Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Obviously we would move Keays up, who is on a two year deal, you nincompoop.
Having a 2 year contract is completely irrelevant. Davis still has 2 years to run on his contract, and they just moved him from the senior list to the rookie list.
It was fine that you ran for days on the "once you pass you can't match" bandwagon, without acknowledging the very large likelihood that you could be wrong. That was a very Vader act, even after someone pointed out that GWS had matches bids in Academy players after passing. You did acknowledge it, after someone pulled the paperwork.
Except that there wasn't a "very large likelihood" of me being wrong. There was a clause which prevented clubs from re-entering the draft after passing (6.2.f). That clause existed in the 2018 AFL Rules document, but has been omitted in the 2020 version. There are identical clauses still remaining in the 2020 AFL Rules document which prevent clubs from doing this in both the PSD and RD. They only chose to omit it for the ND, and the rule was only changed in the last 2 years, without the AFL mentioning it publicly.

Yes, I was wrong - but only because the AFL had changed the rule, without making any public announcement of the rule's omission.
Here, it's OBVIOUS why the Crows could do that. Just slow down, stop being so arrogant and think about it for a bit.
It's obvious to you, because you love coming up with ridiculously complicated PlayStation-style trading scenarios, which require mental gymnastics of an Olympic standard. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to someone who exists in the real world.

I'm well aware that they can do it... there's just nothing whatsoever to suggest that there's even the remotest possibility of it actually happening.

Having a 2 year contract is completely irrelevant. Davis still has 2 years to run on his contract, and they just moved him from the senior list to the rookie list.

Except that there wasn't a "very large likelihood" of me being wrong. There was a clause which prevented clubs from re-entering the draft after passing (6.2.f). That clause existed in the 2018 AFL Rules document, but has been omitted in the 2020 version. There are identical clauses still remaining in the 2020 AFL Rules document which prevent clubs from doing this in both the PSD and RD. They only chose to omit it for the ND, and the rule was only changed in the last 2 years, without the AFL mentioning it publicly.

Yes, I was wrong - but only because the AFL had changed the rule, without making any public announcement of the rule's omission.

It's obvious to you, because you love coming up with ridiculously complicated PlayStation-style trading scenarios, which require mental gymnastics of an Olympic standard. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to someone who exists in the real world.

I'm well aware that they can do it... there's just nothing whatsoever to suggest that there's even the remotest possibility of it actually happening.

For *s sake!

Davis is on a one year deal!

David Burtenshaw just posted THE EXACT SAME THING I SUGGESTED ON TWITTER.

Look - the majority of what you post is reasonably well researched.

But your bullheadedness and stubbornness is ridiculous!

You ARE often wrong Vader and it would do you well to not be so disrespectful to other posters.

My god - you were wrong about nominated rookies being guaranteed a list spot, you were wrong about passing and bids, you were wrong about Davis' contract.

Just be humble and listen to people a bit more, and don't speak your opinions like they're facts handed down from God.

For fu**s sake!

Davis is a on a one year deal!

David Burtenshaw just posted THE EXACT SAME THING I SUGGESTED ON TWITTER.

Look - the majority of what you post is reasonably well researched.

But your bullheadedness and stubbornness is ridiculous!

You ARE often wrong Vader and it would do you well to not be so disrespectful to other posters.
Don't mistake me not respecting you, for me not respecting other posters. It's just that your posting history, particularly WRT trading and drafting, is not worthy of respect.

Don't mistake me not respecting you, for me not respecting other posters. It's just that your posting history, particularly WRT trading and drafting, is not worthy of respect.
Oh, please.

You have been wrong multiple times and you swan around like you're king of this board.

You offer narrow-minded unimaginative simplistic posts. Your officiousness is useful when it comes to keeping track of paperwork, but even that has been lax recently.

My posts regarding trading and drafting always come from a position of research and realism and you will be unable to find a single post that doesn't.

I found a post from 2016 that contradicted what you said was a fact yesterday - and you made the post yourself!

Is this the ‘who do you want us to draft’ thread or is that elsewhere?

*crickets*

Ok, I want:

1 Thilthorpe (played only as a forward, quicker and more powerful than Logan)
9 Perkins, if not then Bruhn
22 Ford
23 Cook
40 Durdin
80 Borlase
scratch Durdin and take Brodie Lake now it appears the Suns aren't pre-listing him.

Vader - make sure you log onto Twitter and tell David Burtenshaw what he's posted here is ridiculous.

I'm sure he'd love to hear your opinion. Make sure you tell him of your fame on Bigfooty so he knows why his reasonably obvious suggestion is so shocking.

Apologies. I thought he still had 2 years left. I thought that was why they didn't just pay him out this year.
No worries. He has one year, as does Mackay, which is why there's no contractual advantage between them and a drafted rookie.

Now - the nominated Father Sons. Have you had a chance to look at that and reconsider what you said yesterday?

Personally, I don't think either Borlase or Newchurch is in the top 38 or so players in the draft, so I'd be bitterly disappointed if we used that picking them or traded it for pennies on the dollar.
I concur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knightmare is having a shocking year
He's very big on improvements in draft years, it forms the large basis of his rankings. All well and good, until of course 60% of the draft class didn't actually get a chance to play

In the case of the same player being nominated by two or more clubs, the player will go to the team lower on the ladder under a rolling process.
It's a proposal to be discussed and refers to "ladder position" without qualifying whether that's the completed 2020 season ladder or the 2021 ladder at rounds 4, 8 & 12. If it's the latter you want a tough early draw ;)

Im already resigned we're taking thilthorpe. Why else would nicks have a 90 minute tea party with him.
Because he's got the ability to go and see him, he's done that with a few SA lads.

But it'll be great watching you melt and embarass yourself.

He's very big on improvements in draft years, it forms the large basis of his rankings. All well and good, until of course 60% of the draft class didn't actually get a chance to play
... and he didn't watch the remaining 40% either this year.

Because he's got the ability to go and see him, he's done that with a few SA lads.

But it'll be great watching you melt and embarass yourself.
I wont melt. If we pick him I just hope he ends up better than mcdonald. Hamish will get so much hate if mcdonald is the next wayne carey.

I wont melt. If we pick him I just hope he ends up better than mcdonald. Hamish will get so much hate if mcdonald is the next wayne carey.
Nah he'll leave North well before he's made to in disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back