Position 2020 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Jesse Hogan? He's probably well and truly cooked but if he can stay healthy could represent some good value at only $327k.

Too risky this year with new coach, young team and no idea how we will structure the forwards.

Should be fully fit for round 1 though so if he jumps out of the gate...

I'm slowly jumping on the Chad wagon. Not quite fully on board though.

Unlike some of the other slightly cheaper discount forwards (eg Acres, Brayshaw, McDonald and Lynch) he has a better demonstrated scoring history, with three years averaging 93 or better. Hawks look more likely to let him play in the middle given the emerging depth of our forward stocks. Even if he does spend time forward, he has shown that his high impact game can score well in SC even without a lot of possessions (not at the Rioli level of points per possession but similar). He's still only 26 so should be entering or in his prime.

He's definitely a major risk. Probably 40:60 chance of becoming a decent keeper and may well miss games. But he is good value.

If interested, look to start him and trade if he gets injured or during the byes if he's not pushing a 90 average.

He's not currently in my team, but only because Steven and Smith are cheaper and I don't really want three midpricers on the same line. If the Steven injury looks bad enough to keep him out Round 1 though, I'll be freeing up some cash to get him to Chad.

He's not currently in my team, but only because Steven and Smith are cheaper and I don't really want three midpricers on the same line. If the Steven injury looks bad enough to keep him out Round 1 though, I'll be freeing up some cash to get him to Chad.

Thinking the same thing. Does anyone know if Chad has done the full preseason without any injury set backs?

I'm a good laugher ..so me for a start

Who is finishing above above him, Whitfield, Martin yep.

Gee it falls away after that Gaz played 21 games last year and finished 3rd on overall points. The below list is horible reading ranked 1 - 10. Petracca was at 11 and Whitfield 12th. Would not put my house on Devon Smith or Jack Steven either. Wingard has never averaged 100. Gaz a lock for a 90 point average.

Wrap your laughing gear around that.

1580266618888.png

He averaged 93 ppg as a pure mid in 2017, 103 ppg as a pure mid in the second half of the year in 2018, and 87 ppg as a pure mid after his return from injury in 2019. There you go. Now you're informed.
Yep informed but but those scores arnt enough to consider him in my book. Are u looking at him being a keeper if he averages 87 throughout the season. I doubt it so youll be looking at upgrading him and wasting a trade. If he averages 87 youll make some minor cash at best. Not worth it i think

Yep informed but but those scores arnt enough to consider him in my book. Are u looking at him being a keeper if he averages 87 throughout the season. I doubt it so youll be looking at upgrading him and wasting a trade. If he averages 87 youll make some minor cash at best. Not worth it i think

That's fine. I'm not saying you have to pick him. But to say he's only ever been a forward with 'stints' in the midfield is just objectively not correct. He's spent at least a season and a half at Port as a pure mid, and he ended the season as one for Hawthorn as well. And all of his best footy over the past 3 seasons has been played when he was playing as a full time midfielder.

FWIW that 87 average over the last few games last year was from something like 70% gametime. If he gets a full preseason behind him (which by all indications so far he has), that could easily push up towards 90+ or even 100, which is in line with what he did at Port in that role over the previous two seasons.

Heeney with a busted thumb

Just jumped in the time machine to January 2021 and found this...

"Isaac Heeney is expecting a big season in 2021 after a niggling thumb injury picked up in last years preseason hampered him through the rest of the year."

"I was never completely right", admits Heeney who somehow managed to play every game, though his performance he admits, was far below what he's capable of.

"In hindsight I should have given it a longer rest", but with Buddy down, the coaches really wanted to get a good start to the season so we pushed hard to be ready for round 1.

Heeney's possessions in 2020 were slightly down on his career averages as he spent much of the year camped inside the Swans forward 50 waiting for the footy that never arrived and many experts are questioning whether he will end up being considered as a great unfulfilled talent after his high profile drafting by the Swans back in 2014. However Heeney is confident that 2021 will be his best year yet.

"He's been tearing up the track and training with the midfield group" said one of his teammates off the record. "I think he's in for a monster 2021".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too risky this year with new coach, young team and no idea how we will structure the forwards.

Should be fully fit for round 1 though so if he jumps out of the gate...
Seems he's jumped out the back window instead.

By the by: M.McGovern $263400.
Lost weight "Fitter than ever" What's his ceiling?

Last edited:
Seems he's jumped out the back window instead.

By the by: M.McGovern $263400.
Lost weight "Fitter than ever" What's his ceiling?

20 nuggets, 14 Big Macs and 6 large shakes

He's only half the man his brother is

Can anyone tell me why so many people are on the Andrew Brayshaw bandwagon? He averaged 70.5 points a game last year from 22 games up from 60.5 the year before what is the attraction at $382k

He's training with the midfield group. :)

So a higher percentage of midfield time and it's also expected his total tog will increase further.

Personally I'm with you and I don't see much chance of a 20 point improvement that would make him a keeper. In that price range I rate Wingard, Lynch, Acres and McDonald (in that order) as better choices. Wouldn't be surprised if he boosts his average by a few points but not in the 90+ ballpark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back