Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Awesome, very very happy with this.

Someone very special.

I love that in Williams, Finlayson and Hill we have 3 brilliant indigenous lads that all offer a point of difference and have formed a strong bond.

They are so good to watch and all seem to have lovely personalities to match.

Hill is like a bubbly breath of fresh air, so enthusiastic and such a positive person who is clearly loved by the playing group.

If we can get young Caldwell to re-commit we will be very well placed.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Can't get a game behind McEvoy and Ceglar but his stats when he has played aren't too bad for a young ruck under 10 games.
Just looked him up. He is a big lad. 23 yrs old 202 cm and 103 kg

strengths appear to be tap work and contested ball. Weaknesses appear to be mobility

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
With this Willie Rioli development for West Coast the re-signing of Bobby Hill just took on greater significance.

It really looks like he will get a minimum 2 year sanction but most likely 4 which is very unfortunate as it would appear he has panicked and made a terrible mistake. Very sad for him but also for fans as he’s such a magic talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
With this Willie Rioli development for West Coast the re-signing of Bobby Hill just took on greater significance.

It really looks like he will get a minimum 2 year sanction but most likely 4 which is very unfortunate as it would appear he has panicked and made a terrible mistake. Very sad for him but also for fans as he’s such a magic talent.
Spot on. Would’ve been high on their list of targets had the Rioli news broken a day earlier.

Very happy the cards fell our way.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Article in the herald sun linking the Swans Cameron to the Pies, not sure on his chances of much senior game time and again so many articles at this time of the year linking players

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Article in the herald sun linking the Swans Cameron to the Pies, not sure on his chances of much senior game time and again so many articles at this time of the year linking players

why would he want to go to the pies? (unless he has a voodoo doll of Brodie Grundy and a set of pins that we don't know about)

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Not sure why these ruckmen are so keen to play second fiddle...

Preuss and now Cameron.

It’s called having a loser attitude!

On another note and understanding our salary cap is tight but if there is any room I’d love us to have a look at Jack Petruccelle.

He is no champion but he has great leg speed and I reckon with our army of extractors he could be a nice line breaker who could be damaging.

I doubt he would cost much and from memory we liked him in his draft year.

I think he’s out of contract and I think he would be a good fit that is cheap.

Big Stinky Monk

All Australian
Aug 26, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS

I like it. I know some on here have been critical about taking on a 31 year old and questioning how much he still has left in him.
But our club has been a success because we have had a big focus on ensuring our recruits are quality clubmen and add to the strong culture that will ultimately ensure that we are a club where players want to be. I remember a few years back when (I think it was Sam's brother) that passed away - I remember seeing his interviews and being impressed by the way he still insisted on playing and puting everything else aside for his teammates. His character will fit right in with what we have built.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Now Jacobs is in I still think we need a second option. How about Lachlan Delahunty from WA? He just won the Sandover medal as a ruckman. Averaged 32 disposals and 15 hitouts in the WAFL this year. He is undersized at 194 cm but essentially plays as a genuine extra midfielder. Is 28 so his body would stand up to the challenges of AFL. I imagine him being a little like Tim English i that he won't exactly win the hitout count but will beat his man around the ground.

Worth a shot IMO

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Don’t love the sauce that much. Pittonet would be a nice age-profile back up if cheap who I think Hawks fans kinda rate.

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Don’t love the sauce that much. Pittonet would be a nice age-profile back up if cheap who I think Hawks fans kinda rate.

Won't be surprised if we also grab Pittonet given we were linked to him only a few weeks ago and it makes a lot of sense to go with the experienced guy, as well the mid age guy and keep developing Briggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back