Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they keep getting given top 5 players, we will never catch up.

If it was GC, no problem. Part of closing the gap has to be bringing them back to the pack too.

what are we going to get with pick 15+ in 2020? Just another B grader. Meanwhile we gift them Flanders or
Ash to go with Green.

IMO, we need more than 6 and their 2020 first rounder for the trade to be anything like even.

GC should bid on Green with pick 1. GWS will match and the whole competition bar GWS would benefit.

1. Just because a pick is top 5 doesnt mean they will be an A grader. Morabito, Trengrove, Swallow, Day, Buntine, Plowman, Toumpas, Boyd

2. Just because a player is taken in the 15-25 range doesnt automatically make them a B grader... Fyfe, Isaac Smith, Darling, Ross, Brodie Grundy, Mrouch, Z Merrett. Jeez we have selected some amazing players in the 30 plus range over the years.

3. Just because you draft talent doesnt mean you can keep it. There is a salary cap which is a large part of the reason why Lobb, Smith, Settersfield, Shiel and more have left. This will continue to pick at their talent, and players will move for cash.

Im hoping you guys and Melbourne dont trade with GWS.. and dont bid on Green.
The results for the swans could be..
We (The Swans) trade p5 for p6 + p40 + future 1st
We still get the same player at p6 as we would at p5
We trade up p32 + p40 for Freos p22 (They'll want the points)
We gain an extra 2020 1st rounder
and we all watch GWS match the bid for Green and use up all of their 2019 and 2020 picks to do so

I don't see under any circumstance where adel would neither bid on green or not trade pick 4...

Why would we give you the free first rounder when we could take it, and drop 2 draft spots.

GWS have way too much talent to capitulate. Of course you’ve got to assess how much you strengthen sides when trading, you are in competition with them.

It won’t be a top 20 pick, next years draft is too compromised and that pick could get eaten up in points for Edwards so what have we gained?

You could safely assume most clubs would be expecting us to be bottom 6 next year, and GWS top 6 at least.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

1. Just because a pick is top 5 doesnt mean they will be an A grader. Morabito, Trengrove, Swallow, Day, Buntine, Plowman, Toumpas, Boyd

2. Just because a player is taken in the 15-25 range doesnt automatically make them a B grader... Fyfe, Isaac Smith, Darling, Ross, Brodie Grundy, Mrouch, Z Merrett. Jeez we have selected some amazing players in the 30 plus range over the years.

3. Just because you draft talent doesnt mean you can keep it. There is a salary cap which is a large part of the reason why Lobb, Smith, Settersfield, Shiel and more have left. This will continue to pick at their talent, and players will move for cash.
Chances are very likely though that GWS come out of that trade the big winner. It’s logical to assume the chance of getting the better player comes with the higher pick. That’s the whole reason there is a reverse finishing draft order in the first place.

I don’t even think it should get to us. If GC don’t, then Melbourne should bid on Green unless they get a gold mine offer for their pick from GWS.

Chances are very likely though that GWS come out of that trade the big winner. It’s logical to assume the chance of getting the better player comes with the higher pick. That’s the whole reason there is a reverse finishing draft order in the first place.

I don’t even think it should get to us. If GC don’t, then Melbourne should bid on Green unless they get a gold mine offer for their pick from GWS.
GWS don't have a gold mind. I hope Melb do bid on him at 3

And we’ve given GWS a massive helping hand.
The pick won’t be 15 next year, it will be over 20 with all academy picks plus it could get eaten up in Edwards pick.
That pick next year could be the extra needed with our 1st to trade for lukosius. Without it maybe port are able to scrabble together a more attractive package to go to GC with (if luko wants out and back to SA and has no particular preference which club he gets to)

Interested in how you see the Green / GWS situation playing out

What I don't get with the GWS trade is why they moved up to 6 with no guarantees they'd get Green there.

Like Cal Twomey said, are they not after Green? Do they want Jackson to be their future ruck? Pick 6 got them in above Freo at 7.

Interested in how you see the Green / GWS situation playing out
I'm flat out projecting where the actual players sit talent wise without trying to work out the strategies of what GWS and the Dees might do. Only thing I'm 99% sure of is if Green is still on the table at our pick and GWS don't match he'll be wearing an Adelaide guernsey in 2020.

What I don't get with the GWS trade is why they moved up to 6 with no guarantees they'd get Green there.

Like Cal Twomey said, are they not after Green? Do they want Jackson to be their future ruck? Pick 6 got them in above Freo at 7.
I honestly think they are passing on green if he gets bid on before 6 and will take jackson given they have no emerging ruck.
If green has no bid they will get jackson and then green (that's not happening)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Melbourne bid on Green, then doesnt GWS jump in (assuming they want Green which I think they definitely do) and trade say their pick 6 and a 2020 1st for Pick 3 with Melbourne?
No gws need to use pick 6 and points from there next pick whatever that is then that pick drops down. Melbourne #3 then changes to #4 and our #4 becomes#5. And so on.

I honestly think they are passing on green if he gets bid on before 6 and will take jackson given they have no emerging ruck.
If green has no bid they will get jackson and then green (that's not happening)
They got briggs last year and iirc have another young ruck on their list. Now with jacobs and mumford these young rucks will get another year or two to develop. I can't see them taking jackson

That pick next year could be the extra needed with our 1st to trade for lukosius. Without it maybe port are able to scrabble together a more attractive package to go to GC with (if luko wants out and back to SA and has no particular preference which club he gets to)

There is nothing that has happened in the last 12 months to suggest Luko is coming back home. He's just like any other young SA kid that was drafted (Gibbs, Day, Aish, Scharenberg, Rankine etc...) and many BF'ers on here assumed would bash the AFC door down to come back "home".

The most likely, and all too familiar, scenario is that Luko will get a massive offer from a Vic club ...and accept.

Insane thing is that even if Carlton had finished last, we still would’ve only had pick 2.
No we wouldn't - we would have had pick 3. There is no way known That Rowell and Anderson weren't going to GC. They would have been given two Priority picks.

There is nothing that has happened in the last 12 months to suggest Luko is coming back home. He's just like any other young SA kid that was drafted (Gibbs, Day, Aish, Scharenberg, Rankine etc...) and many BF'ers on here assumed would bash the AFC door down to come back "home".

The most likely, and all too familiar, scenario is that Luko will get a massive offer from a Vic club ...and accept.
Of course, the big difference is that the Crows barely wanted ANY of those listed.

Luko is unsigned, has a SA partner, was a Crows supporter (which doesn't mean much) and we've been fixated on him for four or five years. It's different.

Of course, the big difference is that the Crows barely wanted ANY of those listed.

Luko is unsigned, has a SA partner, was a Crows supporter (which doesn't mean much) and we've been fixated on him for four or five years. It's different.
How do you know what we wanted?

No we wouldn't - we would have had pick 3. There is no way known That Rowell and Anderson weren't going to GC. They would have been given two Priority picks.
If blues finished last... afl cant give the team who finished higher then them a priority pick without giving the blues one either.

Yep, you can imagine the Blues not getting one after finishing last again?
If i was the AFL and they asked after coming last again.. i would have compromised and taken away the crows pick from them and given them pick 2..
Altho I think as they should every team would have said and they wanted to swap there first rounder then they lay the the mess they made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back