey
22: C. Stephens
23: Day
37: Dow/M. ONeill
45: Georgiades/Comben

Option B:
6: Flanders
22: Day
23: DeKonning
37: M. O'Neill/Dow
45: Comben/Georgiades
Would be very happy with either hand.

Imo Day will be gone by 22, in which case I'd be taking Gould.

Actually , there is no need for it as we have plenty of tall forwards and it is just a silly thought as are your comments .

Not sure of your motive to play devils advocate but if that is your response you need to put your cue in the rack as well .

"Kicking, like all of our forwards is so-so "

Fogarty is one of the best set shots i have seen for a while ... Tex and Lynch are generally above average although the Texan has shanked a few over the last 2 seasons before rediscovering his radar in the second half of 19 . Then we have Frampton yeah or would you rather Hartigan forward than Frampton ??
That makes sense .

Hartigan is quick over 20 metres in a straight line , but his agility is well below average and that says nothing about his ability to accelerate from a defender or create space within the forward setup with leading patterns etc . His marking is decent when he is playing behind the ball using his body and judgement at a decent level it is a completely different ball game hitting it at full pace with better defenders than him denying it .
In fact , the one role he could possibly play forward is the same one that Fogarty has locked up ... hmmm , no thanks !!

The only problem, it leaves us relying on the Berg to make the transition to CHB. That's not a given.

It is not a problem because it is not true ... we could try EH down back and we still have no need for Hartigan to play forward unless we have dual injuries to key forwards and even then you would most likely just move Himmelberg forward and Hartigan back again if he was need for the matchup .
We could still play Talia , Doedee and give Butts a few games and have no need for Hartigan forward or back .
Hartigan is match up specific defender and very good FB depth .

If Nicks put Hartigan forward this board would melt so let's not be stupid .

In the old days, if things weren't going well, you swapped your centre half forward with your centre half back at half time

I want Dylan Stephens with 6 and Gould and De Koning with 22 and 23 (or whatever they end up being after bids).

I can’t get my head around overlooking Stephens who is exactly what we need, and the Gould/De Koning combo locks in our defence for the next decade.

We can go for mids again with our later picks and next year.

I want Dylan Stephens with 6 and Gould and De Koning with 22 and 23 (or whatever they end up being after bids).

I can’t get my head around overlooking Stephens who is exactly what we need, and the Gould/De Koning combo locks in our defence for the next decade.

We can go for mids again with our later picks and next year.
Not a bad way to look at it, considering we look like we want to move Milera and Smith through the middle. We've still got the Crouches and Sloane, plus Jones, Neddy, Wilson and Poholke will most likely get decent time in the middle...... well perhaps not Pat.

If we really do want legspeed though, we won't just pick Stephens.

It'll be a fun couple of nights.

Stephens, Shoenberg, DeKoning and Gould would improve our team a lot.

Would still somehow like to get Pickett or Day but I doubt it
I reckon one of those 2 are going to be available.

Like the others though, fair bit of balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back