2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

TheGeneralmeg

Senior List
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Nobody really knows the salaries. That daily trade whispers crap from Morris and others is insane. Not sure why people believe it and run with it. What if 2MP is on $400K? Before season started Evans said publicly that we have a space in our cap and will be chasing A grade this off-season and following years.
Think with one game to go(after tomm) and I think the Reserves games are done may be worth doing a Freo and telling the guys that won't be there next year now so they can leave the bubble and enjoy life. Also some of them have friends and family playing in other competitions they could then watch

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Think with one game to go(after tomm) and I think the Reserves games are done may be worth doing a Freo and telling the guys that won't be there next year now so they can leave the bubble and enjoy life. Also some of them have friends and family playing in other competitions they could then watch
Our players are not in any sort of bubble though.
They are just living their normal lives on the GC

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This would be a pretty divisive move but would we consider someone like Jesse Hogan.
Played well yesterday. Was on of Freo's best against us earlier in the year.

Could be that forward up the field and allow King to stay deeper.
Would make us a better team no doubt.

Obviously comes with serious baggage. Maybe we've got the culture now that can absorb that.

Just an interesting thought.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
This would be a pretty divisive move but would we consider someone like Jesse Hogan.

Obviously comes with serious baggage. Maybe we've got the culture now that can absorb that.

Nah he has serious demons off the field, not worth the risk

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Fremantle use Neale trade to get him, don't think they will release him. Fremantle will shot up the ladder next year . They improve their kicking efficiency .

Last edited:

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Y
Nah he has serious demons off the field, not worth the risk
Yeah thats my thought too.
We're tracking really well as is, why risk upsetting the apple cart.
In saying that, if it worked out, I think it would fastback our teams development.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Imagine talking to yourself and kick 4 goal , and not talking to yourself 0 goal . I worried about ,0 goal more .
No point worry about somebody not your friend or family member if you can't help them .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I thought you might pop up if there was any criticism of your beloved Freo
You don't , i just playing a game with you , you can said lynch,Prestia . i still going to said the same thing . You are just a negative nanny worried about anything and be a negative person . O Powell is not good enough , O bring in Florini . O always like that 10 years i support this team . If you worried about other team players. You going to be anxious and have period everytime GCS play badly .

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Don't do deal based on emotional , you can't ripped off a 5 years deal . Murdoch , GHS 2-3 years contract people already regret it and complain it is too long , imagine Atkins did a Pearce Henley /marceski and Crouch play less than 100 games for GCS due to injuries . Players like Ben King , luko,Rankine will go back to Vic , Adelaide and GCS keeping Crouch in rehab and Atkins enjoy his super with gold in his pocket and sun shining brightly on him
Only a recent winning culture, don’t forget they were a laughing stock for 30 years only 5 years ago and couldn’t attract anyone to the club.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
We did pay a hansom pick for him #6
We all love Dion, he was honest and told the club 10 months out the lay he had an offer too good to refuse. We wouldn’t match the $$ or the length of contract and it’s been good to see him blossom.
Not so good that we shat the bed ( again) with another early pick in Scrimsook

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
We all love Dion, he was honest and told the club 10 months out the lay he had an offer too good to refuse. We wouldn’t match the $$ or the length of contract and it’s been good to see him blossom.
Not so good that we shat the bed ( again) with another early pick in Scrimsook
If Broad does end up at the Gold Coast we would all wish him well and hope he prospers
has been a very good servant at our club and is well within his rights to look for a better deal than we could offer him.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
i found people don't want to use ignore function just because they want attention , they want people to know how they feel and accept their opinion . Human behaviour is a funny thing . The best part is stop using it for a month and see the different, i myself still learning not to be a yes men just for the likes , i can disagree with other opinion. Social media use it incorrectly will cause you paranoid and split personality and worried about everything.

* Ignore function i use it 3 to 4 years ago , but it lost it purpose because the reason people post is seeking for likes and acceptance for their own opinion . You are your own person , you don't need outside people to agree with you all the time. Stay strong 💪 mentally.

Two response :
I agree with you
I disagree with you .
Bye bye for now ,take care of yourself don't worried too much , we all going to died one day .

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We've treated 2MP Fiorini and Brodie terribly
How awful to be a professional footballer in good health and the prime of your football career and sit out an entire season
Just awful

Fiorini the worst.
5th in BF last year.

In the leadership group.
Let’s play you out of position for 2 games then banish you forever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back