2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think Brisbane already have enough problems kicking points from set shots without adding to them
Yeah... i still dont get the massive wank that goes on over dixon in the media..

hes an unreliable kick, crumbles under pressure, gives away stupid frees because he struggles to control his temper and the best thing I’ve ever heard he actually does is “crash packs”..

looking at the stats over the past few years.. Even Josh Jenkins has provided a better return than dixon..
59D73E16-2D9C-4145-9968-DD2FFECE802B.png
7E8395F7-AC0F-4743-9B44-1EBAABC62311.jpeg

Plus JJ has kicked 296 goals to Dixons 235...

Last edited:
Isn't he already 30, with a decent injury history playing a high-impact style?

Surely this is a just a 'lol destablise the oppo' garbage rumour.
You would think this would be the case but it comes across as way to obvious at the moment and deflective.

I think there was some real mental issues, that would never have been allowed to get as bad in a modern age.
A bit late but still good to see this.

Apology to Robert Muir

2 hours ago

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club has read and acknowledges Robert Muir’s story via the ABC. The Club is deeply distressed to learn of the disgraceful racism and harassment he experienced whilst playing with and against the former Woodville Football Club and the West Torrens Football Club.
The WWTFC unreservedly apologises to Robert and his family for the trauma they have all experienced as a result of the actions of all parties involved at the time.
Racism has no place in society and the WWTFC continues to work hard in educating our community the importance of this. The WWTFC have invested heavily in ensuring and educating that racism has no place in football, this is evident in the club’s engagement and leadership over the past 5 years with the APY Lands and the Don McSweeney Aboriginal Lands Cup.
The Club finds it extremely upsetting that this situation occurred during Robert’s tenure at both the Woodville and West Torrens Football Clubs. The Woodville West Torrens Football Club intends to reach out to Robert to apologise and assure him that he is most welcome at our Club at any time. Robert Muir needs to know that he is and will always be a valued person as part of the Woodville West Torrens Football Club and SANFL community.

Luke Powell Christine Williams
Chief Executive Officer President
WWTFC WWTFC

wow that SPP suspension for the tackle? So bad - I hope Port challenge and he gets off for the good of the game

How Dixon only got a fine for his elbow drop makes it all the more mystifying
They are challenging, fair enough too

I think it's ridiculous that the AFL expects someone to pay THEM to host the grand final. fu** right off. The QLD Govt have done all the heavy lifting that has enabled the AFL season to go ahead in the first place. The AFL should be PAYING THEM! Fair dinkum.
This. What would they do if everyone said no? Cancel it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing missing was the AFL media getting in motion to somehow blame the crows for Lynch's big man actions
its just gone beyond a joke.. the whole organisation needs to be overhauled. the umpiring, the tribunal... all ****in clowns in one big stupid circus act.

and how the **** can you deliberately drop an elbow with your full bodyweight onto a guys head who’s laying on the ground and not get weeks?.

just astounding.

its just gone beyond a joke.. the whole organisation needs to be overhauled. the umpiring, the tribunal... all fu**in clowns in one big stupid circus act.

and how the fu** can you deliberately drop an elbow with your full bodyweight onto a guys head who’s laying on the ground and not get weeks?.

just astounding.

Covid discount. ;)

its just gone beyond a joke.. the whole organisation needs to be overhauled. the umpiring, the tribunal... all fu**in clowns in one big stupid circus act.

and how the fu** can you deliberately drop an elbow with your full bodyweight onto a guys head who’s laying on the ground and not get weeks?.

just astounding.

And on cue Tex will elbow someone and the AFL will come out saying they had to set an example and give him two matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a disgrace what the VFL sorry the AFL are doing with the NEAFL. I'd welcome a national reserves comp, but the standalone clubs shouldn't be thrown into the bin in the process. Similarly, getting rid of the NT Thunder was a short sighted decision.

Seems like the growth of the game in the northern states has been overtaken by Vic-centricness again. COVID is just an excuse to make the changes they've wanted to for ages (ie. shorter quarters, games on Foxtel nearly every night, etc).

Few things here....1) Obviously I have not reviewed the contract, but I would assume that the current pandemic would be covered off by the definition of a "force majeure event". If so, most contracts prescribe that the obligations of the parties are simply suspended for the period of the Force Majeure Event (subject generally to an obligation to mitigate). In this particular case, the obligations suspended would specifically be the obligations of the MCG / Victorian government to provide the MCG for the Grand Final (i.e. because here in Victoria you are not permitted - and I assume will not be able to in mid October - engage in contact or organised sport). As such, I really do not understand (subject to seeing the contract) on what legal grounds the Victorian government could seek "compensation" from the AFL for moving the game to another venue. Whilst the AFL does obviously receive funding from the AFL, there is no obligation as such.

2) What is the bet that, as a result of this compensation, either more games have to be scheduled in Victoria (specifically at the MCG), or the term of the contract is extended by at least 1-2 years (meaning it ends in I think 2058??).

3) While again I sort of understand the logic of having the GF at the stadium that can fit the most fans, I have some real questions about how the AFL Commission signed off on this deal. For a start, why was only one club president (McGuire) involved? Why on earth would you lock your organisation into a 30 year contract of this nature (particularly in say, 10 years, Sydney could have a stadium which was above 100k)? And finally, wouldnt it make much more financial sense to have the states bid on the Grand Final, similar to the process in the NFL? This could have provided a huge cash windfall for the AFL if there was competitive pressure each year. I feel like the Commission clearly did not act in the best interests of the game, nor its non-Victorian members here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back