2020 AFL Crowds & Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

126k. Ive seen worse. Dogs/Bombers did 110k in Melb on a Sunday arvo in 2018. Eagles/Dogs did 122, Dees/Eagles 119.

Fair enough. I guess not too dreadful given so one-sided without a vic team (which probably has hardly ever happened in the last decade or so). Clearly dissapointing numbers in at least one of Adelaide or Brisbane (though apparently Brisbane doesn't include all of the gold coast?

There most likely 200,000 regionals that can be added. It still leaves the NRL way behind the AFL!

Go and have a look at LU they dont even want to talk about ratings anymore.
So much for the NRL being the biggest thing on TV that fools like Masters like to promote!

There most likely 200,000 regionals that can be added. It still leaves the NRL way behind the AFL!

Go and have a look at LU they dont even want to talk about ratings anymore.
So much for the NRL being the biggest thing on TV that fools like Masters like to promote!

Never been to LU, not interested.

Crowds back from next week. Surely every games except Vic v Vic at 60k Optus can sell out. Do we think Pies v Cats can get 30k in a fortnight?

The derby probably will, but I dunno about other games. A lot of members gave up their entitlements, and there will be some people that are hesitant to go out, especially if you're in a high risk group.
Ticket prices matter as well. If its 20 buck tickets I might go to Geelong Collingwood, but if it's usual Perth prices then they won't get 30k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Chris Scott and Alistair Clarkson have both come out today also saying the game is rubbish so I'm not alone!

Whats the excuse for the mistake riddled matches and the pathetic low scores?
Players not fit and umpires not paying obvious free kicks as Clarkson says?

Both Chris Scott and Alistair Clarkson have both come out today also saying the game is rubbish so I'm not alone!

Whats the excuse for the mistake riddled matches and the pathetic low scores?
Players not fit and umpires not paying obvious free kicks as Clarkson says?

Actually Clarko said something like that. Chris Scott was just responding to a question and said in response to questioning

“Secondly, if your issue is congestion and you want the ball to flow better and make it harder to defend, reduce the number of players on the field, increase the number of players rotating and ball will ping around and it will be os hard to coach and so hard to defend.

“But I’m sort of wary of bringing it up because what I say gets taken out of context. I’m not advocating for it, I’m just saying based on what we’ve seen if that’s your issue, that’s your fix, among other things but maybe other coaches will get dirty on me as well because they do want to have some say on it.

“Just tell us what to do.”

Neither of them said anything about it being "mistake riddled"

I actually agree with Clarko on the holding the ball issue. Just significantly reduce "prior opportunity" to be "long enough to hand ball it immediately" would get rid of the vast majority of incorrect disposal that is currently allowed.

16 a side is the most obvious positive change that could be made for so many reasons.

I agree with Clarko. I would shrink prior opportunity down to basically if you don't hand ball immediately after taking possession you are holding the ball.

I'm not sure 16 a side will be as effective as people think it will be and the risk is it could be come to uncontested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back