List Mgmt. 2020 List Management II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given our excess of tall forwards could we give Charlie the opportunity to play in spurts as an on baller. It would alleviate the need to chase ourselves another expensive inside bull. Adding Viney will only add to our kicking woes.

Yuck. Let's not try and be to inventive when we don't even know what we have.

Having said that though, there will likely be surprises come the off-season....like there always seems to be.
Doesn't mean they'll work, but mixing things up at training isn't such a bad thing.

One thing that always gives things away though, is for how often one is seen training in which groups.

Who cares? Melbourne pick after us anyway.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The money has something to do with it though.

If we did though get Viney as well as Williams, all of a sudden going to the draft isn't the worst of ideas.....is it?

Yuck. Let's not try and be to inventive when we don't even know what we have.

Having said that though, there will likely be surprises come the off-season....like there always seems to be.
Doesn't mean they'll work, but mixing things up at training isn't such a bad thing.

One thing that always gives things away though, is for how often one is seen training in which groups.
For those of us old enough to remember Kouta, he had some major impact as an onballer. His versatility gave us plenty of options.

Given our excess of tall forwards could we give Charlie the opportunity to play in spurts as an on baller. It would alleviate the need to chase ourselves another expensive inside bull. Adding Viney will only add to our kicking woes.

I'm sure how people can suggest this at present, Charlie is absolutely shocking below the knees which is a fairly important attribute to have for a midfielder.

I'm sure how people can suggest this at present, Charlie is absolutely shocking below the knees which is a fairly important attribute to have for a midfielder.
Speaking of knees, after returning from his injury, would his be upto the increased running required to play as a mid?

For those of us old enough to remember Kouta, he had some major impact as an onballer. His versatility gave us plenty of options.

Charlie isn’t kouta

Kouta could go to CHB and make an impact
He could go on the ball and dominate

Charlie can’t do that

He’s a wonderful roaming forward and thats where he should be played. Imagine the space he will make for Harry and co with his movement around the half forward line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why do we need viney. firm no from me!

We havent had some mongrel since Robinson. Plus he brings a team first attitude, willing to block effectively, tackle hard, and go the bump with great results.

Its the 1%ers he adds which makes him desirable and compliments our midfield unit.

We havent had some mongrel since Robinson. Plus he brings a team first attitude, willing to block effectively, tackle hard, and go the bump with great results.

Its the 1%ers he adds which makes him desirable and compliments our midfield unit.
If we are looking o ad to our repertoire of goal kicking mediums we should be looking at value for money. I know Bayley Fritsch comes from an unfashionable club like Melbourne but he knows how to apply scoreboard pressure as a half forward. Kicked an inaccurate 22 goals 24 points and finished equal 8th in scoring shots this year. Unlike Papley will come a lot cheaper as is uncontracted. Will able to free up Martin to play more midfield minutes. When you view the stats very few mids have had scoreboard impact this year.

Also like the look of Jayden hunt who is also uncontracted. Has kicked 10 goals 2, many from long range in his 6 games

We need to start thinking outside the square rather than the usual suspects.
Every successful team needs a player with mongrel eg Fraser brown Greg williams Rhyce Jones etc we
don’t have any since Robbo left
Viney has that and he is someone the younger players can look up to

Charlie isn’t kouta

Kouta could go to CHB and make an impact
He could go on the ball and dominate

Charlie can’t do that

He’s a wonderful roaming forward and thats where he should be played. Imagine the space he will make for Harry and co with his movement around the half forward line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you’re saying Charlie is not an impact player. Roaming forward rather a pack mark. Beg to differ

So you’re saying Charlie is not an impact player. Roaming forward rather a pack mark. Beg to differ

Thats not what he said at all. Just that he lacks skills below the knees to be an effective onballer. I tend to think of Charlie in the Nick Reiwoltd mold in that he has a high aerobic capacity and can take strong marks. Imho he's more of a Reiwoltd than he is a Kouta. Kouta never struggled below his knees, those one handed scoops that he'd loop over his opponents head are testament to that.

Thats not what he said at all. Just that he lacks skills below the knees to be an effective onballer. I tend to think of Charlie in the Nick Reiwoltd mold in that he has a high aerobic capacity and can take strong marks. Imho he's more of a Reiwoltd than he is a Kouta. Kouta never struggled below his knees, those one handed scoops that he'd loop over his opponents head are testament to that.
AB Blue argued Kouta could go to CHB I can only assume he doesn't think Charlie can
AB Blue mentions Curnow is a roaming forward. Yes he can roam just like Carey did chasing kicks up the ground but he is a pack marking CHF in every sense of the word

Just read the article on the AFL site re Collingwood.
They are under salary cap pressure to re sign DeGoey, Moore and others.
They have been running 6 rookies including Miocheck (who they are trying to re sign) and if the list sizes reduce it makes their task harder.
2 very talented young forwards I’d be inquiring about are Daicos and Stephenson, with Daicos being another out of contract.
Either would be dangerous long term additions to our forward line.
Nothing ventured ... nothing gained ...

Just read the article on the AFL site re Collingwood.
They are under salary cap pressure to re sign DeGoey, Moore and others.
They have been running 6 rookies including Miocheck (who they are trying to re sign) and if the list sizes reduce it makes their task harder.
2 very talented young forwards I’d be inquiring about are Daicos and Stephenson, with Daicos being another out of contract.
Either would be dangerous long term additions to our forward line.
Nothing ventured ... nothing gained ...
Williams, Wines & Stephenson wouldn’t be a bad start to our off season period......

It's funny how much worse McGovern has gotten over the course of the off season. He's getting to the point where he's challenging James Gwilt or Matthew Bate for the worst player ever award, without even playing a game.
Agree with you McGov. is disappointing he’s lost the sparkle the
marking and footy IQ are lacking why he’s performance is well below par for what’s expected I do know. Could it have to do with his physical conditioning?Possibly adding Viny or another mature top quality midfielder would increase effective ball distribution/supply.
The midfield is the key that will unlock our woes as with most team once the physical balance is correct in the engine room evety else is buzzing along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back