Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently have Libba at M6 ...i can trade Libba to a Rookie, and get Gray .....but is paying an extra $225K worth an extra 10 ppg

Libba ...$300K ....lets say he averages 90 ppg next season
Gray ....$525K ... Lets say he averages 100 ppg next season (last 3 years ave's 96, 91, 107)

Finally had a chance to have my first crack:

DEF: Laird, Whitfield, Z. Williams, Rozee, Collins, Burgess (Hore, McLennan)
MID: P. Cripps, Oliver, J. Kelly (GWS), D. Martin, Viney, Liberatore, B. Smith, Bewley (Bytel, Hind, West)
RUC: Goldstein, Nankervis (Sweet)
FWD: Dangerfield, Heeney, R. Gray, Petracca, Setterfield, Cavarra (Corbett, M. Parker)

with about 23K left.
Which players do you think will still be in your side at around 23 dylan93?

Of course they are. SC put a 10% premium (or something like that) on starting prices. It’s actually in their mathematical formula.
Not a premium, other way around. Rookies priced at 20-40-odd, output in season is going to be higher, so the multiplier has to come down in season to keep total price pool constant. But if there were no / very few rookies and they didn't put up numbers, the MN wouldn't change much.

Not one ruckman in 250 to 300 range any chance to make big $$$ pick them at your peril I for one will be glad to get 100 pt head start everyweek against sides with them in it. Grundy Gawn Goldstein Martin are the four to choose from and work around them but hey this is why SC is good game to play
Yeah, will see. Have Goldy + Grundy as it stands, not ruling anything out though.No point worrying about it until its known who will be rocking in what capacity.

Not a premium, other way around. Rookies priced at 20-40-odd, output in season is going to be higher, so the multiplier has to come down in season to keep total price pool constant. But if there were no / very few rookies and they didn't put up numbers, the MN wouldn't change much.
CD have their formula to determine prices based on last year’s averages, which they calculate and then add 10% (or something like that) to determine their starting prices. That’s not a guess, it’s been publicised before by CD. Couldn’t be stuffed trying to find a link, you’ll just have to trust me.

CD have their formula to determine prices based on last year’s averages, which they calculate and then add 10% (or something like that) to determine their starting prices. That’s not a guess, it’s been publicised before by CD. Couldn’t be stuffed trying to find a link, you’ll just have to trust me.

Would be interesting if it could be substantiated.
Never seen it published and intuitively it makes no sense because it doesn’t factor in rookie entry / older player retirement rates etc. which impact price pool base.
There was also no constant ratio between previous season MN (end-year/avg) and current season starting MN that I saw to date.
If you do remember where you read it, let us know, would be interested to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree .....but I haven't picked Mr Dependable this year ....will be an upgrade target, as I want to see Smith's impact as the nominated kicker ....I also don't think Laird can increase on his output last season, but i can see him dropping a bit (smith)
I'm not to sure why you're worried about Smith's impact.

Season 2017 Smith played 22 games and averaged low 80's, Laird also played 22 games at an average of 100. The year before that Smith played 21 at an average of 75 with Laird playing 17 and averaging 97. With Smith being the 'designated kicker' on both occasions.

Personally, I don't see anybody other than Whitfield and maybe Lloyd averaging 100+ down back throughout the year. And with a pre-season which is hopefully a lot better than last years, Laird has to be a set and forget lock imo. But I guess you never know

What is your midfield structure? Surprises me how you have both Gawn and Grundy with a very deep forward line
Not a lot different to my current team
Laird Whitfield Williams
Cripps Oliver Jelly Dusty
Grundy Gawn
Danger Heeney Gray McLean Greene

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird, Whitfield, Z. Williams, P. Cripps, Oliver, J. Kelly (GWS), D. Martin, Viney, Liberatore, Dangerfield, Heeney, R. Gray & Petracca.
I’d be surprised if Viney, Libba and Trac are.

Either way, any player not in that list you’ve just put up should be a rookie in your current side. No point spending big bucks on a player you know you’ll have to sideways trade.

I’d be surprised if Viney, Libba and Trac are.

Either way, any player not in that list you’ve just put up should be a rookie in your current side. No point spending big bucks on a player you know you’ll have to sideways trade.

Fair enough. Just curious how high you usually finish each year in SC?

I'm not to sure why you're worried about Smith's impact.

Season 2017 Smith played 22 games and averaged low 80's, Laird also played 22 games at an average of 100. The year before that Smith played 21 at an average of 75 with Laird playing 17 and averaging 97. With Smith being the 'designated kicker' on both occasions.

Personally, I don't see anybody other than Whitfield and maybe Lloyd averaging 100+ down back throughout the year. And with a pre-season which is hopefully a lot better than last years, Laird has to be a set and forget lock imo. But I guess you never know

With the kick out rules changing I wonder whether clubs will be going for a longer kick to get the ball 90m from goal rather than a precise 30m chipper type.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fair enough. Just curious how high you usually finish each year in SC?
Various every year (obviously). Normally somewhere between 8 and 20k although I’ve ranked better and worse than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back