Injury 2019 Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Gives some room for one of the new guys to step up and see how good they really are. I wouldn't say its all that bad. I'm excited by our new players
but can't see some fitting in while our regular players are holding the spots. Only injuries will let us see how our new players handle the big time.

This won’t be a popular post. JJ is a loss, but not a crucial loss. 1. We seem to have a plethora of Hb clearance types. 2. He is like a set of taps. You get both hot & cold. His best is elite, at his worst he’s a passenger. If one of our young guns can fill the role, whilst obviously not at Jj’s top level, but more consistent, JJ may need to be re-invented mid season. Whilst some criticise the flexibility mantra of Bevo, minimising impact of injuries is a benefit. There are a few obvious catastrophic injuries we could incur, but overall I think we have most covered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JJ (apart from Bont and Macrae) is our biggest possible loss. When he is on, we win. Simple as that. Teams shut him down in 2017 and we were trash.

Sucks, but these things happen. Here's hoping it isn't a major injury.

I am hearing really loud jungle drums that Picko and Boyd will not play again.
If that's true, it really sucks that we wouldn't receive any compensation for losing him. Spend our captain and pick 6 on the guy, he averages around 50% of possible games played, million bucks a year, and we may end up losing him.

For his sake, if his mental health is still a massive issue, then by all means he should retire and focus on getting himself good.

For the club's sake, we just made an enormous investment in an individual and got so little out of it. I guess we could argue that GF performance was God-like, but one game does not define a player and I still wonder whether the overall contract was worth it :(

If that's true, it really sucks that we wouldn't receive any compensation for losing him. Spend our captain and pick 6 on the guy, he averages around 50% of possible games played, million bucks a year, and we may end up losing him.

For his sake, if his mental health is still a massive issue, then by all means he should retire and focus on getting himself good.

For the club's sake, we just made an enormous investment in an individual and got so little out of it. I guess we could argue that GF performance was God-like, but one game does not define a player and I still wonder whether the overall contract was worth it :(
Compensation?! I think him delivering a flag will do. Not sure how you can say we "got so little out of it". If it wasn't partly for his heroics we'd still be in major debt and suffering like St kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back