2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

McStay's taken 28 contested marks this season, none of those players could replace that output.
Not to say I want McStay gone Walker not been bad this year..
McStay 28 form 16 games avg 1.75 a game.
Walker 16 from 10 games avg 1.6 a game. Did not have a mark last week :) was 16 from 9 at 1.77 going into the Port game

McStay 65 marks in total from 16 games vs Walker 63 from 10 games

Not to say I want McStay gone Walker not been bad this year..
McStay 28 form 16 games avg 1.75 a game.
Walker 16 from 10 games avg 1.6 a game. Did not have a mark last week :) was 16 from 9 at 1.77 going into the Port game

McStay 65 marks in total from 16 games vs Walker 63 from 10 games

The one thing to note was that last week was the only game he played as the attacker, both the defender.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unfortunately the only reason Cedric will be on the list next year is due to him being contracted already. If he were uncontracted at year end he would unfortunately be delisted. Hasn’t come on at all.

I don’t agree at all based on his skill and playing capabilities but can see why you’d think that. He’s obviously had a very interrupted year with I believe two stints of returning home but I reckon the investment will bear serious fruit next year because the glimpses we’ve seen are ridiculously high and unlike anyone else on the list with the exception of Tommy Cutler who I obviously rate very high.

I don’t agree at all based on his skill and playing capabilities but can see why you’d think that. He’s obviously had a very interrupted year with I believe two stints of returning home but I reckon the investment will bear serious fruit next year because the glimpses we’ve seen are ridiculously high and unlike anyone else on the list with the exception of Tommy Cutler who I obviously rate very high.

Agree we will persist with Cedric.

Unfortunately the only reason Cedric will be on the list next year is due to him being contracted already. If he were uncontracted at year end he would unfortunately be delisted. Hasn’t come on at all.

Is that your view or the clubs?

Would love Cox to go to that extra level & agree he will add something special if he does

Cedric Cox has X factor and silk potential written all over him, huge upside, if he works hard and wants success enough he will be a class player, IMO it would be a mistake to move him on and I'd be very surprised if we did, OOC 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that your view or the clubs?

It’s just my thoughts. I don’t think any of us here speak for the club. We all speak our thoughts that’s the point of the forum. On Cedric I’d love the guy to come on, he could be a missing link in terms of skills and speed out of the back line. But he’s played 12 games in three years and none in the past year. Younger guys like Starch and Bailey have gone past him. He hasn’t been able to string games together and hasn’t been outstanding when given an opportunity either.

We can’t keep everybody and the AFL rules require we turn over a minimum of 4 players every year. There will be some hard decisions made this year which will no doubt upset some supporters.

It’s just my thoughts. I don’t think any of us here speak for the club. We all speak our thoughts that’s the point of the forum. On Cedric I’d love the guy to come on, he could be a missing link in terms of skills and speed out of the back line. But he’s played 12 games in three years and none in the past year. Younger guys like Starch and Bailey have gone past him. He hasn’t been able to string games together and hasn’t been outstanding when given an opportunity either.

We can’t keep everybody and the AFL rules require we turn over a minimum of 4 players every year. There will be some hard decisions made this year which will no doubt upset some supporters.

3 players.

Keep hearing McStay is McGone.Exploring options elsewhere.Rates himself pretty highly apparently.

Explain your sources though. Where is this ‘keep hearing’ coming from?

More than when I posted I heard the same thing.Vic based and is around the game.Nothing confirmed ,exploring options.Which is reasonable as a professional athlete.I hope it doesn’t happen as Dan has improved this year and has a good chance to explode in the near future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back