2019 PODs

How many PODs are in your starting team?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If you forget that his name is Rocky and look at him as a 400k fallen premo with a huge ceiling, he's no more risk than anyone else. No Wingard no Polec no Wines to start the season he and Gray become very important.
I mean he's only 50k more than popular mid pricers Greene and Miles, who don't have anywhere near his scoring history. If he's fit he's worth it. If he gets injured early, then it's an easy trade to whoever is the best of Miles/Libba/Greene via DPP and pocket the cash. If he can last even 1/3 of the season he should make 100+k. Worth considering imo.

I’d rather Brad Crouch at $400k

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Expectations for Taranto? Some people expect nothing less than 105 average

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He looks like a good player with lots of potential, and accumulates well. With the changes made by GWS he surely gets a good opportunity in the midfield. I'm expecting at least 100 but hoping he can push 110+ and be a keeper.

If you forget that his name is Rocky and look at him as a 400k fallen premo with a huge ceiling, he's no more risk than anyone else. No Wingard no Polec no Wines to start the season he and Gray become very important.
I mean he's only 50k more than popular mid pricers Greene and Miles, who don't have anywhere near his scoring history. If he's fit he's worth it. If he gets injured early, then it's an easy trade to whoever is the best of Miles/Libba/Greene via DPP and pocket the cash. If he can last even 1/3 of the season he should make 100+k. Worth considering imo.

tenor-49.gif

He looks like a good player with lots of potential, and accumulates well. With the changes made by GWS he surely gets a good opportunity in the midfield. I'm expecting at least 100 but hoping he can push 110+ and be a keeper.

110 seems a fair Stretch IMO. Think 95-105 is more likely.

All comes down to what you're happy with as M8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crozier is a guy I am considering in place of Williams, mainly if I end up taking Whitfield (would prefer not to have 2 from the same team in the 1 one line).

Had basically 2 seasons last year:
1 - first 7 games, averaged 52.7. Included an injury affected 23 - but even removing that only boosts his average in this time to 57.7. Max of 18 disposals, only 1 game above 3 rebound 50s.

2 - 97.4 from his last 10 games, including 4 tonnes and 3 scores in the 90s. 7 out of 10 games 20+ disposals, 5/10 4+ rebound 50s, good efficiency, kicks a lot.

Good form coincided with Morris's return, while he scored 2 100's with the only games with Wood in the side in those last 10 games - to me there's evidence that those guys get the defensive jobs and it releases Crozier a bit more. Johannisen is out. Williams is likely to continue to progress into the midfield.

0% selection. If you get general Crozier, then yep, I understand that, inconsistent/role-changing Crozier will deliver 75-80. But reasonable chance that he continues on with that 2nd half of the season form and tracks around 93-95 I think. Top 10 defender calculations.

Crozier is a guy I am considering in place of Williams, mainly if I end up taking Whitfield (would prefer not to have 2 from the same team in the 1 one line).

1 - first 7 games, averaged 52.7. Included an injury affected 23 - but even removing that only boosts his average in this time to 57.7. Max of 18 disposals, only 1 game above 3 rebound 50s.

2 - 97.4 from his last 10 games, including 4 tonnes and 3 scores in the 90s. 7 out of 10 games 20+ disposals, 5/10 4+ rebound 50s, good efficiency, kicks a lot.

Good form coincided with Morris's return, while he scored 2 100's with the only games with Wood in the side in those last 10 games - to me there's evidence that those guys get the defensive jobs and it releases Crozier a bit more. Johannisen is out. Williams is likely to continue to progress into the midfield.

0% selection. If you get general Crozier, then yep, I understand that, inconsistent/role-changing Crozier will deliver 75-80. But reasonable chance that he continues on with that 2nd half of the season form and tracks around 93-95 I think. Top 10 defender calculations.
Like the thinking, but at 428k I want a guy who has averaged in the 90s for a season at some stage. Not enough potential benefit for the risk imo. Good luck if you go that way :thumbsu:

Like the thinking, but at 428k I want a guy who has averaged in the 90s for a season at some stage. Not enough potential benefit for the risk imo. Good luck if you go that way :thumbsu:

That's fair enough too.

Personally, I see the back half of Sicily's 2017, front half of Lloyd 2017, back half of Laird's 2016 etc, and love picking a guy who has shown they can maintain a reasonable run of scoring. Optimism.
(compared to Savage's 2017 back half, Luke McDonald's 2017 back half etc. Pessimism!)

McGrath keeps coming up and tempting my chol.

Don't see how a number 1 draft pick entering his 3rd season and training/playing full time midfield wouldn't improve dramatically.

All he needs is a 90ave in defense. Already finds plenty of the ball, he just needs to be more damaging and add some tackles.

Don't see how a number 1 draft pick entering his 3rd season and training/playing full time midfield wouldn't improve dramatically.

All he needs is a 90ave in defense. Already finds plenty of the ball, he just needs to be more damaging and add some tackles.
He played mid last year & constantly got 60-80 points of 20 possession games. Not a SC player IMO

He's tempting me too all I keep hearing is he is training with the mids and the videos I've seen he looks a million bucks. But I don't really see who in our midfield will make way for him. Heppel, Zerrett and Smiths roles won't change. We've added Shiel into the mix and Langford and Parish's minutes should be increasing if anything.

Any Witts fans

New captain
Doesn’t miss games
Coming into ruck prime age 26
Could breakout into 100+

Have had Darcy and goldy at r2 over pre season
Just think Witts could be a great pod
I’m a fan. Probably needs a few more disposals to up his supercoach game though

Averaged 84.2 in games he got at least 20 possessions last year.
Not bad, but would hope for a little more.

Any Witts fans

New captain
Doesn’t miss games
Coming into ruck prime age 26
Could breakout into 100+

Have had Darcy and goldy at r2 over pre season
Just think Witts could be a great pod

Doesn't mark it or kick it enough. When he does kick almost always goes short.

Very high proportion of his scoring would come from hit outs and tackles.
His scoring would be pretty capped unless he manages to start taking a few intercept marks I reckon.

Only averaged 2.1 marks per game compared with 3.5 - 4.5 for Gawn, Goldy, Mcevoy, Stef, Grundy

I have him as a D2 placeholder right now.
He had an interrupted pre-season last year (knee) and started slowly, then was thrown forward a few times. Plays much better behind the ball where he clocked up his bigger scores including one super game with high 30s possessions.

Back