List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't want to dampen the mood but what does this mean for Tomlinson, Bonar, Shaw, Buntine etc. ?
Would think:
Patton - trade
Tomlinson - trade given relatively fair FA compo (want to keep him personally because he is an original and is good mates with kenners and probably the others, seems to be a quality character given his work with westmead and the community, good runner and straight goal kicker but unfortunately clumsy, slow with hands and often a subpar decision maker)
Bonar - trade
Shaw - 1 year contract
Buntine - rookie contract

Looks like were in a good position to move up the draft order and getting a pick in before matching Green.

St Kilda is understood to have already discussed with Greater Western Sydney the prospect of using their pick five (which could become six) as the basis of a deal that would land them their two picks that are 11 and 13 heading into finals while AFL Media reported that Melbourne is hoping to split their first pick too.

Looks like were in a good position to move up the draft order and getting a pick in before matching Green.
Thoughts on Sydney making a bid for Green given they hold the pick before the Saints? We would be trading out potentially pick 11 and 13 (2541 points) for pick 5 (1878 points). Would be great to grab an Ash/Young with that pick but it would be poor if Sydney forces our hand with Green. Not sure about this one, pretty risky. May be safer to enquire with Melbourne and Adelaide pending how they value their top pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Sydney making a bid for Green given they hold the pick before the Saints? We would be trading out potentially pick 11 and 13 (2541 points) for pick 5 (1878 points). Would be great to grab an Ash/Young with that pick but it would be poor if Sydney forces our hand. Not sure about this one, pretty risky.
There are rumours that the northern clubs are getting together so they don't do such things and showing a unified front to the southerners.

I guess we will know for sure draft night.

There are rumours that the northern clubs are getting to together so they don't do such things and showing a unified front to the southerners.

I guess we will know for sure draft night.
he will be bid on well before our (current) first, take that to the bank, I see us actively pick trading to ensure we still end up with a 1st rounder

I really wish Gill shut his mouth.

He was clearly just offering an opinion when asked. Now everyone thinks it's a conspiracy.

The melts are hillarous though

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would not of made a difference. They still would of gone the AFL conspiracy stuff.

He said the same thing about Cripps at Carlton but nothing is said. Shows it's just the Melbourne fishbowl garbage.

But this does put a smile on my face

Finally the signature the club and supporters was after arrived and great to have Coniglio locked away for certainly his career and that will make him the clubs next captain and either with the current 2 or 1 of them or even solo I feel he will take his game to another level next year.
I think the remainder of the contracts for this year will be worked out at the end of the season and then also after the trade period when the club has a better idea of picks available and those OOC still and possible outcomes

Sheridan Keep, Rookie list depending on list spots but cheap depth and NEAFL experience I dont see any interest from other clubs
Bonar Trade 2nd rd or an upgrade or linked to a trade for Ceglar
Patton Trade 3rd/4th rd or an upgrade or linked to a trade for Ceglar
Tomlinson FA to the Saints and hopefully a end of 1st rd compo but the contract may only get a rd 2 pick
Buntine Keep, Rookie list depending on list spots but cheap depth and NEAFL experience I dont see any interest from other clubs
Shaw Keep, His experience is important and I expect 10-15 games in 2020 from him

Sproule Keep either upgrade or redraft on the rookie list depending on list spots
Mumford Retire
Stein Keep either upgrade or redraft on the rookie list depending on list spots
D Buckley Delist
J Buckley Delist

Along with Deledio and Simpson retiring that will mean the club has up to 9 list spots available based on the 38-40 main list /4-6 rookie A /3 rookie B with the make up of the 3 categories dependant on player movement between the rookie and main lists

I 100% guarantee the captaincy is tied in

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just fantastic news, was told months ago he would stay and he would have captaincy part of it

Good to know source is good he has been 100% thus far this year on late outs, some NRL stuff too.

Best news about the club now looking forward to some great moves in the trade period to get a ruck in

Thoughts on Sydney making a bid for Green given they hold the pick before the Saints? We would be trading out potentially pick 11 and 13 (2541 points) for pick 5 (1878 points). Would be great to grab an Ash/Young with that pick but it would be poor if Sydney forces our hand with Green. Not sure about this one, pretty risky. May be safer to enquire with Melbourne and Adelaide pending how they value their top pick.
I think you have to try and get the Melbourne pick which they seem keen to trade.

Finally the signature the club and supporters was after arrived and great to have Coniglio locked away for certainly his career and that will make him the clubs next captain and either with the current 2 or 1 of them or even solo I feel he will take his game to another level next year.
I think the remainder of the contracts for this year will be worked out at the end of the season and then also after the trade period when the club has a better idea of picks available and those OOC still and possible outcomes

Sheridan Keep, Rookie list depending on list spots but cheap depth and NEAFL experience I dont see any interest from other clubs
Bonar Trade 2nd rd or an upgrade or linked to a trade for Ceglar
Patton Trade 3rd/4th rd or an upgrade or linked to a trade for Ceglar
Tomlinson FA to the Saints and hopefully a end of 1st rd compo but the contract may only get a rd 2 pick
Buntine Keep, Rookie list depending on list spots but cheap depth and NEAFL experience I dont see any interest from other clubs
Shaw Keep, His experience is important and I expect 10-15 games in 2020 from him

Sproule Keep either upgrade or redraft on the rookie list depending on list spots
Mumford Retire
Stein Keep either upgrade or redraft on the rookie list depending on list spots
D Buckley Delist
J Buckley Delist

Along with Deledio and Simpson retiring that will mean the club has up to 9 list spots available based on the 38-40 main list /4-6 rookie A /3 rookie B with the make up of the 3 categories dependant on player movement between the rookie and main lists

We can’t delist Jack Buckley, he’s the reigning Giants FIFA champion. Have to trim elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back