Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

So you boys are set down back in your opinion?

butts and McAsey

For starters Talia's still got 2 years left and Josh Worrell is a 19year old tall Utility that can play back or forward as he showed for the Sandy Dragons/Vic Metro.

Our list needs work for sure but yours is in dire need.

Last edited:

Yep more so than say butts/McAsey for you guys but time will tell

crows 26 and under side

B: Kelly, Butts, McPherson
HB: Doedee, McAsey, Sholl
C: Keays, Milera, Hamill
HF: Jones, Himmelberg, McHenry
F: McAdam, Fogarty, Stengle
R: O'Brien, Crouch, Schoenberg
INT: Frampton Worrell Murphy Hately

North’s 26 and under side
B: Hayden Mckay Young
HB: McDonald Corr Perez
C: Dumont LDU Stephenson
HF: Taylor Comben Garner
F: Turner Larkey Zurhaar
R: Xerri Simpkin Thomas
INT: Mahony Jed Bonar Atu/Scott

uh-huh. I’ve seen your comments in north before, you really overate your own players mate.

So you boys are set down back in your opinion?

butts and McAsey
McAsey, Doedee, Worrell will likely be playing in the backline this year. I'm not a big fan of Butts. Worrell can play back or forward but may be needed back with Hartigan leaving. I wouldn't mind us taking Cox who can play forward or back as well and that should top us off down back for the next 10 years. We may also gain Borlaise which would give us extra depth and allow Worrell or Cox(if we took him) to play up forward. In saying that Cox will be hard to get unless we traded up to pick 5 and GC would only do that if the player they want is off the table at 5. We aren't going to know that when we use pick 1 so it's likely we will take a KPF at 1 meaning we would be unlikely to take another tall at 5 or 9.

Last edited:
I actually like Chapman more than I like Reid, I agree that his frame is very slender. Chapman might not have the strength yet either, but his shoulder span indicates he'll be able to bulk up a lot easier

Obviously I like Cox more than Reid, too, a lot more X Factor there
Have you seen Reid's skills? He seems likes a sure thing.

Conspiracy theory time: AA interviewed Thilthorpe and McDonald but only interviewed Hollands' dad.

And suddenly Rowe the Clueless is on the Hollands bandwagon.

Have we sent Hollands to an appraisal by Liptak?

Highly doubt it.

Didn't I read somewhere Liptak is not our surgeon of choice these days?

Not sure he ever has been, happy to be corrected.

Has he ever been?

I thought we always used Sportsmed and don't think Liptak has ever been a surgeon there.

We’ve gone through Wakefield for a long time I believe for the mens.

Erin Philips goes through Sportsmed, or at least for her most recent ACL.

Most recent ACL definitely done at Wakefield.

Some of the Crows girls do go through Sportsmed though. Plenty of politics at play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most recent ACL definitely done at Wakefield.

Some of the Crows girls do go through Sportsmed though. Plenty of politics at play.
Well the surgeon consults and does surgery out of Sportsmed, possibly Wakefield too.

98 games so far - can’t complain
That's only 3 more games than Brad Crouch and they are the same age!

Have you seen Reid's skills? He seems likes a sure thing.
Yep, not quite Nikolas Cox levels but pretty bloody decent, just needs a couple of years in the weights room...If we're taking Hollands I reckon we're every chance to takeone of Cox/Reid at pick 9 if they're still there unless if by some chance RT happened to still be there, even then it should be a toss up between Cox and RT

Thes are my thoughts on the big 3:

Talent:
EH 3, LM 2, RT 1

Xfactor
EH 3, RT 2, LM 1

Exposed Form
LM 3, RT 2, EH 1

Health:
LM 3, RT 2, EH 1

Personality/Leadership
EH 3, RT 2, LM 1

Ceiling
EH 3, RT 2, LM 1

Go Home Factor
RT 3, EH 2, LM1

That gives totals
EH 16, LM 12, RT 14

These are only my thoughts, but I'd go Hollands as a result.
I think LM's ceiling is above RT IMO.

Yep, not quite Nikolas Cox levels but pretty bloody decent, just needs a couple of years in the weights room...If we're taking Hollands I reckon we're every chance to takeone of Cox/Reid at pick 9 if they're still there unless if by some chance RT happened to still be there, even then it should be a toss up between Cox and RT
Agree.

Taking Hollands at 1 and then there seems to be a tall we can get at 9 unless the bombers take 2 or 3 of them.

Hollands and Cox/RT would be a huge win.

T
People have taken it the wrong way, GC seemingly only want to take 1 pick (hence selling 27) and move up the draft not move down.
They do want to move up but that’s really not going to be on the cards.

they have also commented that they need points in next years draft as expected their pre listing access to be removed and also expect to have a good crop of players they can access.

so maybe they are ok with moving their 1 pick down slightly if it means they strengthen next years points position

Why wouldn't North Melbourne be seriously into Denver Grainger-Barass?

Their KPD stocks are certainly hard to get enthused about veteran Robbie Tarrant, retread Josh Walker and the only youngster coming through is Ben Mackay who I'm not sure is going to be a long term answer....If I was the Roos DGB has to nearly be top of my shopping list. Get your defence set would seem to be a good starting point for their list.

It's a good point and I haven't given it alot of time with DGB and North Melbourne.

To a degree NMs list may have alot more gaps then ours. In this case it must be a "who is the best availible player"

For me I'm stuck on where Thilthorpe ranks as best available player. And dispite the local disputes Thilthorpe being local has a slight advantage in the way he is ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back