2019 United Kingdom Election CONSERVATIVE WIN

Who would you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Worse labour defeat in almost 100 years, the dustbin of history is waiting for the Hezbollah Cosmonaut. Great to see that the British public won't accept an openly racist leader.
Once again you're full of s**t.
Boris Johnson has invoked some of the oldest and most pernicious antisemitic stereotypes in a book he wrote when he was a Conservative shadow minister. He describes “Jewish oligarchs” who run the media, and fiddle the figures to fix elections in their favour.

He portrays a Jewish character, Sammy Katz, with a “proud nose and curly hair”, and paints him as a malevolent, stingy, snake-like Jewish businessman who exploits immigrant workers for profit. There is nothing subtle about this. We know what antisemitism looks like.

Johnson has form when it comes to anti-Jewish hatred. As editor of the Spectator he chose to publish articles in which the notorious racist Taki Theodoracopulos boasted of being “an antisemite”, argued black people “have lower IQs than whites” and praised Enoch Powell as a “great man”. Johnson defended Theodoracopulos, calling him a “distinguished columnist”.

The silver lining here is Corbyn simply has to step down. He's unelectable. There has to be a credible opposition in parliament, and I can't see any Labour Party led by Corbyn being that.

All eyes on Scotland now. I imagine there will be a strong push for a second independence vote and for Scotland to remain in (or rejoin) the EU, depending on Brexit timeframes.

whats a credible opposition? Seem to remember corbyn smashing boris in parliament?

Gee preferential voting would have changed the game. All these people in the North voting for Brexit party - i'd guess most wouldn't vote conservative but they're still taking votes off Labour.

aussie tories recruited for this election running the clive palmer strategy in UK

Once again you're full of s**t.

Your anti Jewish hero got his arse kicked, live with it. Forget anyone else Corbyn is scum

Your anti Jewish hero got his arse kicked, live with it. Forget anyone else Corbyn is scum
By another anti-Jewish leader, you nuff. At least I'm not here pretending that Corbyn doesn't have a history of anti-Semitism controversies like you are with BoJo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't fool yourselves, no one likes Boris Johnson, everyone knows he lies.

Looks like they like him enough.

lol, more fake news. It's a win for fake news spread by Murdoch.England is now an International joke like Australia and the US. England is largely irrelevant on the world stage now.

Who is left on the world stage? England is now a international joke like <lists entire world>...

I'm wondering if the usual avenues for people to dip their toe in and test the waters have been heavily influenced by more left leaning politics, so the surprise of Trump, Morrison and now Johnson has blind sided them because there is an order of magnitude more voices for one side in that little pond they are testing.
There's a disconnect between the full time Twitter users and the rest of society. I don't understand why the left have a near monopoly on Twitter, reddit etc, whether it's due to age demographics or what.

Will it top Australia 2010 though ?
Nah, the meltdown over the pies winning the flag will never be topped!

lol, more fake news. It's a win for fake news spread by Murdoch.England is now an International joke like Australia and the US. England is largely irrelevant on the world stage now.

You know the rate we are going the "joke" countries will outnumber the (apparent) rational thinkers so perhaps the joke's on you and you just don't see it.

whats a credible opposition? Seem to remember corbyn smashing boris in parliament?
Given the election result, how much cut through did 'smashing Boris in parliament' have?

Boris is woeful and couldn't lie straight in bed but outlined a clear position. Corbyn didn't offer much clarity on Brexit which was central to the election.
Lots of people who jumped on the anti-semite bandwagon (yes, quite a lot of the ame people who scream "free speech' whenever anything islamaphobic is muttered"). Corbyn could have quickly put that issue to bed - stand down any candidate who made such comments, party expulsions, etc. He didn't, and it gave that angle of the campaign oxygen.

He was a terrible candidate. He can't simply rest on a 'closer than expected campaign against Teresa May' some years ago.

Side note, I'd be interested to see the turnout numbers in the midlands, given it's Labour heartland but also pro-Brexit.

Back