2nds 2019 SANFL Grand Final- Port Adelaide v Glenelg 3pm Sunday 22/9

Remove this Banner Ad

I really really want this but worry that you can't put old heads on young shoulders under pressure. You can't buy maturity.

Can't stand that we could lose to our three greatest enemies across three gf's.

As an aside that am hoping is not an omen my youngest won his gf yesterday playing for Angle Vale (palindrome colours and song) v's Mallala (maggies colours and song) after two weeks ago they lost the qualifying final by 5 points.... Was deliriously happy for the lad but I fun king hate that song especially after hearing it 15 times.

I understand that some don't see it as a big deal but I and I think a lot of others would find a lot of joy in a win and I think we deserve it.

I think Alyx said it best above.

Carn Ports

Bit sad today. My Auntie (Dad's sister) had heart failure very recently and had been in the RAH. Was told that she has come back this morning to spend the last couple of days at her home.

She is around 94 or 95, so she's had a "good innings" as they say, but has endured high level diabetes for the past 30 years. Amazing she has gone on so long (seems something of a trait in our family - Mum and Dad both spent 15 to 20 years fighting heart, breathing and diabetic related issues, but refused to give in to those issues until the very end, and lived years longer than everyone expected).

A mad Port fan, so - come on men! Give her one last smile before she meets her maker.

Go Port. Bring Tommy home.

Will the possible wet weather help us? We're not the most skilled team and if it becomes a scrap, that will disrupt Glenelg's structure (which is their strength).
Helps Glenelg as it means it will be close. Port need to win by 7-10 goals. If it’s a close one umpires will make sure Glenelg get over the line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose the typo re Genelg was deliberate, but I love it :D

I want a bloodbath, I want Curran to cop it pre bounce!.

I'll be making it for this one to cheer the boys on, hoping for a bloodbath and if nothing goes to plan...Hopefully wild Bill at least takes Currans head off this time.

Rain seems to have passed for now, but a bit nervous about this one.

I’m going, been loving all the nostalgia during the week, but I’m not expecting a win. The SANFL simply won’t allow it.
Time on in the third quarter, and Port receives its first free kick of the day - in the back pocket. The free kick count is now 27-1.

Boss Man finally cracked the sh!ts after a week's worth of heckling.

Old mate who wears his ratty lace-up and Magpies beanie everywhere came into work. "Carn the Maggies," I said to him as he pushed his trolley past. He paused and looked at me and I tapped my 1986 junior member badge pinned to my black work shirt. He pumped his fist and went off on an unsolicited rant about how much he hates "those bloody Glenelg p**fters."

"There's one now," I said, pointing to Boss Man, pretending to be busy nearby. "He barracks for Port and Glenelg."
"What the f@%k?"

Old mate was almost as shocked as I was when I found out. Boss Man explains how he barracks for Port in the AFL and Glenelg in the SANFL and how he came to barrack for the Tigers. Old Mate's listening to Boss Man, but he's not hearing him and when the grovelling over-justification is over, he turns to me and says:

"This campaigner's cooked!"

Well, didn't I just lose my sh!t. Boss Man pretends to get a call through his Secret Squirrel earpiece and bustles away, lmao.

Between rewatching all those great final wins, pumping John Farnham led LRB's "Playing to Win" on loop all week and buying a fresh new pair of classic black & white Puma Clydes for today, ahhhh, I'm jacked...

3b7f40.gif

Last edited:
Plenty of black and white teams in SA country and Ammo's have been winning flags this year, including Lobethal and Tanunda, so weather may be crap - but ya just gotta believe.

Today's date is 22/9/19 = 50. We've won 37 AFL/SANFL flags. Now 50 - 37 = 13. Thatmay be unlucky for some, but our tally is 13 SANFL flags since I started attending GF's in 1977. So 13 holds no fears for us. Omen.
We've won flags in several years ending with a number 9. Omen.
It's been exactly 20 years since our last SANFL flag, and we tend to win them in intervals of multiples of 10 (1939, 1959, 1979, 1989, 1999 / 1958, 1988, 1998 / 1906, 1936, 1956, 1996). Omen.
Tally is 36 SANFL flags and 37 runners up - time to "even the ledger" with our 37th. Omen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back