List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think linking the two trades leads to funny ideas.

We could've done the Jacobs trade with other assets. It was conveniently done with Patton's pick but it didn't have to be.

We did the Jacobs trade to protect the compo, so we gave up a future fourth and pick 60 for Jacobs and pick 40. That makes sense.

The Patton trade was unfortunate but again Hawthorn knows they have us over a barrel on these salary cap dumps, the same as Carlton used to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see us doing a deal with Melbourne particularly if we establish the player we are looking at isn’t one they like.

A 3 place downgrade will still net them a nice player and they can probably screw us over a bit given we need to get in ahead of Sydney, Adelaide or even Essendon ( if the Daniher thing happens).

Getting Melbourne’s pick gives us absolute insurance and now they have the extra pick they can effectively trade 3 back to 6 and possibly get another 1st rounder next year.

It would be very smart trading on their behalf and a necessary function for us which still nets us two top 5 talents.

To me it’s a no brainer to do, if there is the option.

I can see us doing a deal with Melbourne particularly if we establish the player we are looking at isn’t one they like.

A 3 place downgrade will still net them a nice player and they can probably screw us over a bit given we need to get in ahead of Sydney, Adelaide or even Essendon ( if the Daniher thing happens).

Getting Melbourne’s pick gives us absolute insurance and now they have the extra pick they can effectively trade 3 back to 6 and possibly get another 1st rounder next year.

It would be very smart trading on their behalf and a necessary function for us which still nets us two top 5 talents.

To me it’s a no brainer to do, if there is the option.
just reading this, I'll bet that this is almost exactly why they have done the trade with North as the have extra insurance this year and can do the trade happy that they get 2 x top 8 rated players. The front ended PP to GC has really really screwed our club over as dropping from 3 to 4 has wrecked a large amount if not all the bargaining power we had with you guys re Tom Green - as it appears that only the crows and Sydney visited Green to interview him (obviously apart from your club). I think that a deal may not happen tomorrow with Melbourne & GWS, but something will be thrashed out in the coming weeks

Well, if Adelaide were umming and ahhing as to whether to bid on Green, they’ve just picked up a coach who will know all about him and be able to give the inside word on what the kid is like.

why do you not trade with Melb?

Earlier in the week Melbourne came out and said they were not looking to split their pick or go down as they liked the talent at the top end of the draft so any trade looked tricky and frankly it was doubtful they would bid on Green.

This changed today with them getting the North pick 8 and trading out of next year. They also changed their tune a little and indicated they were willing to look at opportunities.

This opens the possibility for us to exchange picks this year and perhaps give them an opportunity to trade back into next year for not a lot of cost. Makes a lot of sense to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back