Review 2020 AFL Draft Live Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

So this might look familiar but it's actually a new spreadsheet, built to hopefully make it easier to update during the draft.

Going to do the best I can, hopefully it doesn't break. 🤞🤞🤞

To embed the spreadsheet elsewhere on the forum use the following:
Code:
[MEDIA="googlespreadsheetnew"]1uekV33YWh329IBqWvR0BXVfUgS8T-OK7fkecE7xQslM[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
no he wasn’t, look at what Twomey and Balmer saying about him. He had bolted into the 10-15 range and not just for Adelaide.

If Adelaide wanted to play it safe, why wouldn’t they just take Powell who had been ranked in that range for longer, and is also from SA.

Did Twomey have some unpublished super duper late mail? Because Pedlar was at 24 in his late mail

He doesn’t like to commit on putting bolsters too high, but if you read his stuff, he linked Pedlar to a bunch of clubs in the teens. Giants were the big one.

Well I hope the kid is good for yous

There’s excuses every year. Fact is in the last twenty years, there have been multiple teams that have won flags without dominant talls. Only one without a dominant midfield (WCE) and they dodged the best team in it.

4 top 10 pick defenders have won flags in the last twenty years. Two of them were in the Lions team from the Fitzroy merge. We have four on our list currently. 6 if you count McGrath and Heppell. It is not the way to premierships.
We did recruit Caldwell + draft Perkins who'll eventually go through the midfield

I get what you mean, but building the spine first is not a terrible strategy. We entered the draft with one of the worst KPP stocks in the competition.
Daniher and TBC are gone.
Hooker, Hurley and Ambrose are close to being finished.
Relying on Peter Wright isn't really the best strategy for anyone.
BZT doesn't really look like he'll make it as he just doesn't have the speed/athleticism the likes of Cox and Reid have.

We've actually taken 4 different types of talls.
I get what you're saying in that I prefer we picked a mid over one of our talls, but I'm perfectly happy going the other way. This year is the draft for talls and we've nailed our selections. Next year is a strong draft for inside mids so most of our picks should be mids. We don't have to worry about our spine for a long time which is a positive.

They effectively traded their 1st Pick next year (which will be absorbed by Daicos) for Pick 30, 31, Pick 44 & 2 x 3rd rounders.

Not sure on what logic that is a bad trade for them.

Was 24 and 30 really the best return for a high 1st?

Was 24 and 30 really the best return for a high 1st?

It was more than 24 and 30. I’m not sure whether you can read or not but their return was far more than that.

And who knows where that pick lands.

Their biggest loss in season 2020 was Jeremy Howe. Chris Fagan rightly pointed out the other day that intercepting mark players are the most important players in the AFL now.

McRae also out of any midfielder drafted tonight is the most ready to go for season 2021. A far superior kick than Treloar and he is the best dual sided player drafted in the last 3 drafts.

To replace Treloar with McRae & have McInnes & Daicos to come, they have set themselves up very well.

Liam McMahon - COLLINGWOOD
Athletic Forward

Northern Knights
Height: 194cm. Weight 80kg

Kid has grown 3cm and put on 6.5 kg since these measurements were taken.Looks like a developing KPF with potential.

Bio: McMahon is the perfect late selection and has the potential to develop into a strong player. His vertical leap gives him a big advantage over his opponents, where he can grab the ball at the highest point. He averaged 3.1 marks last season in the NAB League and also possess great speed, having run a sub three-second 20m sprint in the past. He is a great project player and could develop into a fine player from the 2020 draft pool.

It was more than 24 and 30. I’m not sure whether you can read or not but their return was far more than that.

And who knows where that pick lands.

Their biggest loss in season 2020 was Jeremy Howe. Chris Fagan rightly pointed out the other day that intercepting mark players are the most important players in the AFL now.

McRae also out of any midfielder drafted tonight is the most ready to go for season 2021. A far superior kick than Treloar and he is the best dual sided player drafted in the last 3 drafts.

To replace Treloar with McRae & have McInnes & Daicos to come, they have set themselves up very well.
howe was a huge loss. he was the most in form defender in the competition when he got injured. exciting to hear that macrae is dual sided!

howe was a huge loss. he was the most in form defender in the competition when he got injured. exciting to hear that macrae is dual sided!

Pies have always had mids coming out the wazoo

What about the forwards?

It's like you're perpetually the Eagles of 2005-2007

Macrae is as good on his left as his right.

He perhaps more than any other Charger was impacted by no footy this season. With Rowell & co, he was going to be a f/t mid this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont remember the last key forward we have had. Some may say Cloke, but that is nearly laughable.

We just don't do key forwards full stop.

I feel like you should have gone after Oscar Allen with the 1st or something

Even Brander might have been shaken free.

I feel like you should have gone after Oscar Allen with the 1st or something
Not sure but I think we dont rate key forwards, unlike a lot of clubs. I believe we chased Tom Lynch and possibly Jeremy Cameron, but nothing.

Up to Cox, Mihoceck and our smalls for the short term.

Not sure but I think we dont rate key forwards, unlike a lot of clubs. I believe we chased Tom Lynch and possibly Jeremy Cameron, but nothing.

Up to Cox, Mihoceck and our smalls for the short term.

Did you get anyone to replace Stephenson at the least?

Mihocek is great, but I don't think he's a #1 KPF

Did you get anyone to replace Stephenson at the least?
Stephenson is extremely overrated by oppo fans (and a lot of pies fans). Kid needs to focus on footy. He is no loss unless he gets his head screwed on, which he may.

If anything Oliver Henry may be his replacement.

Treloar was a loss, but he is the biggest butcher of a ball ever.

I will add to my last post that the pies see Will Kelly (son of Craig) as a key fwd prospect.

Nathan Murphy.

Stephenson is extremely overrated by oppo fans (and a lot of pies fans). Kid needs to focus on footy. He is no loss unless he gets his head screwed on, which he may.

If anything Oliver Henry may be his replacement.

Treloar was a loss, but he is the biggest butcher of a ball ever.

I will add to my last post that the pies see Will Kelly (son of Craig) as a key fwd prospect.

Remember Stepho going ham against us in the Granny

Remove this Banner Ad

Back