2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd expect at least a couple of Peel games given his preseason .. but I'm also getting that feeling.
Maybe it will be like Cerra.

Not fit for round one, round one goes poorly, fit enough now - get him in.

He is an extraction mid who kicks both sides of his body in an AFL system that gives him a lot of space at the centre bounce. He is made for this game.

Maybe it will be like Cerra.

Not fit for round one, round one goes poorly, fit enough now - get him in.

He is an extraction mid who kicks both sides of his body in an AFL system that gives him a lot of space at the centre bounce. He is made for this game.
Agree and he is also one that sees outside the bubble of the immediate contest.

Not enough players? Thats so ****** up.
Not really. Remember we need 5 or 6 peel guys to "top up" our full team match sims.

Even if our injury list was zero, we still wouldn't play full match sims if all peel players were unavailable.

Valente was the captain of the U18 winning side ahead of Luk and Rankine amongst others. He likely slid to us due to inj but sitting on the sidelines all season because he's a first year while a number of others elsewhere get games wouldn't make sense to me. inj aside, he seemed to be one of the most ready to go players after guys like Walsh in the U18 with a body to match. I think we'll see him play fairly early and he's the type to hold his spot.
Well he has been compared to Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis, add Brayshaw, Cerra, and that is our core group of next
generations mids.
Adding some pace around those 3, with a good ruck and the new rules could actually work to advantage if we can learn
to play smart?

Not really. Remember we need 5 or 6 peel guys to "top up" our full team match sims.

Even if our injury list was zero, we still wouldn't play full match sims if all peel players were unavailable.
So if we wanted to play a match sim last weekend we could have? It just kind of sounded like we may have wanted to do full match sim but couldnt get enough players. But yeah your right if they didnt want to do one anyway and chose not ot get peel top up guys.

He didn't train with the main group from what I saw, was certainly out there and had both his boots and runners with him.

Yeah fair bit of noise around Valente recently. Was surprised to see a body ready for AFL in the latest pics.
If Fyfe thinks he's taking out the rising star this year he certainly can't do that at Peel.

Gee there’s a lot of running with the Fyfe voting for Valente for the RS, but surely he’s going to back one of his own in regardless yeah?

Probably, but it's still a fairly reasonable conclusion to think it means he'll be in contention for a spot sooner rather than later. WIth him being MIA the last few weeks I was feeling pretty pessimistic about the chances of seeing him in action early on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently hogan was training....good news if true.

Indifferent and frustrating news more like it. They had already announced he would continue to train hard, so there seems in his case to be a broken relationship between training and playing. What can we read into it?

Indifferent and frustrating news more like it. They had already announced he would continue to train hard, so there seems in his case to be a broken relationship between training and playing. What can we read into it?
Who knows with this mob?

Maybe its the water slides. The come down would be awesome.

My money is it is about pressure and expectation. I get it, I've been there. Overcoming some pretty awful personal stuff takes so much out of you, and then you're expected to not only come through it but to perform, and not only perform but perform at an elite level.

No pressure to perform at training. Out on the field of Optus stadium with a lot of Australia watching your every move is a whole different story.

The media and those that believe everything they hear have been savages. He'll get through it. Not sure the illness those idiots criticising him as if he is a criminal have is curable though.

Luke Valente is out there as well, and it says on the injury list he's got a groin injury, and out for 2 weeks???

My money is it is about pressure and expectation. I get it, I've been there. Overcoming some pretty awful personal stuff takes so much out of you, and then you're expected to not only come through it but to perform, and not only perform but perform at an elite level.

No pressure to perform at training. Out on the field of Optus stadium with a lot of Australia watching your every move is a whole different story.

The media and those that believe everything they hear have been savages. He'll get through it. Not sure the illness those idiots criticising him as if he is a criminal have is curable though.

I agree that will probably be the case.
The hyperbole attacking him is way over the top but on the other hand I can understand the cynicism - imagine being paid 3/4 of a million a year to train the house down but you're too anxious to play. That's a sweet gig. How long does this "wrapping your arms around him" as a club last? I think it's fine now, if it's still happening in a month, the wtf drumbeat will be unbearable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back