Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has been consistent that he sees Reid, Cox, Perkins, Campbell as overrated by others while Callow, Berry, McInness, Phillips he sees as underrated.

I do think that Callow could prove to be a handy acquisition, however we do have more pressing needs at the moment.

Has been consistent that he sees Reid, Cox, Perkins, Campbell as overrated by others while Callow, Berry, McInness, Phillips he sees as underrated.
I respect that he doesn't follow the crowd. He genuinely makes his own calls and is willing to disagree with the masses. In my view he seems to focus far too conservatively on proven U18 performance and too little on upside. But he watches a lot of U18 footy so it's another useful resource.

Why, he's a respected poster, who comprehensively covers the draft, continues to offer some insight and is someone who doesn't get involved in the moronic BigFooty knob swinging contests.

Didn't think advertising on here was accepted. I'm certainly not interested nor want to see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL mock draft handed us DGB ‘cos the hawks can’t ever have enough defenders’

we have one drafted defender already, defenders tend to be other positions in rep footy

OK best available but defenders is our least light area
Yeah solid lockdown Defenders are easy to find in free agency/trade like a Hartigan that can be a FB in a premiership team. Defence is a team game anyway. We hardly allow 1 on 1s in defence we always have another man helping out. We need a classy mid that can go up fwd and cause damage.

Yeah they will finish top 8 still IMO, unless the players give up on Buckley.

Really?

They don't exactly instill a lot of confidence. Stephenson, Treloar and Phillips gone from their Best 22, Pendles set to be 33 and surely won't continue to perform at his normal level, no substantial improvements in their list to offset it. Not sure their list is that good in the harsh light of day.

Mate they only just fell in this year, take away the 3 best 22 and the hit the cultures taken, they’ll be bottom 6, and it’s all self inflicted

LOL they missed Sidebottom, De Goey and Howe for large parts of the season, way to much is been made of losing 3 of their best 22 as they had a horrific injury run.

The culture argument is an interesting one, if the players give up on Buckley they'll struggle.

wow my original post was deleted. SO you can advertise on here but you can't ask if it's ok to advertise. I've learnt something today.
Anyone who knows/reads the Draft and Trading board knows eDPs’ work as a valued contributor to draft and under 18 discussion.

AFL mock draft handed us DGB ‘cos the hawks can’t ever have enough defenders’

we have one drafted defender already, defenders tend to be other positions in rep footy

OK best available but defenders is our least light area

Keep an eye out on N.Cox could be taken with our 2nd pick, A lil bit of interest from within.
I have seen his highlights but don't know much about him.
Fits your description plays in other positions.

Keep an eye out on N.Cox could be taken with our 2nd pick, A lil bit of interest from within.
I have seen his highlights but don't know much about him.
Fits your description plays in other positions.

Yeah I'd be surprised if he was available at the time of our 2nd pick unless we find a way to trade down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back