AFL 2020 - AFL Finals week two (no aftertiming allowed)

May 6, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Port h2h, Boak n Rocky 20disp, martin n houli 15 disp. $5.15 SB boosted, got a unit on it.

Like it I personally am only taking Rockliff 20+ it’s a market I’m sceptical of. Too often prelims are tight contested affairs. 20+ is a lot!

Chubberson

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 12, 2011
radelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Like it I personally am only taking Rockliff 20+ it’s a market I’m sceptical of. Too often prelims are tight contested affairs. 20+ is a lot!
Normally I wouldn't take Boak for 20 but he's been in a rich vein of form and looks super confident. With Wines, Rocky and SPP doing a lot of the bullocking Boak is showing how cluey he is on the spread and outside. I've convinced myself anyhow lol!

True re: prelims being tight affairs but the tigers look a little fatigued.

Normally I wouldn't take Boak for 20 but he's been in a rich vein of form and looks super confident. With Wines, Rocky and SPP doing a lot of the bullocking Boak is showing how cluey he is on the spread and outside. I've convinced myself anyhow lol!

Might just take Cotchin 15+ instead of Boak take a fraction less. I just hate these 20+ markets. The one market I don’t mind is the group A winner in Boak throwing a dart there

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Why would Tigers be fatigued? Lynch, Prestia, Edwards, Houli and co had extended breaks. They've had a week off a couple weeks ago after playing every 4-6 days previously. They're also playing 7 days after games in which quarters are shorter duration.

They should be cherry ripe.

Why would Tigers be fatigued? Lynch, Prestia, Edwards, Houli and co had extended breaks. They've had a week off a couple weeks ago after playing every 4-6 days previously. They're also playing 7 days after games in which quarters are shorter duration.

They should be cherry ripe.

Still do think the week off is massive and it is that way every single year. Having the rest will help Brisbane and Port. I know they are favourites but they are for a reason

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Still do think the week off is massive and it is that way every single year. Having the rest will help Brisbane and Port. I know they are favourites but they are for a reason
Might have to disagree with you here. I think having two weeks of in three is a real momentum stopper and some teams come out in the prelim flat. Since the week off after round 23 came in winners from week 1 and 4 and 4 in the prelim vs 7 and 1 prior to the changes.

Even without the new week off there has been some shaky performances in prelims that leads to dominant GF performances. Hawks almost lost to Port and Ade in prelims but were dominant the next week.

Obvs i'm quoting results with small sample sizes and some teams have been outstanding coming off a break.

Back