2020 celebrations

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m surprised th club aren’t getting around it publicly more.
Would be great distraction from all our on field failures.

Are you though? Are you reeeealy?

This conversely makes our argument stronger. We have a lot of support etc. with ZERO assistance from the club.
While I agree, as fans it's awesome we are all behind it. I think it would be such a strong thing for the club to do to fully get behind it, unrelenting, and forcefully say this is what we want, this is what we are doing. Right now it looks as though the club is timid. Be strong publicly ports, we sure know we would have in the past, that is how we got in the AFL in the first place..

While I agree, as fans it's awesome we are all behind it. I think it would be such a strong thing for the club to do to fully get behind it, unrelenting, and forcefully say this is what we want, this is what we are doing. Right now it looks as though the club is timid. Be strong publicly ports, we sure know we would have in the past, that is how we got in the AFL in the first place..
Too bloody right they should!
The crux of the campaign is to call the club out on it, whilst at the same time giving them a position and space to ‘negotiate’.

I’m surprised th club aren’t getting around it publicly more.
Would be great distraction from all our on field failures.
They won’t get around it because they have most likely already caved. The position of the supporters is for strong leadership and a hard stance on our rights to our history. The leaders of the club have already buckled I would say.

Announcing their decision mid season would just add to disconnect. They will wait until yet another failed Hinkley cluster* of a season before letting us down on what is possible the only issue any of us care about at the moment.

If we only play one game in the PBs next season, am I the only one who categorically does not want that game to be our home Showdown?

Hinkley getting his stink all over the PBs in another home Showdown loss is an indignity the club and the guernsey can do without.

This conversely makes our argument stronger. We have a lot of support etc. with ZERO assistance from the club.
Someone posted earlier that some of the messages coming out of the club suggest that the decision has already been made not to wear the bars and the members and supporters are just being softened up like we were over co-captains. I suspect this is the case and the reason there is zero assistance from the club for the Bring Back The Bars campaign.

Edit: just seen (sic) Pt Augusta Power's post saying pretty much the same thing

Someone posted earlier that some of the messages coming out of the club suggest that the decision has already been made not to wear the bars and the members and supporters are just being softened up like we were over co-captains. I suspect this is the case and the reason there is zero assistance from the club for the Bring Back The Bars campaign.

Edit: just seen (sic) Pt Augusta Power's post saying pretty much the same thing
Perhaps, if so we are not stopping. We can use the rage, the club are being very coy. It feels a lot like the co captain debacle.

Last edited:
Email from the club saying get there and join us for the homecoming on Saturday night. Not one mention of the wear the prison bars in support of the 2020 campaign..
Absolutely piss weak from the club, as usual. Pathetic.

They will probably send an email out saying wear your 1870 light blue hooped guernsey instead !

Not wearing the bars at all for the 150th anniversary would be an insanely ballsy move for a club board and executive that has clearly disappeared up it's own arse.

As i've said previously, my seats are too good to give up, but they'd be remaining empty until Koch and KT are gone if we don't get this done.

They won’t get around it because they have most likely already caved. The position of the supporters is for strong leadership and a hard stance on our rights to our history. The leaders of the club have already buckled I would say.

Announcing their decision mid season would just add to disconnect. They will wait until yet another failed Hinkley cluster**** of a season before letting us down on what is possible the only issue any of us care about at the moment.

I know I am not going to articulate this well enough but I'll try. Providing the club is fair dinkum about this, if the members can on mass campaign and show significant support of wearing the PB regularly and make enough noise about it towards the club then the club can approach the AFL stating that they are obligated to address this overwhelming demand from its members, thus the club cannot be seen to be supporting this publicly. So it is critical that the members get very loud about this issue and grows its numbers. It is just comments from KT that plays with my head about the club's 'dinkum-ness' but I try to ignore those comments and believe that the above is what the club is aiming for us to do to help the cause.

I know I am not going to articulate this well enough but I'll try. Providing the club is fair dinkum about this, if the members can on mass campaign and show significant support of wearing the PB regularly and make enough noise about it towards the club then the club can approach the AFL stating that they are obligated to address this overwhelming demand from its members, thus the club cannot be seen to be supporting this publicly. So it is critical that the members get very loud about this issue and grows its numbers. It is just comments from KT that plays with my head about the club's 'dinkum-ness' but I try to ignore those comments and believe that the above is what the club is aiming for us to do to help the cause.

It just smacks of the "it's too hard so we won't bother" attitude that has found it's way into every facet of the club this decade.

Submit our chosen guernsey design to the AFL. If we face ANY resistance on what is a very reasonable request, go public with the request so that the members feel heard and so that the AFL are forced to defend their position publicly.

The "we've asked the question", "we're going through the process" type comments are infuriating. No f***ing s**t you've asked the question. It's the most obvious possible request you could have made regarding our 2020 celebrations.

This is the sort of s**t we have to put up with because the AFL controls our board. Board members who will not stand up for the club because doing what is in the club's best interests isn't what pays the bills for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just smacks of the "it's too hard so we won't bother" attitude that has found it's way into every facet of the club this decade.

Submit our chosen guernsey design to the AFL. If we face ANY resistance on what is a very reasonable request, go public with the request so that the members feel heard and so that the AFL are forced to defend their position publicly.

The "we've asked the question", "we're going through the process" type comments are infuriating. No f***ing **** you've asked the question. It's the most obvious possible request you could have made regarding our 2020 celebrations.

This is the sort of **** we have to put up with because the AFL controls our board. Board members who will not stand up for the club because doing what is in the club's best interests isn't what pays the bills for them.

I think the AFL could be swayed by a strong member driven campaign that was not influenced by the club. I think/hope that this is what the club wishes to happen.

The "we've asked the question", "we're going through the process" type comments are infuriating. No f***ing **** you've asked the question. It's the most obvious possible request you could have made regarding our 2020 celebrations.

This is the sort of **** we have to put up with because the AFL controls our board. Board members who will not stand up for the club because doing what is in the club's best interests isn't what pays the bills for them.
And yet the one thing they decide to take on is the captaincy issue. FFS.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Co-captains and hostels, doing away with history because "its just a skull cap bro" KT says so then disregarding proven winning traditions and ethos. These are the keys to premiership glory my friends.

I think the AFL could be swayed by a strong member driven campaign that was not influenced by the club. I think/hope that this is what the club wishes to happen.

The AFL is populist and reactionary before it's anything else, so that isn't a bad assumption.

But this club used to be about heavy lifting. Now we're about waiting for other people to do things for us and then claiming victory for them. Koch and KT have dined out on the enormous member and financial boost that only occured because Mark Haysman was prepared to sacrifice himself to get us to Adelaide Oval.

Matthew Richardson is on twitter asking people why we're so disillusioned and saying he can't fix on-field stuff. So we tell him about what is important to us off-field. About a month later, we've got our CEO saying "I think two Showdowns would be the absolute maximum, we don’t wanna wear it beyond that, one Showdown would be okay. I just think it needs to find its way into our celebrations in some way”.

Find. It's. Way. Into. Our. Celebrations. In. Some. Way.

They don't listen to the members and they don't care about the members. That much could not be more obvious. Koch never has. I'm sure that KT did at one stage, but clearly that time is barely visible in the rear view mirror as the pressure of the job has gotten to him.

I just can't believe for even 1 second that we'll wear the bars in 2020 with the club engaging in this level of expectation management. As others have said, it's like every footy dept presser and it's incredibly reminiscent of the lead up to the co-captains announcement.

An abdication of all responsibility for change is what the club wants huh

* me

I just can't believe for even 1 second that we'll wear the bars in 2020 with the club engaging in this level of expectation management. As others have said, it's like every footy dept presser and it's incredibly reminiscent of the lead up to the co-captains announcement.

I see it this way as well. KT’s language is weak and I don’t trust that it’s political. Prepare for another disappointment in a long line of disappointments from this club admin.

An abdication of all responsibility for change is what the club wants huh

**** me

Yes well KTs recent comments has hurt my faith in it all but some time ago I heard that the club had been negotiating heavily and it is their strategy to use this 'independent' strongly backed member driven campaign to show the AFL that the directors of the club are acting on obligation to meet the needs of its members, and it would be business negligence if the club and the AFL ignored it.

Watched the presser from yesterday with KT. I'm very disappointed that we'll be wearing the PB's a maximum of twice and only in showdowns. I wonder if they will change their mind when they see the sales for those jumpers go through the f$#ck**g roof.

A reward for the players is to wear the PB with the number 35 on it at the main session. Yet our upper management don't want to have the fight on behalf of the fans and players when it clearly means so much to us all. They've probably already been told by the AFL it will be a no but since when do we accept no. It seems our off-field fight is matching the on-field fight atm. Yeh there's some good stuff but there is absolutely room for improvement.

I'm a KT fan, I'm very upset by this PB stance.

The AFL is populist and reactionary before it's anything else, so that isn't a bad assumption.

But this club used to be about heavy lifting. Now we're about waiting for other people to do things for us and then claiming victory for them. Koch and KT have dined out on the enormous member and financial boost that only occured because Mark Haysman was prepared to sacrifice himself to get us to Adelaide Oval.

Matthew Richardson is on twitter asking people why we're so disillusioned and saying he can't fix on-field stuff. So we tell him about what is important to us off-field. About a month later, we've got our CEO saying "I think two Showdowns would be the absolute maximum, we don’t wanna wear it beyond that, one Showdown would be okay. I just think it needs to find its way into our celebrations in some way”.

Find. It's. Way. Into. Our. Celebrations. In. Some. Way.

They don't listen to the members and they don't care about the members. That much could not be more obvious. Koch never has. I'm sure that KT did at one stage, but clearly that time is barely visible in the rear view mirror as the pressure of the job has gotten to him.

It’s almost as though certain employees fear being sacked by a board stacked with AFL-appointees, for calling out that we’re not pressing hard for the PB since the AFL don’t want us to, that said employees have enough brains to know they’ll be blamed for triggering the inevitable member revolt and for exacerbating the financial position that holds us back from fixing our senior coaching dilemma.

Absolute sh*tsh*w of gutless off-field anti-Creedness.

“Just because you have no goddam idea where things will end up is no reason not to do the right thing”
-Mikhail Gorbachev/Mark Haysman/Bruce Weber

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes well KTs recent comments has hurt my faith in it all but some time ago I heard that the club had been negotiating heavily and it is their strategy to use this 'independent' strongly backed member driven campaign to show the AFL that the directors of the club are acting on obligation to meet the needs of its members, and it would be business negligence if the club and the AFL ignored it.

If this is the case, they'd want to be acknowledging the #bringbackthebars campaign sometime soon.

Because right now it just looks like they are a pack of incompetent cowards, managing expectation instead of putting their necks on the line for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back