AFL 2020 - AFL Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be cautious adding Docherty to any same game multis for 20+ possies tomorrow night. Geary is set to return and from all reports will do a fwd tagging role on Doc who has been in great form
Jeez AFL is getting bad when a decade long s**t team like Carlton are getting their HB flanker whos missed 2 full seasons tagged.

Play with some dare/risk ffs. No wonder Gil keeps changing the rules

Last edited:

Jeez AFL is getting bad when a decade long sh*t tea like Carlton are getting their HB flanker whos missed 2 full seasons tagged.

Play with some dare/risk ffs. No wonder Gil keeps changing the rules
Agree wholeheartedly, I think tagging should be erased from the game altogether. No one wants to watch the best player/s from each side get shut down each and every week. But from what I’ve read it’s a big possibility that Geary goes to Doc this weekend

Agree wholeheartedly, I think tagging should be erased from the game altogether. No one wants to watch the best player/s from each side get shut down each and every week. But from what I’ve read it’s a big possibility that Geary goes to Doc this weekend
I dont mind tagging as such. Every player on field should be somewhat accountable for someone defensively but as a team your first instinct should be to attack. Tagging a HB flanker from a bottom 6 side is just sad...

Parish 15+ $2
Continued to play the awful forward pocket role last week but with Merrett out hoping he finally sees a bit of midfield time, could spend some time on a wing potentially. He gets even half the game up the ground and he'll cover this easily
Mitch Hibberd to debut. Plays inside midfield and Parish was quite effective with 2 goals last week so I don't like his chances of midfield minutes this week.

Unibet decided to post their Total Match Points line this morning. Odds are nothing to ride home about. Their margins are set at 22-23%. The best line to bet on there in comparison with the other 5 bookies is the 181-190 line. (Sportsbet/TAB/TopSport/Neds/Palmerbet)

View attachment 904294
I think you'll find with nearly every sport/racing bookies set the margin at 20-25 percent and slowly ease it closer to the event.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't rate Carlton so perhaps bias but St Kilda tonight at $1.85?? I really like it. Decent side at Marvel, Jones out a loss but still have Hill for that run.

What am I missing here? I'd price them 1.60ish

Edit: price has moved from 1.80 to 1.90 the last hour or so. Someone late out?
Adelaide fan not rating Carlton is really sweet not gonna lie. I think the prices look about right, probably a 60/40 game to them.

Adelaide fan not rating Carlton is really sweet not gonna lie. I think the prices look about right, probably a 60/40 game to them.
It's not a personal, deep-seeded hatred so not sure why it's sweet coming from me...
They're just not good. No longer shambolic like we have become but still a bloody average side at best

2+ Goals Eddie Betts & 2+ Goals Max King @ odds of $12.75 with the Boost

Even though Max didnt score any goals last week, you know he will be a chance with a bag of goals with the way he presents himself up forward. Plays like his brother at Gold Coast. And Eddie is Eddie , he can do anything on his day.

4u Ross 15+, Billings 15+, Curnow 15+ @ $1.75 (SB)
2u Docherty Under 23.5 @ $1.87 (lads)
1.25u Both teams to score 60+ @ $2.70 (lads)

Had a bit of a giggle with a few scorecast results tonight:

1 unit Cripps 1st goal x Saints Win = $65.00
1 unit Eddie Betts 1st goal x Saints Win= $36.25
1 unit Max King 1st goal x Blues Win= $34.50
1 unit Marsh 1st goal x Blues Win= $69.50
0.50 unit Murphy 1st goal x Saints win= $99.50
1 unit Dan Butler 2+ Goals & Total Match Points 161-170 = $37.50
0.50 unit Max King to kick 5+ goals at $101.00

As well as

2.5 units Cripps 2 + goals & 25+ disposals at $18.75
2.5 units Cripps to Score a goal in 1st half & score a goal in 2nd half at $14
2.5 units Cripps most Disposals in Group (Cripps, Walsh, Docherty, Murphy, Ross, Billings, Hannebery, Jack Steele) x Sam Walsh Over 18.5 diposals x Over 127.5 points at $16.50

I haven't watch much of Carlton this year but based on results this year, this might be a close one either way.

Cheeky tenner on this:
15+ Cunningham, Gibbons, Hill, Gresham, Clark
AGS Betts & Butler
$15.5 SB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back