AFL 2020 - AFL Finals week two (no aftertiming allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

WEEK 2 FINALS

Tigers (mookieb ) v Saints (iluvparis )

Well, well well. Seems like an old fashioned grudge match here. Loser eliminated in 2020, winner to the prelim.

Cats (Ohh Ok ) v Pies (JuniorWatch )

Good luck you two, been a good punting year from both of you. Winner to the prelim. Loser eliminated as well.

*CAN YOU POST YOUR BETS 24 HOURS BEFORE GAME TIME.

I WILL SEND A REMINDER, IF NOT THERE WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC ELIMINATION.

Im not even sure before the banning if there was even a market for this? You are correct, that this is the reason why we dont have these markets at all.

There was with Topsport. Some of us made an absolute
Killing arbing them.

Yeah Richmond should win, but I had Brisbane rated quite low of the 4 and haven't seen tigers hit top gear in the past few months. would be the main reason I'm avoiding 1.3, Carlisle and Ryder out hurts, especially Carlisle I think.

Obviously opinions are 1.3 is value.
Because you had Brisbane low you under rate Richmond. Hmm. Nothing like compounding an error. It’s the football equivalent of in racing doubling up on faves who have been losing because “they’re due”.

Because you had Brisbane low you under rate Richmond. Hmm. Nothing like compounding an error. It’s the football equivalent of in racing doubling up on faves who have been losing because “they’re due”.

Haha maybe you are right. That's punting. Having an opinion and hoping it's better than the bookies.
Nothing against Brisbane either I'm right and tigers aren't going as well as expected or I'm wrong and geelong are the worst of the top 4.

People are backing in pies against geelong due to a win over an under done WC...

No need to be rude about it. That's why we have forums. For discussion.

Looking at some early GS odds before teams are out:
-Geary 2g+ @8.50 SB is tempting - he kicked 2.1 last week. (& ags @2.25)
-Butler and lonie 2g+ @5's & 3g+ @19's SB. seems like a little value considering butler averaged 2g per game early in the season and has kicked 1.1 every game in his last 4 games. butler(3) and lonie(2) both got on the board last time they played tigers (butler is shorter odds on tab)
-cant see Rioli kicking 2g+ 2 weeks in a row based on his goal average this year.. so pick another, its a raffle with which tigers forwards stand up tho and no value with lynch. will watch to see if caddy gets named in team or not.
-Cox ags @1.72, 2g+ @5 SB looks an ok pick IF he can copy last week. & if he outmarks everyone just 25m out from goal. (3g+ @17)
-Thomas ags @2.10, degoey 2g+ @2.50.
-Hawkins hasnt gone goaless 2 weeks in a row this year so i'll back him to bounce back with 1g+ or 2g+ as he'll be hungry to put his stamp on the game. but no value with him unfortunately.
-One of rohan,stanley,ablett,miers for 2g+ @4.50 seems the best shots, but again luck dip who gets 2g.. ablett seemed to play down the ground a bit more last game so unsure on his chances.

Not of a dart as he often doesn’t kick straight but Castagna for 2+ not the worst throw at the stumps. He’ll get 2+ shots it’s just whether he’ll kick straight
hmm Castagna seems to drift fwd less than he used to for the tigers.. or is that just me??
But yea look, i cannot bring myself to back him ever since he kicked 0.5 again in the Grandfinal last year...
he is on.. --THE LIST--

-- Players who love to kick behinds when they should be goals --
1.Neale 0.6 -round 4
2.Castagna 0.5 - 2019 GF / 0.5 - round 17, 2018
3.McCluggage - ytd has 8.21
4.Ryan 0.4 -round 2/ 1.3 -round 9/ 1.4 - round 8, 2019

honourable mentions
Hawkins 0.5 - Qualifying Final

Last edited:
hmm Castagna seems to drift fwd less than he used to for the tigers.. or is that just me??

Aarts seems to be the one that they want at the feet of Lynch and Riewoldt most of the time. Castagna has definitely gotten up the ground a bit too much for my liking.

Looking at some early GS odds before teams are out:
-Geary 2g+ @8.50 SB is tempting - he kicked 2.1 last week. (& ags @2.25)
-Butler and lonie 2g+ @5's & 3g+ @19's SB. seems like a little value considering butler averaged 2g per game early in the season and has kicked 1.1 every game in his last 4 games. butler(3) and lonie(2) both got on the board last time they played tigers (butler is shorter odds on tab)
-cant see Rioli kicking 2g+ 2 weeks in a row based on his goal average this year.. so pick another, its a raffle with which tigers forwards stand up tho and no value with lynch. will watch to see if caddy gets named in team or not.
-Cox ags @1.72, 2g+ @5 SB looks an ok pick IF he can copy last week. & if he outmarks everyone just 25m out from goal. (3g+ @17)
-Thomas ags @2.10, degoey 2g+ @2.50.
-Hawkins hasnt gone goaless 2 weeks in a row this year so i'll back him to bounce back with 1g+ or 2g+ as he'll be hungry to put his stamp on the game. but no value with him unfortunately.
-One of rohan,stanley,ablett,miers for 2g+ @4.50 seems the best shots, but again luck dip who gets 2g.. ablett seemed to play down the ground a bit more last game so unsure on his chances.

Geary will mostly likely play backline.

Butler will be up and about against his old team you'd think.

Should be a relatively high scoring shootout style game though- the polar opposite to what i expect from the dour arm wrestle in the other semi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sportsbet are running their 3 leg bonus bet promo again for both games.

For the saints game I've settled on these 3:

Steele 15+
Steele 20+
Tigers H2H @ $2.05 boosted

Riewoldt AGS
Riewoldt 2+
Total points u150 @ $2.37

Lynch AGS
Lynch 2+
Tigers H2H @ $2 boosted

Confident of a minimum of 1 win and 2 bonus bets back from that lot, hopefully 2 wins and 1 bonus bet back.

Haven't decided on 3 for the other game yet though- I don't think it will be high scoring so am wary of the goalscorer markets.

I wouldn't touch goals markets in Cats/Pies, be lucky if either side scores 50 for mine.

Richmond look the bet of the round that line should be 10-15 points higher.

I wouldn't touch goals markets in Cats/Pies, be lucky if either side scores 50 for mine.

Richmond look the bet of the round that line should be 10-15 points higher.

I think the cats/pies points line is 110 so unders an obvious play there

M. King 2+ @$3
D. Butler 2+ @$5

Look good to me. Waiting for Lads to release their odds though.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not going near King. Tigers defence is elite and I don't have St Kilda scoring that many. Like Butler though.

Yeah I will more than likely have a single bet on Butler and King + Aarts in a SGM

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Liking Arts, Butler and basically any smalls in that game. Think the tall defenders cancel each other out and thus going away from Lynch/King in the respective sides.

I also like Steele for 20+ as a player prop

Nobody kicks bags on Collingwood, you're better off finding the guy that kicks 1 or 2.

Just a feeling that Hawkins would be beyond annoyed at almost costing the game last week. If anyone is going to kick a bag it's him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back