List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see something like a 6+next year's first for 3+ next year's second being the priority for Melb. They need outside/half back run so someone like ash or young will probably be there at 6 and we will get ahead of the bid of adelaide (no idea why they would want Green) and sydney (he would be great for them).
I think in that scenario we loose massively but we are negotiating with a gun to the head

Conversely i liked Captain's suggestion that we chase the Sun's pick an settle for a player like Jackson who should still be around later on in that first round. I actually really like the kid and he would be a significant addition to our tall stocks. Yes we already have two young guys there but nobody has put their hand up and demanded they are next in line.

TBH i just miss footy...

That wasn't the case last year as was evident when the dogs made a trade after melb made a bid on Rhylee West with pick 26 and at time the dogs next pick was pick 30 so they traded pick 30 and 57 for freos pick 34 and 41 then they matched the bid coming from melb.
You are correct. Learn something everyday. Very difficult to find anything official about the rules. I think that the only restriction is that you have to make the trade within two minutes of the initial bid so you need to have something teed up before.

The AFL closed that loophole we successfully used last year and also don't allow pick swaps whilst a live bid has been made. Now of course you can't find anything on the AFL website because they like these types of "rules" to be a bit murky so they can change or over rule them as it suits them.

I expect that you've already got some kind of agreement in place to obtain Melbourne's pick 3 otherwise your trade up to pick 6 has cost you a lot of points. Note that your pick 6 will actually be pick 7 once you match a Green bid by Crows or Swans so Melbourne are actually drifting out a significant amount.

Be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

I can see something like a 6+next year's first for 3+ next year's second being the priority for Melb. They need outside/half back run so someone like ash or young will probably be there at 6 and we will get ahead of the bid of adelaide (no idea why they would want Green) and sydney (he would be great for them).

Would be very supprised if melb gave back any pick
Think 6 + 2020 first will be the deal
You bascially getting 2 pick 3s for 6 + 20ish

Hi just a trade idea.

Pick 6 for two future seconds before the draft

Pick 10 for Future first after the Green pick.

Net
Fremantle 6 and GWS future first

GWS 10 and Fremantle and Saints future seconds.

Happy for people to disagree.

Any thoughts?

Hi just a trade idea.

Net

Any thoughts?

What if a bid of henry came before green... i mean this is .5%
But now freo have no 10 to trade back

Hi just a trade idea.

Net

Any thoughts?
It might work

I get the feeling out motivation to trade up to 6 was to then use it to trade up even further... not backwards

but if it were to happen that deal is highly skewed in your favor

Hey fellas, I have you guys and the Dogs for the Essendon Mock Draft. I wanted to trade up before a bid came in for Green but that was unfeasible so I traded down to get more points. In essence I have two picks which will cover where the bid for Green will come in perfectly, then picks 36 and 47. Is there any player or type of player you want me to target with those picks?

Hey fellas, I have you guys and the Dogs for the Essendon Mock Draft. I wanted to trade up before a bid came in for Green but that was unfeasible so I traded down to get more points. In essence I have two picks which will cover where the bid for Green will come in perfectly, then picks 36 and 47. Is there any player or type of player you want me to target with those picks?
Delahunty with the second, unless you are still holding enough later picks to cover him.
36 Bianco or his type would be ideal

Delahunty with the second, unless you are still holding enough later picks to cover him.
36 Bianco or his type would be ideal
Nah, I basically traded all your current picks in favour of covering Green and getting upgrades on 40, 59 and 60. Which I did. Sort of.

Nah, I basically traded all your current picks in favour of covering Green and getting upgrades on 40, 59 and 60. Which I did. Sort of.
Delahunty and a decent rebounding half back prospect are probably the two main priorities in that case

Delahunty and a decent rebounding half back prospect are probably the two main priorities in that case
Okay. May well be an outside midfielder like Josh Shute but okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might work

I get the feeling out motivation to trade up to 6 was to then use it to trade up even further... not backwards

but if it were to happen that deal is highly skewed in your favor
Dont think its that much in our favour, if teams do similar next year it will be 10+20+24 for 6+17
and if the rumoured asking price to trade for 3 or 4 is true this could be a better offer

Dont think its that much in our favour, if teams do similar next year it will be 10+20+24 for 6+17
and if the rumoured asking price to trade for 3 or 4 is true this could be a better offer
Except next year is so compromised it won’t be that

I think the "compromised" thing is overblown, especially at this early stage. Yes, there are a lot of kids attached to particular clubs but we're mainly talking about first round picks. While there might be 17 of 44 from the Future Stars game attached to particular clubs those with links always get the earlier exposure so it's highly unlikely that ~40% of next year's first round will be locked up before we get there.

The key part will be the depth of next year's draft. If there's only a handful of top prospects and they're all linked, that's an issue but no one's suggested that's the case. The actual opinions on the depth have varied according to quotes from recruiters. The "compromisation" storyline has focused on raw numbers rather than projecting draft positions but if a dozen of those end up being third round picks and later it really will end up being no different to a normal draft.

Kysiah Pickett and Thomson Dow

I think the "compromised" thing is overblown, especially at this early stage. Yes, there are a lot of kids attached to particular clubs but we're mainly talking about first round picks. While there might be 17 of 44 from the Future Stars game attached to particular clubs those with links always get the earlier exposure so it's highly unlikely that ~40% of next year's first round will be locked up before we get there.

The key part will be the depth of next year's draft. If there's only a handful of top prospects and they're all linked, that's an issue but no one's suggested that's the case. The actual opinions on the depth have varied according to quotes from recruiters. The "compromisation" storyline has focused on raw numbers rather than projecting draft positions but if a dozen of those end up being third round picks and later it really will end up being no different to a normal draft.

Good analysis in next years draft here - https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/lystics-afl-podcast/id1399593043?i=1000454654096

It would appear the chatter on how compromised the draft next year is overblown however it does look like it could be quite an average draft unless something changes in next 12 months.

I really hope we have a proper crack at getting him, I think he’s a star and my spies reckon there is a lot of improvement in him. GWS needs some more players like this with genuine flair.
I agree, but I also have my WB hat on in regards to drafting. I ended up trading 13 and 53 for essentially 26, 27 and 60. Those two early picks are going to be used on a key defender and a small forward, which Pickett is the top of the list for. Sorry.

I can see something like a 6+next year's first for 3+ next year's second being the priority for Melb.

Will not happen Melbourne want Jackson and will take him at 3. The reason it won't happen is if we get pick 3 we will take Jackson so no deal will be done.

Take it to the bank Melbourne have told us no deal will be done. They will bid on Green make us burn our pick than take Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back